Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Former Mir astronaut recalls UFO sightings

Posted on Wednesday, 23 October, 2019 | Comment icon 15 comments

What did Linenger and his crewmates see outside Mir ? Image Credit: NASA
Retired NASA astronaut Jerry Linenger claims that he encountered several anomalies during his time in space.
A former Captain in the United States Navy Medical Corps, Linenger spent a total of 132 days aboard the Russian space station Mir as part of the STS-81 mission in 1997.

In a recent interview, he recalled some of the strange things that he saw during that time.

"Well I'm going to stick my neck out, but how many people think I saw a UFO when I was up there ?" he said. "Well I did, I saw things in the true sense of the word, unidentified flying objects - don't take me out of context there - no aliens."

"But I saw stuff that made me call my crewmates over and say 'what the heck is that?'"
The first astronaut ever to conduct a spacewalk outside a foreign space station, Linenger was joined by two Russian cosmonauts during his time on Mir.

On several occasions the crew would spot something unusual out in space but were unable to determine if they were looking at a large object in the distance or a small object that was just outside.

"Is it something 100,000 miles away that's the size of a big spacecraft ?" he said. "It's very hard to distinguish that, usually it was something you could kind of explain, maybe an external tank or something like that. But you would see things and you go 'wow, that's cool - I don't know what that was exactly, but it's not a satellite'."

"You definitely, just like when you see something weird [on Earth], call everyone over like 'I don't care what you're doing, get over here and take a look at this.'"

Source: IB Times | Comments (15)

Tags: Jerry Linenger, Astronaut

Comment icon #6 Posted by Jon the frog on 23 October, 2019, 20:27
Lots of UFO sighting, none are alien... that's the way it is.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Nnicolette on 23 October, 2019, 20:35
We should be collecting the strange objects floating around the earth for research! At this point the closest he came was "what the heck is that". Then we can start drawing conclusions about what exactly we are even talking about here.
Comment icon #8 Posted by AstralHorus on 23 October, 2019, 21:01
You mean all the space trash? Nothing to strange about it, you can find websites that tracktons of the pieces flying around.
Comment icon #9 Posted by the13bats on 23 October, 2019, 21:33
Comment icon #10 Posted by Jon the frog on 23 October, 2019, 22:11
A good story revolving around space trash ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetes
Comment icon #11 Posted by Captain Risky on 23 October, 2019, 22:30
He was far too vague to say what he saw. He did raise the possibility that it could have been a spacecraft. I wish he just came out and said what he saw and what he thinks it could have been instead of being worried that hed be tagged fanciful or something.
Comment icon #12 Posted by toast on 23 October, 2019, 22:44
What "strange objects" you are talking about? To date, there are roughly 1900 human made satellites orbiting Earth. Everyone's trajectory was/is planned/created long before it got/get launched and the planning is based on the trajectories of hundreds of other satellites, to avoid collisions. Means, thousands of members of involved space agencies do have full access to the full database/s. If there would be an object of unknown origin, the knowledge about would had been leaked already. BTW, some years ago I`ve met the guy who calculated the trajectory of the ATV-2 cargo spacecraft and I had the... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by the13bats on 23 October, 2019, 23:23
Sounds like you are just aching to assume and put words in his mouth.
Comment icon #14 Posted by NCC1701 on 24 October, 2019, 18:31
He apparently saw something more often, and of course he didn't take any picture.
Comment icon #15 Posted by tortugabob on 31 October, 2019, 15:35
He's just trying to get his 15 minutes of unexplained-mysteries.com fame. Trust me. He saw nothing.

Cat saves baby from falling down staircase
11-12-2019
This remarkable video from Colombia shows the moment a cat leaps into action to save a baby from a nasty fall.
Inmate who 'died' says he's served life sentence
11-12-2019
A man who is in jail for murder maintains that he should be released because he 'died' and was resuscitated.
'Bigfoot' charges towards boy in new footage
11-12-2019
A video has emerged showing an alleged Bigfoot charging towards a boy who was walking in the woods.
BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
11-11-2019
Comedian Andrew Maxwell and his crew once had their own harrowing experience near the secretive facility.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia