Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Weird creature filmed by fishermen in Thailand

Posted on Wednesday, 9 October, 2019 | Comment icon 57 comments

What is this thing ? Image Credit: YouTube / Toothless Vlogs
This mystery animal was captured on camera next to a fishing boat and nobody seems to know what it is.
Resembling a turtle without its shell, the creature was spotted by fisherman as it glided effortlessly through the water next to their boat with its head and neck raised above the surface.

Little is actually known about the clip, which has so far racked up over 50,000 views on YouTube, so it is unclear exactly where it originated or who the men were who recorded it.

Some have speculated that it could be a new species, while others suggest that the clip is a hoax.

You can check out the video for yourself below.

Source: iHeartRadio | Comments (57)

Tags: Creature, Thailand

Comment icon #48 Posted by Carnoferox on 15 October, 2019, 3:27
Upon further comparison with specimens from Japan and South Africa, I'm 99.9% certain that the animal in the video is indeed a blanket octopus. I have yet to see any convincing arguments for alternate identifications. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIPZfMjr9A https://www.tonmo.com/threads/unknown-phylum-any-suggestions.7469/
Comment icon #49 Posted by MrBene on 15 October, 2019, 4:03
Carnoferox got it. Good catch mate! It really looks like a blanket octopus.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Gwynbleidd on 15 October, 2019, 6:58
Yeah once I saw it's head, my first thought was, "Woah that's a cute little faced sea lion!" With some different looking colours on his back and it's two little flippers moving in the water for buoyancy.  Initially I thought it was a duck under the water, until it stuck it's head up, that ruled that idea out.  There are so many answers in this thread, it's amazing.  It could be anything
Comment icon #51 Posted by the13bats on 15 October, 2019, 9:34
The pic carno posted shows me the cute head was pareidolia, this is a fun one.
Comment icon #52 Posted by the13bats on 15 October, 2019, 9:37
Yep, stick a knife in it, the new pics prove it to me.
Comment icon #53 Posted by Robotic Jew on 15 October, 2019, 11:56
I've never even heard of a blanket octopus before. Very neat looking creature. I've got some googling to do!
Comment icon #54 Posted by SecretSanta on 15 October, 2019, 19:55
I see an otter face.
Comment icon #55 Posted by NCC1701 on 15 October, 2019, 21:57
It looks a little bit like the banana blossom on this picture: http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/banana-blossom-01.jpg
Comment icon #56 Posted by the13bats on 16 October, 2019, 1:47
At first I saw a face too If you zoom in on the pic carno posted the one i asked him to way back, it's not a face.
Comment icon #57 Posted by SecretSanta on 16 October, 2019, 2:02
Oh, I know that now after reading all the replies.  But when I first saw it I thought it looked like an an otter.  Never knew blanket octopuses existed. Very interesting.

192408

Sir Clive Sinclair: a man ahead of his time
9-20-2021
The late inventor created all manner of weird and wonderful gadgets - but did any of them truly fail ?
Man finds creepy doll boarded up under stairs
9-20-2021
A primary school teacher in Liverpool, England found something decidedly creepy hidden in his new home.
Human remains found inside Louisiana alligator
9-19-2021
Wildlife authorities have identified an alligator that is suspected of killing a man who was reported missing.
15th-Century Vinland Map turns out to be fake
9-19-2021
Researchers at Yale University have debunked what was thought to be the earliest known map of the New World.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball