Saturday, February 22, 2020

Mysterious screams plague couple in Wales

Posted on Sunday, 30 June, 2019 | Comment icon 33 comments

What is going on beneath Alan and Christine's house ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Alan and Christine Tait have recorded hundreds of hours of strange and unsettling sounds beneath their home.
The couple first became aware of the sounds back in June 2018 when, upon entering the kitchen to make coffee one evening, Christine thought she could hear something strange.

"It was like a flushing noise that I heard first," she said. "I told Alan about it and that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. He left his phone in the bathroom with the recorder on to try to pick up the source of the noise, and then we could hear a machine running."

"We started to record all over the house, and we picked up the sounds of chains, a motorbike starting, and people screaming."

Over the next few months, the couple recorded hundreds of hours of unexplained and sometimes disturbing sounds seemingly coming from somewhere underneath their property.

The enigma has spooked them so much that they now spend their time touring around the country attempting to raise awareness and looking for answers.
"All I really want is an explanation," said Alan. "Why are there people screaming?"

The couple's current theory is that there are people living and working in rooms or tunnels below the house, possibly in relation to drug manufacturing or human trafficking.

So far however the police have found no evidence of wrongdoing at the property.

"We want as many people as possible to know about this so that the police are urged to carry out a more thorough investigation," said Alan.

"We don't want to go back until the matter has been resolved."

You can hear some of the recordings about half way down the page - here.

Source: Wales Online | Comments (33)

Tags: Sounds

Comment icon #24 Posted by moonman on 2 July, 2019, 14:02
Like others in this thread with functioning brains, all I hear is normal city noise. Sewer system is carrying the sounds. Leaving your house because of that is completely stupid. These people are either dumb as rocks, trying to get out of the lease or they are trying to make money off it somehow. After reading the full article, I vote "dumb as rocks".
Comment icon #25 Posted by Calibeliever on 2 July, 2019, 17:33
From under the house? If I was investigating the first thing I'd check for is pipes or anything that could conduct noise from a distance. That's a pretty wide array of noises for a 'haunting'. I have never personally heard of a ghost starting a motorcycle, but there's always a first time, I guess.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Impedancer on 2 July, 2019, 17:40
It's just me....i like to howl at night.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Bendy Demon on 2 July, 2019, 22:47
I have not heard anything out of the ordinary in the recordings.  Traffic noises, kids shrieking, plumbing sounds, possible construction noises from above/below/ etc AND I am fairly certain I might have heard a bullfrog maybe...nothing unusual.
Comment icon #28 Posted by HollyDolly on 9 July, 2019, 18:45
That's what I was thinking.If there are other buildings around, and shops,restaurants etc, wouldn't these people also hear such noises at their businesses? Unless you have people living in the sewers, or Sweeny Todd doing his thing there, I think it's just regular noise.
Comment icon #29 Posted by the13bats on 10 July, 2019, 0:52
i could post a pic of my cat in the litter box and papa would give it 65% likely paranormal
Comment icon #30 Posted by moonman on 10 July, 2019, 17:05
Very true. He'll also say it probably teleported to the box.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 10 July, 2019, 20:30
LOLOLOLLOL!!   I know, Emma, you're a perfectly warm internet personality
Comment icon #32 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 10 July, 2019, 20:35
Well, ya, but the point is, where are the noises coming from? If a perfectly normal voice started speaking to you in your own kitchen but no one was there, would you still call it a nothing out of the ordinary? I'd be scared witless, myself.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 10 July, 2019, 20:38
It seems to me that in order to disprove spoofing, they need to have independent people come in and listen for themselves. How they could do that, I don't know.  But I also wonder if the have a "GoFundMe" page set up too

MIT develops asteroid strike 'decision map'
2-22-2020
Scientists have come up with a way to decide upon the best response to an incoming apocalyptic asteroid.
Pole vaulter snags groin in eye-watering video
2-22-2020
A young pole vaulter recently suffered a wince-inducing injury after a freak accident during one of his jumps.
Haunted Michigan town 'was like living in hell'
2-22-2020
A new TV series will explore cases of entire towns that have been incessantly plagued by paranormal activity.
Mystery message spooks smartphone owners
2-21-2020
Samsung Galaxy owners were left puzzled when a strange message was sent out during the night.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan