Thursday, May 24, 2018

Woman finds two duelling snakes in her shower

Posted on Wednesday, 4 October, 2017 | Comment icon 10 comments

How would you react to finding two of these in your bathroom ? Image Credit: Tim Vickers
Petrina Murphy discovered the pythons wriggling around in her shower after they fell from a skylight.
Finding a spider in your shower is bad enough, but for a 41-year-old Australian mother recently, anything would have been better than to find two large snakes battling it out in her bathroom.

"I'm just glad the shower was clean so I was able to get some photos and video without it being embarrassing," she told Caters News.

It was actually her 16-year-old son, Callum, who first discovered the reptiles.

"For people with a phobia it would be like something out of a nightmare, but I've never been particularly scared of snakes and we're pretty used to them out here," said Petrina.

"I would much rather get rid of them myself and know they're gone than have to deal with worrying about them finding their own way into the house."

Source: Inside Edition | Comments (10)

Tags: Snakes, Pythons

Comment icon #1 Posted by Sundew on 4 October, 2017, 12:45
Lucky she wasn't IN the shower, she would have probably broken her neck trying to get out....
Comment icon #2 Posted by Eldorado on 4 October, 2017, 13:10
She said the family had known for some time they had big snakes on the roof. And she also had no problem sweeping them out of her home. :) Gotta love the Australian housewife.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Stiff on 4 October, 2017, 13:58
I'm pretty sure I've seen a film with a similar title to this thread. On a serious note though, she's a lot braver than I. Spiders I have no problem with. Large snakes? Nope, nope , nope nope, no....
Comment icon #4 Posted by BiffSplitkins on 4 October, 2017, 17:18
I'd rather find dueling snakes in my shower than to find dueling banjos.
Comment icon #5 Posted by paperdyer on 4 October, 2017, 20:09
Based on the title I was thinking the same thing. Good thing snakes don't squeal like a pig!
Comment icon #6 Posted by pallidin on 5 October, 2017, 22:22
It's MY shampoo! No, it's MY shampoo!
Comment icon #7 Posted by RayvenRed on 6 October, 2017, 3:48
I would have climbed the walls trying to get out of there.
Comment icon #8 Posted by mysticwerewolf on 6 October, 2017, 5:23
it didn't look to me like they were fighting, it looked like they were mating. but I am no expert and could be very wrong. better the shower than the living room.
Comment icon #9 Posted by mysticwerewolf on 6 October, 2017, 5:25
snakes don't bother me, put some of those giant Australian spiders in there now and I would go through the roof and be the first man on mars
Comment icon #10 Posted by AustinHinton on 6 October, 2017, 16:42
Snake fight club.

New tests cast doubt on 'impossible' EmDrive
5-24-2018
Researchers in Germany may have found an explanation for the thrust produced by the controversial drive.
New fossil find prompts Pangaea split rethink
5-24-2018
A new fossil discovery has revealed that the early supercontinent split more slowly than previously believed.
Florida city sends out zombie alert message
5-23-2018
Lake Worth residents were shocked to receive an alert warning them about zombies earlier this week.
Loch Ness DNA tests to aid in hunt for Nessie
5-23-2018
Scientists are aiming to learn exactly what types of creatures are living in Scotland's enigmatic loch.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 9 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 3 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA