Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Students made to wear boxes during an exam

Posted on Monday, 2 September, 2019 | Comment icon 13 comments

Is this really the best way to stop cheating during an exam ? Image Credit: Facebook
A school in Mexico has come under fire after a teacher made the students wear boxes in a bid to deter cheating.
Campus director Luis Juarez Texis of the College of Bachelors in the Mexican state of Tlaxcala has been accused of 'humiliating' his students and violating their basic human rights by making them put cardboard boxes on their heads to prevent them from looking at each other's papers.

A photograph of the class later went viral after some of the parents shared it on social media.

"We denounce these acts of humiliation, physical, emotional and psychological violence, to which the students of Campus 01 El Sabinal, Tlaxcala, are subjected," they wrote.
"As parents concerned about the academic training of our children, we beg the federal and state educational authorities and institutions that ensure the rights of young people to act immediately."

The incident echoes a similar case in Thailand in 2013 when students were forced to wear special "anti-cheating" helmets made out of sheets of paper.

Despite the parents' outrage however, many social media users have congratulated the school on finding an efficient way to ensure that its students don't cheat during exams.

It remains to be seen whether or not the teacher will be taken to task over the incident.

Source: Mexico Daily News | Comments (13)

Tags: School, Exams

Comment icon #4 Posted by RoofGardener on 2 September, 2019, 20:16
My teacher had a 50-calibre belt fed machine gun mounted at the front of the class to deter cheating. It was harsh, but effective !†
Comment icon #5 Posted by Mantis914 on 2 September, 2019, 23:41
As a testing proctor in a previous job,†I had college students come out and say I'm lying when they were blatantly cheating and I would see them physically looking at another student's screen so I'm not at all opposed to this idea of boxes.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Hawken on 3 September, 2019, 1:18
This gives a whole new meaning to, Box Your Ears. The older generation might know what I'm talking about.
Comment icon #7 Posted by OverSword on 3 September, 2019, 3:03
Violation of their human rights? People are way too sensitive. I had a few crazy teachers.
Comment icon #8 Posted by third_eye on 3 September, 2019, 5:48
I believe this is one of those thinking out of the box kinda test...† ~
Comment icon #9 Posted by freetoroam on 3 September, 2019, 6:36
If i were one of those teens I would see it as funny. Violation of their† human rights is just stupid. Their right to what - cheat? As this is why they were made to wear the boxes in the first place, because there had†obviously been a problem with the children cheating.† Part of their human rights does not include to cheat during an exam.†
Comment icon #10 Posted by Gwynbleidd on 3 September, 2019, 6:55
You just said what I was thinking @freetoroam I'll bet the kids had a hoot wearing boxes on their heads.† I know I would've thought it was hilarious!† Maybe I'm just weird though. †
Comment icon #11 Posted by Impedancer on 3 September, 2019, 7:19
First Botox now bobox eh†
Comment icon #12 Posted by Impedancer on 3 September, 2019, 7:23
Gym teacher made us play dodgeball talk about violation of human rights. ;-)
Comment icon #13 Posted by Tom1200 on 3 September, 2019, 10:07
Wish I could up-vote your comment a million times.† "I DEMAND my right to edukashun!† I DEMAND my right to pass exams!† I DEMAND my right to kwalifikashuns!† I DEMAND my right to a cool car an†a penthouse in Mayfair.† An†a maid an†a†showfur.† Wot - I av to pay for them?† I DEMAND my right to lots ov money!"

BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
Video of a fish with a human-like face goes viral
11-11-2019
Unnerving footage of a carp with distinctly human-like facial features has recently emerged on social media.
Geneticists propose human/tardigrade hybrids
11-11-2019
Combining tardigrade DNA with our own could one day improve our ability to survive for long periods in space.
Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
11-10-2019
This spectacular celestial event, which only happens a few times per century, will be visible for 5.5 hours.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia