Sunday, January 24, 2021

Robbie Williams song was inspired by ghosts

Posted on Wednesday, 22 May, 2019 | Comment icon 8 comments

Williams claims that the song was about actual angels. Image Credit: CC BY-2.0 vagueonthehow
The British singer has claimed that his hit song 'Angels' was inspired by his childhood paranormal experiences.
Williams, who found fame as a member of the 90s band 'Take That', has held a life-long interest in UFOs and the paranormal and has often spoken out about his own experiences.

Most recently, it has emerged that the best-selling singer based one of his most successful songs - Angels - on his experiences with paranormal entities when he was a child.

In an interview with The Sun, Williams described being connected to "something unseen" and joked that he had "freaked his father out" as a toddler by talking to things that weren't there.

"There hasn't been a moment of my life when I haven't been aware of the presence of something unseen," he said. "The very first song I wrote was Angels and it's about actual angels."
"People think it's about my mum or think it's about somebody I loved, but it's actually about angels."

Williams also credits his success in music to his spiritual experiences.

"I had lucid dreams," he said. "There's been UFOs, one close enough I could throw a tennis ball. I used to call them ghosts but I don't anymore as I don't know what they are."

"If it wasn't for my belief or semi-belief or trying to understand what it is I see and feel every now and again I wouldn't be where I am."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (8)

Tags: Robbie Williams, Ghosts

Comment icon #1 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 17:15
By ghosts? Good for him. Let me help you with that one Robbie:
Comment icon #2 Posted by sci-nerd on 22 May, 2019, 18:42
Doesn't make it less cheesy.
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 18:52
Robbie is not impressed by your comment
Comment icon #4 Posted by Dynamo X on 22 May, 2019, 19:05
He didn't write angels he acquired it from an Irish songwriter and subsequently had a hit with it. He paid the songwriter, Ray Heffernan, ?7500 for the rights to the song, a mistake that Heffernan regretted afterwards.
Comment icon #5 Posted by sci-nerd on 22 May, 2019, 20:56
That's not the whole story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_(Robbie_Williams_song)#Writers The song that Heffernan wrote and the final version are not the same. Heffernan may have regretted selling it, but he came to terms with it, so he's not still walking around with a grudge. But, and not least, I think we can determine, that the song had absolutely nothing to do with ghosts.
Comment icon #6 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2019, 21:12
Heffernan got paid for his side of the rights,  And this frim Hefferman, he was lucky to get that much really as it was rewritten.
Comment icon #7 Posted by the13bats on 22 May, 2019, 21:37
as a person who had an alternative nightclub that played a lot of goth music may i have a nickle for every song i know inspired by spookies?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Black Red Devil on 7 June, 2019, 4:27
A good advertising stunt if you ask me.  With all the gullible fools in the world probably a successful one too.

Quarter of all bee species missing since 1990s
1-23-2021
A new study has revealed that 25% of all known bee species have not been seen in as much as 30 years.
Sri Lankan minister drinks 'magic potion'
1-23-2021
A politician who consumed a potion said to ward off coronavirus has since tested positive for the disease.
Bill aims to establish 'Bigfoot hunting season'
1-22-2021
An Oklahoma lawmaker is hoping to establish an official hunting season in the state for the enigmatic cryptid.
Bigelow offers $1M for proof of life after death
1-22-2021
Entrepreneur Robert Bigelow is offering a $1M prize pot for the most compelling evidence of an afterlife.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball