Friday, December 13, 2019

Man spends five days sitting on a toilet

Posted on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019 | Comment icon 12 comments

Can you beat De Frenne's record ? Would you even want to ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Eager to earn his place in the Guinness Book of Records, one Belgian man sat on a toilet for 116 hours.
When it comes to setting world records, most people would prefer to aim for something prestigious, but as is often the case, the easiest records to achieve also tend to be some of the most ridiculous.

Enter Jimmy De Frenne - a 48-year-old from Belgium who recently managed to set an unofficial record by sitting on a toilet for an insane 116 hours, which is the equivalent of about 5 days.

The 'throne', which wasn't actually plumbed in to anything, was situated in the main room of a bar in Ostend where patrons could drop in during the day to observe his record attempt.

During the stunt he was only permitted a 5-minute break every hour to stand up and stretch.
"Self-mockery is the best humor there is," he said. "Why am I doing this? Why not? There is nothing I like more than people making fun of me, because then I can do the same with them."

While De Frenne had originally intended to spend 165 hours on the toilet, he ultimately had to admit defeat early due to the discomfort of remaining seated for so long.

"I was very tired and my legs hurt," he said.

Efforts are now underway to have his achievement officially recognized by Guinness.

Source: UPI.com | Comments (12)

Tags: Toilet, Guinness World Records

Comment icon #3 Posted by aniknonymous on 16 July, 2019, 16:32
i don't get what's the point of it tho... it's a shity record to hold, pun intended.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 16 July, 2019, 16:42
Well that's some record.
Comment icon #5 Posted by The Wistman on 16 July, 2019, 16:50
I happened to be in the Emergency Room at Fort Lauderdale with a friend who'd busted his wrist while rollerblading when the norovirus infected passengers from one of the Carnival Cruise lines were being wheeled in, now nearly two decades ago it seems.  Those people were suffering, like you did.  Horrible. I don't see the point of winning such a place in the GBoR...seems a waste of time and rather grossly debasing.  Like those people who go on the Jerry Springer show or Steve Wilcos and trash themselves in front of millions of viewers, just to be on TV.
Comment icon #6 Posted by AllPossible on 16 July, 2019, 17:23
Irony I got mine in Fort Lauderdale that's hilarious, not at the time though. I never went to the ER but I should of lol.Ya kind of a weird thing to be proud of as a record. I guess anything can be put into the GBoR
Comment icon #7 Posted by the13bats on 16 July, 2019, 18:03
i always viewed the accepted breaks as a cop out
Comment icon #8 Posted by God Lover on 16 July, 2019, 18:18
Wiw
Comment icon #9 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 20 July, 2019, 16:59
I bet he got some major chafing. Btw how did he wash himself? surely he had to clean himself.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Raina on 22 July, 2019, 16:40
Not a record.  Woman spent 2 years stuck to toilet seat.  Her skin actually grew around it. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23595533/ns/health-health_care/t/woman-sits-boyfriends-toilet-years/#.XTXlb3t7lPY
Comment icon #11 Posted by Mystify on 23 July, 2019, 19:03
Imagine the hemoroids
Comment icon #12 Posted by jesspy on 24 July, 2019, 1:16
The next record should be going five days without using the toilet.

Giant telescope to join the search for alien life
12-13-2019
The world's largest filled-aperture radio telescope is about to start operating after several years of testing.
Deepest point on continental Earth discovered
12-13-2019
Scientists have identified an enormous land-based canyon that descends 11,500ft beneath sea level.
Cave painting depicts world's oldest cryptid
12-13-2019
A cave painting dating back 44,000 years shows the earliest known depiction of a supernatural creature.
Pigeons spotted wearing tiny cowboy hats
12-12-2019
Efforts are underway to track down who is responsible for affixing small hats to the heads of pigeons in Las Vegas.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia