Monday, November 11, 2019

Robbie Williams song was inspired by ghosts

Posted on Wednesday, 22 May, 2019 | Comment icon 8 comments

Williams claims that the song was about actual angels. Image Credit: CC BY-2.0 vagueonthehow
The British singer has claimed that his hit song 'Angels' was inspired by his childhood paranormal experiences.
Williams, who found fame as a member of the 90s band 'Take That', has held a life-long interest in UFOs and the paranormal and has often spoken out about his own experiences.

Most recently, it has emerged that the best-selling singer based one of his most successful songs - Angels - on his experiences with paranormal entities when he was a child.

In an interview with The Sun, Williams described being connected to "something unseen" and joked that he had "freaked his father out" as a toddler by talking to things that weren't there.

"There hasn't been a moment of my life when I haven't been aware of the presence of something unseen," he said. "The very first song I wrote was Angels and it's about actual angels."
"People think it's about my mum or think it's about somebody I loved, but it's actually about angels."

Williams also credits his success in music to his spiritual experiences.

"I had lucid dreams," he said. "There's been UFOs, one close enough I could throw a tennis ball. I used to call them ghosts but I don't anymore as I don't know what they are."

"If it wasn't for my belief or semi-belief or trying to understand what it is I see and feel every now and again I wouldn't be where I am."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (8)

Tags: Robbie Williams, Ghosts

Comment icon #1 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 17:15
By ghosts? Good for him. Let me help you with that one Robbie:
Comment icon #2 Posted by sci-nerd on 22 May, 2019, 18:42
Doesn't make it less cheesy.
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 18:52
Robbie is not impressed by your comment
Comment icon #4 Posted by Dynamo X on 22 May, 2019, 19:05
He didn't write angels he acquired it from an Irish songwriter and subsequently had a hit with it. He paid the songwriter, Ray Heffernan, ?7500 for the rights to the song, a mistake that Heffernan regretted afterwards.
Comment icon #5 Posted by sci-nerd on 22 May, 2019, 20:56
That's not the whole story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_(Robbie_Williams_song)#Writers The song that Heffernan wrote and the final version are not the same. Heffernan may have regretted selling it, but he came to terms with it, so he's not still walking around with a grudge. But, and not least, I think we can determine, that the song had absolutely nothing to do with ghosts.
Comment icon #6 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 21:12
Heffernan got paid for his side of the rights,  And this frim Hefferman, he was lucky to get that much really as it was rewritten.
Comment icon #7 Posted by the13bats on 22 May, 2019, 21:37
as a person who had an alternative nightclub that played a lot of goth music may i have a nickle for every song i know inspired by spookies?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Black Red Devil on 7 June, 2019, 4:27
A good advertising stunt if you ask me.  With all the gullible fools in the world probably a successful one too.

BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
Video of a fish with a human-like face goes viral
11-11-2019
Unnerving footage of a carp with distinctly human-like facial features has recently emerged on social media.
Geneticists propose human/tardigrade hybrids
11-11-2019
Combining tardigrade DNA with our own could one day improve our ability to survive for long periods in space.
Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
11-10-2019
This spectacular celestial event, which only happens a few times per century, will be visible for 5.5 hours.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia