Saturday, December 7, 2019

Weird creature filmed by fishermen in Thailand

Posted on Wednesday, 9 October, 2019 | Comment icon 57 comments

What is this thing ? Image Credit: YouTube / Toothless Vlogs
This mystery animal was captured on camera next to a fishing boat and nobody seems to know what it is.
Resembling a turtle without its shell, the creature was spotted by fisherman as it glided effortlessly through the water next to their boat with its head and neck raised above the surface.

Little is actually known about the clip, which has so far racked up over 50,000 views on YouTube, so it is unclear exactly where it originated or who the men were who recorded it.

Some have speculated that it could be a new species, while others suggest that the clip is a hoax.

You can check out the video for yourself below.

Source: iHeartRadio | Comments (57)

Tags: Creature, Thailand

Comment icon #48 Posted by Carnoferox on 15 October, 2019, 3:27
Upon further comparison with specimens from Japan and South Africa, I'm 99.9% certain that the animal in the video is indeed a blanket octopus. I have yet to see any convincing arguments for alternate identifications. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIPZfMjr9A https://www.tonmo.com/threads/unknown-phylum-any-suggestions.7469/
Comment icon #49 Posted by MrBene on 15 October, 2019, 4:03
Carnoferox got it. Good catch mate! It really looks like a blanket octopus.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Gwynbleidd on 15 October, 2019, 6:58
Yeah once I saw it's head, my first thought was, "Woah that's a cute little faced sea lion!" With some different looking colours on his back and it's two little flippers moving in the water for buoyancy.  Initially I thought it was a duck under the water, until it stuck it's head up, that ruled that idea out.  There are so many answers in this thread, it's amazing.  It could be anything
Comment icon #51 Posted by the13bats on 15 October, 2019, 9:34
The pic carno posted shows me the cute head was pareidolia, this is a fun one.
Comment icon #52 Posted by the13bats on 15 October, 2019, 9:37
Yep, stick a knife in it, the new pics prove it to me.
Comment icon #53 Posted by Robotic Jew on 15 October, 2019, 11:56
I've never even heard of a blanket octopus before. Very neat looking creature. I've got some googling to do!
Comment icon #54 Posted by SecretSanta on 15 October, 2019, 19:55
I see an otter face.
Comment icon #55 Posted by NCC1701 on 15 October, 2019, 21:57
It looks a little bit like the banana blossom on this picture: http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/banana-blossom-01.jpg
Comment icon #56 Posted by the13bats on 16 October, 2019, 1:47
At first I saw a face too If you zoom in on the pic carno posted the one i asked him to way back, it's not a face.
Comment icon #57 Posted by SecretSanta on 16 October, 2019, 2:02
Oh, I know that now after reading all the replies.  But when I first saw it I thought it looked like an an otter.  Never knew blanket octopuses existed. Very interesting.

'Bigfoot chases car' video emerges in Russia
12-6-2019
Footage showing a car being pursued by an unknown creature has been doing the rounds on social media.
Banana duct-taped to a wall sells for $120,000
12-6-2019
Modern art connoisseurs have taken to a rather tongue-in-cheek exhibit at a Miami Beach art festival this week.
Quantum physicist describes alien encounter
12-6-2019
Quantum computing expert Deep Prasad has come forward with a rather extraordinary story.
Planet found orbiting white dwarf in world first
12-5-2019
Astronomers have discovered a huge planet orbiting the burnt-out husk of a star that was once like the Sun.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia