Tuesday, September 22, 2020
  Bizarre

Two giant snakes crash through man's ceiling

Posted on Thursday, 3 September, 2020 | Comment icon 29 comments

Snakes are more common in Australia at this time of year. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Oliver Neuman
Retiree David Tait, who lives near Brisbane, Australia, played host to two unexpected visitors on Monday.
It sounds like the stuff of nightmares, but for David Tait this week, this nightmare scenario became a stark reality when two massive carpet snakes, which had been presumably fighting over a female, came tumbling onto his kitchen floor through a large hole in the ceiling.

According to snake catcher Steven Brown, the two serpents, which measured 2.8m and 2.5m long, were among the largest he had seen in the region.

Fortunately both were successfully captured and taken to a nearby forest to be released, however no female snake was found, suggesting that it may still be loose in the house somewhere.
"We have a lot of bush around here so you do see snakes," said Tait.

"But I'd never seen snakes of that size."

For Brown, this time of the year is particular busy for snake catchers in Australia and with the coronavirus pandemic as well, more people than ever have been finding snakes at home.

"Because people are at home and they're not out and about... we've got a perfect storm where people will see more snakes," he said.

Source: The Guardian | Comments (29)

Tags: Snake, Australia

Comment icon #20 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 9:52
Yeah, that's why I was asking.  I found a video of a wombat attacking a human - funny stuff.
Comment icon #21 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 13:11
I wouldn't like to get bitten by one,I was thinking they were one of our nice species,lol.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 20:47
I never said any of the the species are cute and cuddly. I said mostly well mannered. Snake encounters are rare.  You're more likely to see their food than them.
Comment icon #23 Posted by GlitterRose on 4 September, 2020, 20:53
It's weird, bizarre, and offbeat.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 20:56
Snakes are everywhere. Granted, the drop bears are quieter under lockdown.
Comment icon #25 Posted by GlitterRose on 4 September, 2020, 20:58
Lol. I guess they would be. Still, I don't think it's every day that someone has huge snakes drop from their ceiling. Maybe more often in Australia.
Comment icon #26 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 21:22
Not when you live next to a creek in Western NSW,they are in my house yard daily.They have driven me out and I'm moving next month.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 21:23
No mice though
Comment icon #28 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 21:27
I saw one rat when I moved here 3 years ago,not seen a mouse or rat since then.When you have chickens in the bush that's pretty strange.
Comment icon #29 Posted by South Alabam on 5 September, 2020, 5:24
Those carpet snakes probably saw the carpet and came crashing down where they belonged.

282021

117-year-old becomes third-oldest person ever
9-21-2020
Kane Tanaka - the oldest person in Japan - has reached a grand old age despite a penchant for fizzy drinks.
Pentagon has a zombie outbreak defense plan
9-21-2020
It turns out that there is a genuine plan in place to defend the United States in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
'Venus is a Russian planet' claims space chief
9-20-2020
Dmitry Rogozin made the rather bizarre claim while speaking to reporters at an exhibition last week.
32-year-old man looks like a 14-year-old boy
9-20-2020
Denis Vashurin is something of an online celebrity in Russia thanks to his bafflingly youthful appearance.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball