Sunday, August 7, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Modern Mysteries > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Modern Mysteries

Mystery surrounds man who woke from coma

June 26, 2018 | Comment icon 11 comments

Fisher has no idea how he ended up in hospital. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Andrew Mason
Jason Fisher spent two months in a coma after being found unconscious on the street in Hull two years ago.
The 45-year-old, who now lives in Bransholme, had awoken in a hospital bed with absolutely no memory of what had happened to land him there in the first place.

He had been found unconscious outside the Tigers Lair on Anlaby Road, Hull on January 22, 2016.

He has since been attempting to work out what happened to him.

"Apparently, I was found outside the Tigers Lair," he said. "I might have had a couple of drinks but I don't think I would have been on a big night out."
"I was on my own at the time so family and friends cannot help."

"I have no idea whether I was assaulted, fell, was hit by a car or had some kind of aneurysm. My dad thinks the trauma was too great for a fall and it does appear I was attacked."

"It is tormenting me now and I need to try and figure it out. People keep asking me about it and I just have to tell them I have no idea. I lost my phone or it was stolen so I cannot look at texts or phone calls from that time to help me."

"I just want to know what happened so I can get closure and move forward with my life."

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by Stiff 4 years ago
I know the area very well and the 'Tigers Lair' is a popular drinking hole for the Hull City (nicknamed The Tigers)football fans. Knowing the area, I'm willing to bet he was assaulted and robbed. The Anlaby road area is rife with drugs and assaults - has been since as long as I can remember (I grew upround there in the 70's). I'm with Papa though, it's not really international news. Stuff like this goes on daily in Hull unfortunately.
Comment icon #3 Posted by John Allanson 4 years ago
Mugged by aliens!
Comment icon #4 Posted by TruthandKnowledge 4 years ago
There's nothing unexplained here. Not by our standards anyways. Waking up after being beat upand mugged no doubt happens more often than documented. I'm sure that's all that happened here
Comment icon #5 Posted by Rolci 4 years ago
So what's so hard about finding a hypnotherapist in 2018? There's one around every corner. The only person not to go is the one that doesn't want to know. Where's the mystery here?
Comment icon #6 Posted by aearluin 4 years ago
I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters 4 years ago
Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions. Whatever happened to him he's still very much affected by it, I hope he can get to the bottom of it for his own sake.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Farmer77 4 years ago
You're giving doctors wayyy too much credit.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff 4 years ago
Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them) Even Betfred wouldn't give odds on this one.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Still Waters 4 years ago
I understand the point you're making but I feel you're missing mine. I know the place has a reputation, and I know it's likely he was attacked/robbed. But unless someone comesforward with info to help him or culprit(s) have been caught, then nobody can say for sure what happened, it isall speculation otherwise. It can't be anything else.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Stiff 4 years ago