Friday, January 24, 2020

Doubts cast on woman with 'crystal tears'

Posted on Thursday, 3 October, 2019 | Comment icon 16 comments

Has Kazaryan been faking her own illness all along ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Satenik Kazaryan from Armenia made headlines a few years ago due to her remarkable medical condition.
Kazaryan, who hails from Spandaryan, intrigued doctors and social media users alike when it was revealed that she sheds up to 50 solid crystal shards from her eyes every single day.

Some doctors speculated that she may be suffering from a rare genetic condition known as Cystinosis which causes crystal-like tears to form, however according to Moscow's leading eye specialist Professor Dmitry Maichuk, crystals of a large size would take months to form, not hours.

It is now believed that the girl's 'crystal tears' are in fact little more than regular shards of glass, which if true would mean that her 'mystery illness' has been a hoax all along.
According to Professor Anna Hovakimyan, the most likely explanation is that Kazaryan is suffering from Munchausen syndrome - a mental disorder that compels a person to fake their own illness.

"The crystals look like ordinary glass," she said. "I am almost 100 percent sure that the patient suffers from Munchausen syndrome."

An official investigation into the mystery is still ongoing.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (16)

Tags: Crystal, Tears

Comment icon #7 Posted by rashore on 3 October, 2019, 20:42
Heh, a week or two ago a story like this floated across an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries? I think. I've been using some Pluto TV recently and just kind of playing in the background a couple different true crime/weird channels. Anywho, the story was a gal was able to "sweat" gold foil and weep gemstones. It was an old episode, and she was middle aged... and very nice, there was even a mythbusters kind of debunking to go along with it. Kind of funny to see this type of thing pop up as a newer article so many years later.
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 4 October, 2019, 16:20
There is, to me, so much "psychic fraud" in India that I don't trust anything they say.
Comment icon #9 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 4 October, 2019, 23:36
In India? Try on Earth.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Matt221 on 5 October, 2019, 11:47
I rekon I'd cry if I stuck glass in my eyes and I'm sure doctors didn't have anything else to do .... stupid bloody woman
Comment icon #11 Posted by MissJatti on 6 October, 2019, 7:02
''Cry me a river........... of crystals''
Comment icon #12 Posted by openozy on 6 October, 2019, 9:47
If she could cry diamonds I'd ask for her hand in marriage,after a year married to me I'd be rich
Comment icon #13 Posted by QuickQuickSlow on 22 November, 2019, 10:48
BS or true it all sounds very painful
Comment icon #14 Posted by GlitterRose on 24 November, 2019, 5:54
Now there's a shocker. Lol.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Manwon Lender on 24 November, 2019, 8:11
She's lucky she didn't go blind, she has to be nuts.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Orphalesion on 24 November, 2019, 16:09
So she saw that Simpson Episode where Lady Gaga claims to cry tiny diamonds that "hurt like hell" and created a hoax from that?

Astronauts create first ever food baked in space
1-24-2020
In a first-of-its-kind experiment, the astronauts aboard the ISS have baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
Doomsday Clock is now seconds from midnight
1-24-2020
According to the latest movement of the symbolic clock, the state of our world has gone from bad to worse.
Devon police once chased a UFO at 90mph
1-24-2020
One of Britain's strangest UFO cases began when two policemen spotted something very unusual in the sky.
Volcanic eruption turned victims' brains to glass
1-23-2020
This dire fate awaited the residents of Herculaneum when Mount Vesuvius erupted in the year 79.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA