Monday, July 23, 2018

Mystery surrounds man who woke from coma

Posted on Tuesday, 26 June, 2018 | Comment icon 11 comments

Fisher has no idea how he ended up in hospital. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Andrew Mason
Jason Fisher spent two months in a coma after being found unconscious on the street in Hull two years ago.
The 45-year-old, who now lives in Bransholme, had awoken in a hospital bed with absolutely no memory of what had happened to land him there in the first place.

He had been found unconscious outside the Tigers Lair on Anlaby Road, Hull on January 22, 2016.

He has since been attempting to work out what happened to him.

"Apparently, I was found outside the Tigers Lair," he said. "I might have had a couple of drinks but I don't think I would have been on a big night out."

"I was on my own at the time so family and friends cannot help."

"I have no idea whether I was assaulted, fell, was hit by a car or had some kind of aneurysm. My dad thinks the trauma was too great for a fall and it does appear I was attacked."

"It is tormenting me now and I need to try and figure it out. People keep asking me about it and I just have to tell them I have no idea. I lost my phone or it was stolen so I cannot look at texts or phone calls from that time to help me."

"I just want to know what happened so I can get closure and move forward with my life."

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (11)

Tags: Jason Fisher, Coma

Comment icon #2 Posted by Stiff on 26 June, 2018, 16:28
I know the area very well and the 'Tigers Lair' is a popular drinking hole for the Hull City (nicknamed The Tigers)football fans. Knowing the area, I'm willing to bet he was assaulted and robbed. The Anlaby road area is rife with drugs and assaults - has been since as long as I can remember (I grew upround there in the 70's). I'm with Papa though, it's not really international news. Stuff like this goes on daily in Hull unfortunately.
Comment icon #3 Posted by John Allanson on 26 June, 2018, 22:44
Mugged by aliens!
Comment icon #4 Posted by TruthandKnowledge on 26 June, 2018, 23:11
There's nothing unexplained here. Not by our standards anyways. Waking up after being beat upand mugged no doubt happens more often than documented. I'm sure that's all that happened here
Comment icon #5 Posted by Rolci on 27 June, 2018, 13:22
So what's so hard about finding a hypnotherapist in 2018? There's one around every corner. The only person not to go is the one that doesn't want to know. Where's the mystery here?
Comment icon #6 Posted by aearluin on 2 July, 2018, 8:58
I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 14:42
Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions. Whatever happened to him he's still very much affected by it, I hope he can get to the bottom of it for his own sake.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Farmer77 on 2 July, 2018, 15:01
You're giving doctors wayyy too much credit.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 15:52
Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them) Even Betfred wouldn't give odds on this one.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 20:09
I understand the point you're making but I feel you're missing mine. I know the place has a reputation, and I know it's likely he was attacked/robbed. But unless someone comesforward with info to help him or culprit(s) have been caught, then nobody can say for sure what happened, it isall speculation otherwise. It can't be anything else.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 20:16

Hidden 'Stonehenge' discovered in Ireland
7-22-2018
A Neolithic henge that had lain hidden for centuries has been revealed in Ireland thanks to a recent drought.
Giant 'dire wolf' filmed chasing dog in woods
7-22-2018
Remarkable footage has resurfaced showing a dog being pursued by a gigantic black wolf-like creature.
Neil Armstrong's collection to go up for auction
7-21-2018
A number of personal mementos Armstrong took with him to the Moon are set to go up for sale at auction.
Mystery buzzing plagues Barwell residents
7-21-2018
An aggravating background noise has been giving locals in Leicestershire sleepless nights for months.
Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA