Monday, December 10, 2018

Cigar-shaped UFO filmed near Fort Worth, Texas

Posted on Monday, 3 December, 2018 | Comment icon 61 comments

Could this be a blimp, a weather balloon, or something else ? Image Credit: YouTube / TexasUFOs
Footage has emerged of a mysterious white object that hovered silently in the sky over Keller for 20 minutes.
According to reports, the object was seen by multiple witnesses on November 18th of this year.

"It was the oddest thing I've ever seen," said one witness. "I watched it for about 20 minutes."

"It didn't move. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the sky stay that still before, not even for a few seconds, let alone 20 minutes."

While some Internet users have suggested that the object could have been a blimp, UFO researcher Jane Kyle was unable to find any record of a scheduled blimp appearance over the area on that day.

As things stand, a definitive explanation for the sighting continues to remain elusive.

The UFO footage itself can be viewed in the video below ( starts at 00:35 ).

Source: Houston Chronicle | Comments (61)

Tags: Texas, UFO

Comment icon #52 Posted by Calibeliever on 5 December, 2018, 16:14
Will stay tuned. Like I said above, it's relatively busy airspace around Ft Worth. It's interesting to think something could hover there for 20 minutes and go unnoticed because of traffic into Alliance and Meacham. Cool story though, will wait to see what they find out.
Comment icon #53 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 5 December, 2018, 16:20
Cali, saying  "no one else noticed" is not the same as "No one else went to the media". I'm sure many folks saw it. It's just too big not to be the case. And after all, it might just be a blimp.
Comment icon #54 Posted by Calibeliever on 5 December, 2018, 16:25
To be sure, yes. I meant more along the lines of sending one of those F18s I see flying around there daily to go and investigate  . I don't know, maybe.
Comment icon #55 Posted by L.A.T.1961 on 5 December, 2018, 19:58
The object does appear to move slightly. Two frames from the video, taken 26 sec apart, show a movement from left to right and also a small drop in height. I have inverted one frame and overlaid it onto the other to highlight the difference.   Difficult to draw any real conclusions from the video and easer to say what its not. It appears to be shot outside, listening to the soundtrack, which would rule out internal reflections on windows. Its appearance stays the same even though it moves. Atmospheric effects I have seen, like sundogs, look less well defined with softer edges than this and so ... [More]
Comment icon #56 Posted by Essan on 5 December, 2018, 20:48
Its not a sundog or any other similar atmospheric effect,   As I said before, it has every appearance of being a contrail lit by the setting Sun.  But without better pictures its impossible to say for more.  It certainly cannot be discounted as such. If it were an (unknown) aircraft it would obviously appear on radar (as well as being visible from local air bases).
Comment icon #57 Posted by Timothy on 5 December, 2018, 20:49
I’m not harassing you. But from our interactions, I can see how you would think I am. Sorry about your level of comprehension. It would obviously be better to have the full length original unedited footage.  Then we can work out if what we’re seeing moves with the setting sun, draw other conclusions etc.  Has anyone else come forward with footage?  @L.A.T.1961, you would expect movement in conjunction with the sun setting. We need the full video.
Comment icon #58 Posted by L.A.T.1961 on 5 December, 2018, 21:19
I think this is the full video, the witness apparently observed it for about 20 min but only shot a short video.  There is a similar one here -
Comment icon #59 Posted by Timothy on 5 December, 2018, 21:55
@L.A.T.1961, thanks for that.  I assumed there was a longer video. Sad days.  Well, if this is all we have. I might bow out of the discussion for now.
Comment icon #60 Posted by seanjo on 7 December, 2018, 4:17
Interesting, the tree branches never seem to move, could be a calm day I suppose, the oblongs are on top of a building, if that's what you mean. So A/C?
Comment icon #61 Posted by seanjo on 7 December, 2018, 4:21
Going by the second vid I'd go with Sun's reflection.

1,000mph supersonic car project has been axed
12-9-2018
The highly ambitious Bloodhound SSC has now gone up for sale following a spate of financial difficulties.
'Giant squirrel' claim turns out to be a mistake
12-9-2018
A photograph of an eastern fox squirrel alleged to be a whopping 2ft tall has been raising eyebrows recently.
Eerie lights spotted over North Carolina coast
12-9-2018
An Outer Banks fisherman recently captured footage of some mysterious lights hovering over the ocean.
'Swamp monster' mystery solved in Florida
12-8-2018
A mysterious salamander known as the leopard eel has finally been formally recognized as a new species.
Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York