Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mystery surrounds man who woke from coma

Posted on Tuesday, 26 June, 2018 | Comment icon 11 comments

Fisher has no idea how he ended up in hospital. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Andrew Mason
Jason Fisher spent two months in a coma after being found unconscious on the street in Hull two years ago.
The 45-year-old, who now lives in Bransholme, had awoken in a hospital bed with absolutely no memory of what had happened to land him there in the first place.

He had been found unconscious outside the Tigers Lair on Anlaby Road, Hull on January 22, 2016.

He has since been attempting to work out what happened to him.

"Apparently, I was found outside the Tigers Lair," he said. "I might have had a couple of drinks but I don't think I would have been on a big night out."

"I was on my own at the time so family and friends cannot help."

"I have no idea whether I was assaulted, fell, was hit by a car or had some kind of aneurysm. My dad thinks the trauma was too great for a fall and it does appear I was attacked."

"It is tormenting me now and I need to try and figure it out. People keep asking me about it and I just have to tell them I have no idea. I lost my phone or it was stolen so I cannot look at texts or phone calls from that time to help me."

"I just want to know what happened so I can get closure and move forward with my life."

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (11)

Tags: Jason Fisher, Coma

Comment icon #2 Posted by Stiff on 26 June, 2018, 16:28
I know the area very well and the 'Tigers Lair' is a popular drinking hole for the Hull City (nicknamed The Tigers) football fans. Knowing the area, I'm willing to bet he was assaulted and robbed. The Anlaby road area is rife with drugs and assaults - has been since as long as I can remember (I grew up round there in the 70's). I'm with Papa though, it's not really international news. Stuff like this goes on daily in Hull unfortunately.
Comment icon #3 Posted by John Allanson on 26 June, 2018, 22:44
Mugged by aliens!
Comment icon #4 Posted by TruthandKnowledge on 26 June, 2018, 23:11
There's nothing unexplained here. Not by our standards anyways. Waking up after being beat up and mugged no doubt happens more often than documented. I'm sure that's all that happened here
Comment icon #5 Posted by Rolci on 27 June, 2018, 13:22
So what's so hard about finding a hypnotherapist in 2018? There's one around every corner. The only person not to go is the one that doesn't want to know. Where's the mystery here?
Comment icon #6 Posted by aearluin on 2 July, 2018, 8:58
I don't see what is mysterious about a guy being passed out outside a pub in a shady part of town... The doctors must know what caused the coma which should help narrow down what may have happened.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 14:42
Until the cause of what happened to him has been found, it is and will remain a mystery. Everything else is just guess work and assumptions. Whatever happened to him he's still very much affected by it, I hope he can get to the bottom of it for his own sake.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Farmer77 on 2 July, 2018, 15:01
You're giving doctors wayyy too much credit.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 15:52
Indeed. But here's an example of what that area is like. (Anlaby road runs onto Carr Lane and Paragon street dissects them) Even Betfred wouldn't give odds on this one.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Still Waters on 2 July, 2018, 20:09
I understand the point you're making but I feel you're missing mine. I know the place has a reputation, and I know it's likely he was attacked/robbed. But unless someone comes forward with info to help him or culprit(s) have been caught, then nobody can say for sure what happened, it is all speculation otherwise. It can't be anything else.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Stiff on 2 July, 2018, 20:16

Why do Egyptian statues have missing noses ?
3-19-2019
Tomb robbers may have deliberately defaced statues and artwork to prevent spirits from seeking revenge.
The human body may have a magnetic sense
3-18-2019
Scientists now believe that humans, like birds, may be able to sense the Earth's magnetic field.
Huge fireball exploded in Earth's atmosphere
3-18-2019
The blast, which occurred in December over the Bering Sea, went largely unnoticed due to its remote location.
Woman sues after being sucked into a grave
3-18-2019
Joanne Cullen had been visiting her parents' grave in Long Island when the ground swallowed her up.
Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 0 comments
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Why do blind people wear sunglasses ?
Posted 2-19-2019 | 2 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why blind people are often seen wearing sunglasses, even indoors.

How will humans evolve ?
Posted 2-12-2019 | 2 comments
What's next for our species - what will a human of the future be like ?

Winter solstice hooded figures