Thursday, December 3, 2020
  Bizarre

Two giant snakes crash through man's ceiling

Posted on Thursday, 3 September, 2020 | Comment icon 29 comments

Snakes are more common in Australia at this time of year. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Oliver Neuman
Retiree David Tait, who lives near Brisbane, Australia, played host to two unexpected visitors on Monday.
It sounds like the stuff of nightmares, but for David Tait this week, this nightmare scenario became a stark reality when two massive carpet snakes, which had been presumably fighting over a female, came tumbling onto his kitchen floor through a large hole in the ceiling.

According to snake catcher Steven Brown, the two serpents, which measured 2.8m and 2.5m long, were among the largest he had seen in the region.

Fortunately both were successfully captured and taken to a nearby forest to be released, however no female snake was found, suggesting that it may still be loose in the house somewhere.
"We have a lot of bush around here so you do see snakes," said Tait.

"But I'd never seen snakes of that size."

For Brown, this time of the year is particular busy for snake catchers in Australia and with the coronavirus pandemic as well, more people than ever have been finding snakes at home.

"Because people are at home and they're not out and about... we've got a perfect storm where people will see more snakes," he said.

Source: The Guardian | Comments (29)

Tags: Snake, Australia

Comment icon #20 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 9:52
Yeah, that's why I was asking.  I found a video of a wombat attacking a human - funny stuff.
Comment icon #21 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 13:11
I wouldn't like to get bitten by one,I was thinking they were one of our nice species,lol.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 20:47
I never said any of the the species are cute and cuddly. I said mostly well mannered. Snake encounters are rare.  You're more likely to see their food than them.
Comment icon #23 Posted by GlitterRose on 4 September, 2020, 20:53
It's weird, bizarre, and offbeat.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 20:56
Snakes are everywhere. Granted, the drop bears are quieter under lockdown.
Comment icon #25 Posted by GlitterRose on 4 September, 2020, 20:58
Lol. I guess they would be. Still, I don't think it's every day that someone has huge snakes drop from their ceiling. Maybe more often in Australia.
Comment icon #26 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 21:22
Not when you live next to a creek in Western NSW,they are in my house yard daily.They have driven me out and I'm moving next month.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Golden Duck on 4 September, 2020, 21:23
No mice though
Comment icon #28 Posted by openozy on 4 September, 2020, 21:27
I saw one rat when I moved here 3 years ago,not seen a mouse or rat since then.When you have chickens in the bush that's pretty strange.
Comment icon #29 Posted by South Alabam on 5 September, 2020, 5:24
Those carpet snakes probably saw the carpet and came crashing down where they belonged.

A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball