Thursday, September 24, 2020

Uri Geller claims he swayed UK election result

Posted on Friday, 20 December, 2019 | Comment icon 181 comments

Geller is no stranger to bizarre and extraordinary claims. Image Credit: CC 3.0 Aquarius2000
The celebrity spoon-bender maintains that he used his powers to help Boris Johnson win the general election.
The controversial illusionist, whose psychic feats have often been met with a significant degree of skepticism, recently appeared on UK morning television to claim that he had given Johnson an 'energised' spoon to ensure that his political opponent Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't win the vote.

Brushing aside the highly improbable nature of his claim, the decision to back Johnson is somewhat at odds with a similar stunt he conducted back in March when he tried to encourage people to use 'psychic energy' to stop Brexit - something that Johnson has long been a major proponent of.

"I believe in the powers of my mind, but for me, more important was for Boris to win in a big way to make sure Corbyn would not get anywhere near the government," he said.

"This is no joke, this is real! My energy and the energy of the people of the UK, ensured Boris Johnson's landslide victory, and kept Jeremy away from Number 10."

During the interview, Geller produced a certificate that he claimed the CIA had issued him with as a way of authenticating that he possessed psychic powers.
"Before you take the mickey out of me - because I know this sounds very light-hearted - let me show you and read to you what the CIA's conclusion is about my powers," he said.

"This is 'CIA... As a result of Geller's success in this experimental period we consider that he has demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and serious manner.'"

When it was pointed out to him that interfering in an election was illegal, Geller replied:

"The big question is - can you prove it? Can you prove that my energy stopped Corbyn and the spoon I gave Boris Johnson made him the Prime Minister in a big way? I believe in it, but can you prove [it]?"

Suffice to say, there is absolutely no evidence to support his claim.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (181)

Tags: Uri Geller

Comment icon #172 Posted by psyche101 on 14 April, 2020, 8:46
Comment icon #173 Posted by TrumanB on 14 April, 2020, 13:03
I do that and I can sense someone's emotion based on face expression. But mentalism is something more. It's looking person's pupils and reading his/her thoughts. It's completely different level what these guys such as Derren Brown do.
Comment icon #174 Posted by Piney on 14 April, 2020, 13:10
There are more subtle signs you will pick up on.  My grandfather would pick apart people and tell me the clues. But I really can't explain it with writing. It'll be writing pages of posts and I'm a terrible teacher.
Comment icon #175 Posted by TrumanB on 14 April, 2020, 14:18
I guess it's a matter of talent. Not everyone can spot it. But knowing someone who can and who is willing to uncover you some details would help. I read one book by Derren Brown but he didn't go into details...disappointed me there.
Comment icon #176 Posted by Piney on 14 April, 2020, 15:27
You can't really.....at least I can't. It's just a matter of honing your powers of observation and practice.
Comment icon #177 Posted by TrumanB on 14 April, 2020, 16:11
In other words - you're gifted or you're not gifted. I watched one Derren Brown's show where he hypntized an elderly lady who never played poker before. After several sessions she enrolled to poker tournament with pro players and ended up second.
Comment icon #178 Posted by Piney on 14 April, 2020, 16:53
I think your capable. I'm autistic so I shouldn't be.
Comment icon #179 Posted by RoofGardener on 14 April, 2020, 17:14
I think this topic has reached it's end ?
Comment icon #180 Posted by papageorge1 on 14 April, 2020, 17:18
I know the anti-Gellar attitude is unsurmountable in some people's minds, but for the sake of newcomers here is tip of the iceburg as to why I believe Uri Geller can bend metal: I tested Uri myself under laboratory-controlled conditions and saw with my own eyes the bending of a key which was not touched by Geller at any time. There was a group of people present during the experiment who all witnessed the key bending in eleven seconds to an angle of thirty degrees. Afterwards we tested the key in a scientific laboratory using devices such as electron microscopes and X-rays and found that there ... [More]
Comment icon #181 Posted by Saru on 14 April, 2020, 17:41
For a more in-depth discussion on Uri Geller, it would be better to start a new thread specifically for that purpose. As this one pertains to a specific news story and is now out-of-date, I'll close it down. Closed.

United States and the Americas
  Breonna Taylor case
  Tut tut Harry
  Epstein found Dead in Jail
 Philosophy and Psychology
  Superdeterminism
  Any lifelong meditators here?
  Mandela Effect
 Computers, Gaming & The Internet
  What are you playing right now?
  Another video
  Alternatives to Ccleaner
Man who claims to be Jesus arrested in Russia
9-23-2020
A major operation this week saw an armed police unit swoop in to arrest the leader of a modern day cult.
Remembering 'Storm Area 51' - one year on
9-23-2020
12 months ago, what started out as a tongue-in-cheek Facebook post became a social media phenomenon.
NASA: first woman to walk on the Moon by 2024
9-22-2020
The space agency has officially published its $28bn plan to land humans on the lunar surface within four years.
'Tesla was from Venus' claims FBI document
9-22-2020
A rather peculiar claim concerning Nikola Tesla has been found in the archives of the FBI's official website.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball