Sunday, August 1, 2021
  Bizarre

Raccoon climbs up skyscraper in Minnesota

Posted on Thursday, 14 June, 2018 | Comment icon 14 comments

This was one adventurous raccoon. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.5 Darkone
The fearless mammal managed to climb up the vertical outer wall of the 25-storey UBS Tower in St Paul.
News of the raccoon's exploits gripped onlookers and Internet users alike this week as it spent the better part of 20 hours scaling the outside of the building.

According to reports, it began its epic ascent after being moved from the roof of nearby office block.

"It was heartbreaking to see yesterday," said Minnesota Public Radio journalist Tim Nelson. "We couldn't imagine how this would end well for him."
The raccoon's nail-biting stunt generated a plethora of social media posts with Internet users comparing him to Guardians of the Galaxy character Rocket Raccoon.

The courageous mammal eventually did manage to make it to the roof where it was captured in a trap and later released back in to the wild far from the temptation of any future building climbs.

"They don't plan things out. They don't say, 'If I climb this building, I will be stuck.' They just do the thing and regret it later," said York University psychologist Suzanne MacDonald.

"If I were to caption it, it'd be like: 'Oh my god, I've made a terrible decision. I deeply regret this now. I shouldn't have gone up.'"

Source: The Guardian | Comments (14)

Tags: Raccoon

Comment icon #5 Posted by UFOwatcher on 14 June, 2018, 15:24
Yeah! The persistent little feller made it. I was angry when a local news source compared the raccoon to Congress neglecting saying if he/she made it. Thanks for posting the full story. 20 hours, wow.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Taun on 14 June, 2018, 15:48
Comment icon #7 Posted by MWoo7 on 14 June, 2018, 17:55
20 hours OMG! so what's that equate to for a man --- Mt. EVEREST! in a day eh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 14 June, 2018, 21:37
I honestly didn't know how a racoon could scale that building... until I took a close look at the exterior texture! It's VERY "rough", like a home "popcorn ceiling" but finer texture. Now I understand how it did not fall-off.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Hawkin on 15 June, 2018, 3:25
Comment icon #10 Posted by Seti42 on 16 June, 2018, 19:45
When asked why, the raccoon replied; "Because it is there."
Comment icon #11 Posted by Jon the frog on 17 June, 2018, 1:59
Pigeon eggs season, the Raccoon found a good stock of food up there.
Comment icon #12 Posted by and then on 17 June, 2018, 7:00
I felt bad for the little guy when I saw his face scrunched up against a window.  It looked like he really wanted IN... but couldn't figure out how to get there.
Comment icon #13 Posted by MWoo7 on 18 June, 2018, 2:42
Comment icon #14 Posted by HollyDolly on 18 June, 2018, 15:23
I thought T FIRST THIS WAS A JOKE, BUT WHEN I SAW THE VIDEO, I KNEW THEY WEREN'T LYING. tOOK A LOT OF COURAGE FOR THE LITTLE GUY TO DO THIS, THAT'S FOR SURE.

191364

Kids scream in terror as 'Bigfoot' crashes party
7-31-2021
A friendly Bigfoot was met with screams of terror when it showed up to celebrate a child's birthday recently.
Light detected from behind a black hole
7-31-2021
The unexpected discovery succeeds in proving Einstein's theory of general relativity right once again.
Evidence of life on Mars may have been erased
7-30-2021
NASA's Curiosity rover has discovered that evidence of ancient life on the Red Planet may have been scrubbed.
'Bigfoot' photographed in Bernard, Iowa
7-30-2021
A man who had been out walking captured a photograph of what he believes to be a large bipedal ape-like creature.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball