Friday, May 25, 2018

Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

Posted on Wednesday, 16 May, 2018 | Comment icon 36 comments

Did the couple really encounter a Bigfoot ? Image Credit: (PD)
The report is one of several dozen to have arisen in the northeastern US state over the last few decades.
The incident, which occurred in Pine Barrens, involved a woman named Tricia who had been driving through a densely wooded region with her husband back on April 7th.

According to the report she submitted to the Bigfoot Field Research Organization, she saw a large bipedal creature bound on to the road before quickly disappearing again in to the trees nearby.

"I am driving and in a split second I saw something brown on 2 legs and about 6 feet tall sprint behind the car in the area we were just in," she wrote. "I caught it in my rear view mirror."

"I stopped the car and husband told me to go in reverse. As we approached the area he thought he heard branches snapping and a splash into the water."

A local news report detailing the sighting can be viewed below.

The original BFRO report can also be viewed - here.

Source: CBS Local | Comments (36)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #27 Posted by Faustus on 21 May, 2018, 22:38
This is actually a really good way to get shot. There are guys out in ghillie suits with sniper rifles trying to bag one, so you hoax at your own risk these days. I've always thought how stupid some these hoaxers must be. If they only knew some of the people I know....serious hunters that are trying to put a specimen on the table they would think twice. Although most of these guys have seen the real thing at least once, so they would probably recognize some idiot in a suit.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Dejarma on 21 May, 2018, 22:42
not very good shots then?
Comment icon #29 Posted by Faustus on 22 May, 2018, 3:33
Snarky and smug. I bet you would sh** your pants if I took you with me into some of these areas. Not easy to get a good shot in deciduous jungle. Piney knows how thick the bush can be I'm sure. Trying to set a good blind, and get a clear shot on something so far superior to you in their domain is almost impossible. He isin his own living room. You are completely outmatched, outwitted in every way. They travel in family groups, troops.Whatever, I'm not here to convince you of anything. It really cracks me up that many of you here have never even wandered into a forest by accident, ye... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by Piney on 22 May, 2018, 10:10
I was watching a group who had wandered into Ocean Spray property for about 2 days. I knew they were armed but I only saw one wearing a sidearm. I was more watching out for a female cougar which I didn't want to see shot or even discovered because many of the locals saw her as a "mascot". I screwed up and made some noise and about 10 rounds was thrown in my direction. I radioed the rangers who came and busted them. They found a Win. 700 mag in their truck.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Dejarma on 22 May, 2018, 15:21
how many 'experts of the forest' believe BF exists? Could you put forward a percentage? Have a guess if you want because i'd assume there hasn't been a survey...just out of interest
Comment icon #32 Posted by Trelane on 23 May, 2018, 0:09
I do not make anyclaim to be an expert. I have gone on extensivehunting/ hiking expeditions for more than 30 years though. I have had the fortuneto have been to some very remote and absolutely wonderful areas in both Canada and the U.S. Additionally, I have spent my fair time of work related "camping" domestically and abroad during my 24 year Army career. During all of those various outings I have never, ever seen or heard anything that falls under the BF umbrella of interest.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Piney on 23 May, 2018, 0:44
If you think about it. Nobody at Ft. Lewis has ever reported a Bigfoot. That says something in itself......
Comment icon #34 Posted by Trelane on 23 May, 2018, 1:18
Not during my time stationed there and not from anyone I ever knew from there.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Goddess of the Mist on 23 May, 2018, 6:46
Seen a black bear standing straight up - they are taller than people think, and probably stand up on two legs more often than people think. Something I would definitely take into account. Althought Ididsee a Yeti or something when I was a kid, so...who knows?
Comment icon #36 Posted by Piney on 23 May, 2018, 9:14
Well, if one the Gold Company guys ghosted one, they probably wouldn't of reported it. Just chalked it up as bushmeat and ate it.

New tests cast doubt on 'impossible' EmDrive
5-24-2018
Researchers in Germany may have found an explanation for the thrust produced by the controversial drive.
New fossil find prompts Pangaea split rethink
5-24-2018
A new fossil discovery has revealed that the early supercontinent split more slowly than previously believed.
Florida city sends out zombie alert message
5-23-2018
Lake Worth residents were shocked to receive an alert warning them about zombies earlier this week.
Loch Ness DNA tests to aid in hunt for Nessie
5-23-2018
Scientists are aiming to learn exactly what types of creatures are living in Scotland's enigmatic loch.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 9 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 3 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA