Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Doubts cast on woman with 'crystal tears'

Posted on Thursday, 3 October, 2019 | Comment icon 12 comments

Has Kazaryan been faking her own illness all along ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Satenik Kazaryan from Armenia made headlines a few years ago due to her remarkable medical condition.
Kazaryan, who hails from Spandaryan, intrigued doctors and social media users alike when it was revealed that she sheds up to 50 solid crystal shards from her eyes every single day.

Some doctors speculated that she may be suffering from a rare genetic condition known as Cystinosis which causes crystal-like tears to form, however according to Moscow's leading eye specialist Professor Dmitry Maichuk, crystals of a large size would take months to form, not hours.

It is now believed that the girl's 'crystal tears' are in fact little more than regular shards of glass, which if true would mean that her 'mystery illness' has been a hoax all along.
According to Professor Anna Hovakimyan, the most likely explanation is that Kazaryan is suffering from Munchausen syndrome - a mental disorder that compels a person to fake their own illness.

"The crystals look like ordinary glass," she said. "I am almost 100 percent sure that the patient suffers from Munchausen syndrome."

An official investigation into the mystery is still ongoing.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (12)

Tags: Crystal, Tears

Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 1 October, 2019, 21:50
Does not say much for the doctors.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Eldorado on 1 October, 2019, 22:35
If only doctors had crystal balls.
Comment icon #5 Posted by freetoroam on 1 October, 2019, 22:45
It would make them walk funny.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Stiff on 3 October, 2019, 16:22
  And you'd be able to see them coming a mile off.
Comment icon #7 Posted by rashore on 3 October, 2019, 20:42
Heh, a week or two ago a story like this floated across an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries? I think. I've been using some Pluto TV recently and just kind of playing in the background a couple different true crime/weird channels. Anywho, the story was a gal was able to "sweat" gold foil and weep gemstones. It was an old episode, and she was middle aged... and very nice, there was even a mythbusters kind of debunking to go along with it. Kind of funny to see this type of thing pop up as a newer article so many years later.
Comment icon #8 Posted by pallidin on 4 October, 2019, 16:20
There is, to me, so much "psychic fraud" in India that I don't trust anything they say.
Comment icon #9 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 4 October, 2019, 23:36
In India? Try on Earth.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Matt221 on 5 October, 2019, 11:47
I rekon I'd cry if I stuck glass in my eyes and I'm sure doctors didn't have anything else to do .... stupid bloody woman
Comment icon #11 Posted by MissJatti on 6 October, 2019, 7:02
''Cry me a river........... of crystals''
Comment icon #12 Posted by openozy on 6 October, 2019, 9:47
If she could cry diamonds I'd ask for her hand in marriage,after a year married to me I'd be rich

World's loudest bird has a truly deafening call
10-22-2019
This incredible species of bird from the Amazon can belt out a call so loud that it can damage your eardrums.
Mother is spooked by 'ghost baby' in crib
10-22-2019
Maritza Elizabeth was so freaked out that she couldn't sleep after spotting the ghostly infant on her baby cam.
US Army signs deal to exploit 'UFO technology'
10-22-2019
The military has teamed up with Tom DeLonge's 'To The Stars' group to study alleged UFO 'metamaterials'.
Mystery surrounds London's 'Havering Hoard'
10-21-2019
An 'extraordinary' cache of Bronze Age weapons found in London has left experts scratching their heads.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ