Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Mystery surrounds man who woke from coma

Posted on Tuesday, 26 June, 2018 | Comment icon 11 comments

Fisher has no idea how he ended up in hospital. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Andrew Mason
Jason Fisher spent two months in a coma after being found unconscious on the street in Hull two years ago.
The 45-year-old, who now lives in Bransholme, had awoken in a hospital bed with absolutely no memory of what had happened to land him there in the first place.

He had been found unconscious outside the Tigers Lair on Anlaby Road, Hull on January 22, 2016.

He has since been attempting to work out what happened to him.

"Apparently, I was found outside the Tigers Lair," he said. "I might have had a couple of drinks but I don't think I would have been on a big night out."

"I was on my own at the time so family and friends cannot help."

"I have no idea whether I was assaulted, fell, was hit by a car or had some kind of aneurysm. My dad thinks the trauma was too great for a fall and it does appear I was attacked."

"It is tormenting me now and I need to try and figure it out. People keep asking me about it and I just have to tell them I have no idea. I lost my phone or it was stolen so I cannot look at texts or phone calls from that time to help me."

"I just want to know what happened so I can get closure and move forward with my life."

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (11)

Tags: Jason Fisher, Coma

Comment icon #2 Posted by Stiff on 26 June, 2018, 16:28
I know the area very well and the 'Tigers Lair' is a popular drinking hole for the Hull City (nicknamed The Tigers)football fans. Knowing the area, I'm willing to bet he was assaulted and robbed. The Anlaby road area is rife with drugs and assaults - has been since as long as I can remember (I grew upround there in the 70's). I'm with Papa though, it's not really international news. Stuff like this goes on daily in Hull unfortunately.
Comment icon #3 Posted by John Allanson on 26 June, 2018, 22:44
Mugged by aliens!
Comment icon #4 Posted by TruthandKnowledge on 26 June, 2018, 23:11
There's nothing unexplained here. Not by our standards anyways. Waking up after being beat upand mugged no doubt happens more often than documented. I'm sure that's all that happened here
Comment icon #5 Posted by Rolci on 27 June, 2018, 13:22
So what's so hard about finding a hypnotherapist in 2018? There's one around every corner. The only person not to go is the one that doesn't want to know. Where's the mystery here?
Comment icon #6 Posted by aearluin on 2 July, 2018, 8:58
I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 14:42
Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions. Whatever happened to him he's still very much affected by it, I hope he can get to the bottom of it for his own sake.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Farmer77 on 2 July, 2018, 15:01
You're giving doctors wayyy too much credit.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 15:52
Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them) Even Betfred wouldn't give odds on this one.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 20:09
I understand the point you're making but I feel you're missing mine. I know the place has a reputation, and I know it's likely he was attacked/robbed. But unless someone comesforward with info to help him or culprit(s) have been caught, then nobody can say for sure what happened, it isall speculation otherwise. It can't be anything else.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 20:16

Pupils 'decontaminated' due to mystery stink
9-25-2018
Ten people from Wairarapa primary school in New Zealand were hospitalized due to a foul smell on Friday.
Japanese cafe to be staffed by robot waiters
9-25-2018
A cafe opening in Tokyo's Akasaka district will use robots controlled wirelessly by disabled operators.
Elon Musk reveals image of 'Mars Base Alpha'
9-25-2018
The ever-ambitious entrepreneur is aiming to construct a human colony on the Red Planet by as early as 2028.
Teenager survives 49 days adrift in fishing hut
9-24-2018
19-year-old Aldi Novel Adilang ended up lost at sea after a floating hut he had been working in drifted away.
Treadmill fall in slow motion
Posted 9-17-2018 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return with another bizarre slow-motion experiment.

Tricking your ears
Posted 9-9-2018 | 0 comments
A look at some intriguing audio illusions and at how the brain interprets sound.

The science of music
Posted 9-5-2018 | 0 comments
A look at why our brains become so hooked on particularly catchy songs.

Swimming with lemon sharks
Posted 8-28-2018 | 1 comment
Steve Backshall gets up close to a group of deadly lemon sharks.

Cousins explained
Posted 8-24-2018 | 4 comments
Exactly what is a third cousin twice removed ? Michael unravels the mystery.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas