Monday, September 23, 2019

Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

Posted on Wednesday, 16 May, 2018 | Comment icon 80 comments

Did the couple really encounter a Bigfoot ? Image Credit: (PD)
The report is one of several dozen to have arisen in the northeastern US state over the last few decades.
The incident, which occurred in Pine Barrens, involved a woman named Tricia who had been driving through a densely wooded region with her husband back on April 7th.

According to the report she submitted to the Bigfoot Field Research Organization, she saw a large bipedal creature bound on to the road before quickly disappearing again in to the trees nearby.

"I am driving and in a split second I saw something brown on 2 legs and about 6 feet tall sprint behind the car in the area we were just in," she wrote. "I caught it in my rear view mirror."

"I stopped the car and husband told me to go in reverse. As we approached the area he thought he heard branches snapping and a splash into the water."

A local news report detailing the sighting can be viewed below.

The original BFRO report can also be viewed - here.

Source: CBS Local | Comments (80)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #71 Posted by Podo on 25 June, 2018, 20:33
Dang, that's hardcore. I've never heard of this, and after checking my province's government, it doesn't seem like we have that sickness here, it's mainly east of the plains. Though "Canadian Wildlife" isn't nearly as interesting as you'd think. It's just a bunch of lazy predators, followed by the three varieties of deer-type-things: scared ones (white-tailed), angry ones (elk), and aggressively angry ones (moose). I do a lot of backpacking and wilderness camping, and I would run way harder from a moose than from a bear, cougar, or wolf.
Comment icon #72 Posted by stereologist on 25 June, 2018, 20:38
Moose are scary. The park has musk ox, wolverine, mink, polar bears, wolves, caribou, brown bears too. It's a great place. If you go there take the last car of the cages. The alpha musk ox used to ram it and knock people silly. Great show. Ther eis a multimedia show before you enter the zoo. It snows in the theater during the winter scenes.
Comment icon #73 Posted by Podo on 25 June, 2018, 20:40
Oh yeah, I guess we do have polar bear, don't we? I'm fairly inexperienced with east/north coast wildlife, I'm resoundingly locked to the western rainforests and the northern rockies. I'd totally go into a cage and get hammered by an ox, what a ride! Unfortunately I don't know any French so going to Quebec is not high on the priority list
Comment icon #74 Posted by stereologist on 25 June, 2018, 20:48
I want to visit Churchill Manitoba and sit in a cage to watch the polar bears migrate through town. I should add that there are no bigfoot or bigfoot actors at this zoo. They limit their entertainment to known land mammals.
Comment icon #75 Posted by Trelane on 10 July, 2018, 23:30
***Update*** I just spent two weeks camping west of Sullivan Mountain in Washington. Still no big scary ape-men. Not a sound, scream, howl, footprint or encounter. Nothing, nothing at all.
Comment icon #76 Posted by stereologist on 11 July, 2018, 1:08
Maybe you forgot to use this item http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4888014/North-Carolina-woman-invents-SPRAY-attract-Bigfoot.html
Comment icon #77 Posted by Piney on 11 July, 2018, 1:08
Don't bother looking. It's 35 years I won't get back.
Comment icon #78 Posted by The Caspian Hare on 11 July, 2018, 19:02
Comment icon #79 Posted by Tatetopa on 15 July, 2018, 3:35
Sorry buddy, they can't be everywhere all the time you know.   Most of them i hear were at the BGSA ( Big Galoots Society of America with thanks to Gary Larson) convention in Teaneck.
Comment icon #80 Posted by Trelane on 15 July, 2018, 5:16
I figured where I was at was remote enough that I might find or hear something.  My brother and I joked about it on our fifth night out. We heard pretty much everything but the Foot of Big. Should have known better, totally forgot about NJ. Thanks Trump lol!

Revisited: the man who 'shot two Bigfoots'
9-23-2019
A reality TV Bigfoot hunter made headlines a few years back after claiming to have killed two of the creatures.
Mystery surrounds orange wristband deaths
9-22-2019
Authorities in Pittsburgh are investigating a series of incidents involving people wearing orange wristbands.
'Wearable chair' lets you sit down anywhere
9-22-2019
Known as LEX, this bizarre new wearable invention has been described as 'an extension of your body.'
Attenborough: 'of course Nessie is a hoax'
9-22-2019
The legendary naturalist recently made his feelings about the famous monster very clear in a handwritten note.
Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ

Orb of light woke me up
9-17-2019 | Virginia

A poltergeist eye witness
9-1-2019 | Iran, Kermanshah

A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates