Monday, December 9, 2019

Nicolas Cage on Bigfoot, Nessie and the Yeti

Posted on Monday, 18 November, 2019 | Comment icon 25 comments

Cage certainly seems to know his cryptids. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Kirk Weaver
The award-winning actor shared his views on a number of cryptozoological mysteries during a recent interview.
Cage, whose film career spans almost four decades, is certainly no stranger to the weird and wonderful having played a plethora of wild roles in more than 100 movies.

His latest film, 'Primal', sees him play a big game hunter who has caught a mythical white jaguar.

During an interview with the Huffington Post, cage spilled the beans, not only on the movie itself, but also on his thoughts regarding a variety of cryptozoological creatures.

His responses were surprisingly grounded.

First up was the legendary North American biped Bigfoot:

"Well, as much as I love the idea, I'm of the mind that he doesn't exist," said Cage. "I don't think someone of that, a primate in the forest standing upright."
"I think that if Bigfoot did exist we'd probably have more proof by now."

On the topic of the Loch Ness Monster he said:

"Giant eel. Loch Ness is famous for its eel population, and if it was a plesiosaur, it would be trying to get air a lot more often. I don't think these people are making things up. I think they've probably seen an eel, and I think there might be some DNA tests to that effect coming up to the surface."

He was also asked about the mythical Yeti:

"Well, I think they had some talk about that," he said. "It's usually a bear. Most of the DNA samples come back as bear, so I don't think so. I'm sorry to say that."

"I love the idea of these marvelous creatures and to that effect, the gorilla was originally thought to be a myth and turned out to be fact. The coelacanth was a prehistoric fish, which is still alive."

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (25)

Tags: Nicolas Cage, Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness

Comment icon #16 Posted by Don Caesar on 19 November, 2019, 12:43
How refreshing ... a celebrity with his head screwed on right - unlike Mr. Sheen and his Loch Ness monster hunt.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Robotic Jew on 19 November, 2019, 12:45
Or Rob Lowe...
Comment icon #18 Posted by Ernest on 19 November, 2019, 14:37
I too don’t believe they exist
Comment icon #19 Posted by Matt221 on 19 November, 2019, 17:39
If it's any help biggie don't believe in celebrities
Comment icon #20 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 19 November, 2019, 19:13
My bad. I must have misred what you said as I thought you were assuming bigfoot exist. My apologies.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Desertrat56 on 19 November, 2019, 21:53
Please don't.  Why would you want to feed those dragons?
Comment icon #22 Posted by Rlyeh on 23 November, 2019, 13:30
Which isn't bigfoot. Dinosaurs being real doesn't make dragons real either.
Comment icon #23 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 23 November, 2019, 19:53
You take that back!
Comment icon #24 Posted by GhostBreakers on 23 November, 2019, 20:51
Dinosaurs and Dragons don't relate in any way. However, couldn't it  be as real as thinking that, linking 65 million year old Dinosaurs to modern day birds because of similar bone structure. If you are looking for comparisons? People believe that!  To make things clear to all. I personally don't believe in Big Foot but find the way people look at it as fascinating. My comparisons were to illustrate how people who believe in BF could rationalize it. Ok, all myths aside... There is NO debating Gigantopithecus existed and people may believe that evolution could have produced BF from them. However... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by Bed of chaos on 23 November, 2019, 21:27
Dont know much about his personal life but respect his work ethic. He's relentless pumping out new movies (been in over 100 films).

Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds
12-8-2019
Scientists have discovered that plants emit ultrasonic 'squeals' when stressed due to drought or damage.
Pentagon in U-turn over secretive UFO program
12-8-2019
The US government has completely changed its story over the purpose of its now-cancelled UFO program.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia