Tuesday, July 14, 2020

'Unseen force' knocks down shelf in tavern

Posted on Tuesday, 2 July, 2019 | Comment icon 24 comments

Something strange is happening at the Shambles Tavern. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Malcolmxl5
Footage has emerged this week of an alleged 'poltergeist' causing havoc in a historic pub in England.
The video, which was filmed in Ye Old Shambles Tavern in York, shows supervisor Luke Smithson working at the bar when a stack of boxes and other items suddenly come flying off a nearby shelf.

The incident happened at 7.20am on Monday July 1st.
"I was just about to do my second line clean," said Smithson. "I walked around the bar and suddenly everything just flew from the shelves. All the boxes flew all over the bar. A couple of glasses came off as well. There was proper force behind it - even the speaker on the top shelf was knocked down."

The building itself is no stranger to paranormal occurrences with staff members previously reporting the sound of mysterious disembodied footsteps echoing in its rooms after closing time.

Whether something otherworldly accounts for this particular occurrence however remains unclear.

Source: York Mix | Comments (24)

Tags: Ghost, Poltergeist

Comment icon #15 Posted by pallidin on 3 July, 2019, 20:00
Well, I can tell you guy's with an absolute FACT that when I upset my wife, there are things flyin' all-over...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Alchopwn on 4 July, 2019, 10:21
Ye Olde Shambles Tavern hardly inspires a high degree of trust in the building standards.  They say only one shelf fell down?  So far, so lucky.
Comment icon #17 Posted by pixiii on 8 July, 2019, 12:19
I completely agree.  My first thought was, wow, someone is up high filming this?  Then all of a sudden (off camera angle) a bunch of boxes fly down.  I feel quite skeptical of this video and think it's perhaps staged.
Comment icon #18 Posted by LightAngel on 8 July, 2019, 12:49
  I wasn't there, so I can't be 100% sure what happened! Anyway. I once helped my Mom in her shop............. doors, etc. closed by themselves, and there was no rational explanation since all the windows were closed, etc. Nobody will believe anything before they have a "strange" experience themselves.
Comment icon #19 Posted by the13bats on 8 July, 2019, 21:51
yes but strange, odd, unusual doesnt make for me a jump to paranormal , supernatural, otherworldly, we never met the seller of this fixer upper house my info is from realtor and many neighbors even her ex, she was convinced it was haunted, countless reasons, one was several doors even locked ones would open and close at will sometimes being watched, cool huh? i didnt buy it but i was wrong. so the basement door, at the moment only the outside basement door works, the lady was so scared she had an expensive albeit cool looking second metal gate door added which i left open being lazy, i noticed... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by LightAngel on 9 July, 2019, 3:27
  Me neither - I always look for a rational explanation! More things happened than just doors closing by themselves, etc. But I'm too private to share that information in here.
Comment icon #21 Posted by the13bats on 9 July, 2019, 3:34
well, its like ive been saying a lot on here lately "belief" is fine but without proof im not on board that its fact.
Comment icon #22 Posted by ScotDeerie on 14 July, 2019, 11:11
Truly. I'd be MUCH more impressed if the poltergeist knocked the shelf upward and dented the ceiling with it. Anything that involves the assistance of Mean Mr. Gravity isn't all that mysterious, IMO.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Jr 1 on 26 September, 2019, 23:43
The giveaway that it's fake is there was no reaction. He hardly flinched
Comment icon #24 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 28 September, 2019, 23:57
Unknown force also known as gravity.

Four mystery objects spotted far out in space
7-13-2020
Astronomers have discovered a number of peculiar ring-shaped 'islands' unlike anything ever seen before.
Speeding truck driver was 'attacked by snake'
7-13-2020
A man who was stopped for speeding in Australia had a rather unique excuse for why he was going so fast.
Video footage of peculiar 'lizard' goes viral
7-12-2020
A short clip of a very strange looking lizard-like creature has left social media users scratching their heads.
'Alien-like' life form discovered on sea floor
7-12-2020
Scientists have photographed a very peculiar life form in a region referred to as the 'Forest of the Weird'.

Grim reaper-like visitation