Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Uri Geller claims he swayed UK election result

Posted on Friday, 20 December, 2019 | Comment icon 150 comments

Geller is no stranger to bizarre and extraordinary claims. Image Credit: CC 3.0 Aquarius2000
The celebrity spoon-bender maintains that he used his powers to help Boris Johnson win the general election.
The controversial illusionist, whose psychic feats have often been met with a significant degree of skepticism, recently appeared on UK morning television to claim that he had given Johnson an 'energised' spoon to ensure that his political opponent Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't win the vote.

Brushing aside the highly improbable nature of his claim, the decision to back Johnson is somewhat at odds with a similar stunt he conducted back in March when he tried to encourage people to use 'psychic energy' to stop Brexit - something that Johnson has long been a major proponent of.

"I believe in the powers of my mind, but for me, more important was for Boris to win in a big way to make sure Corbyn would not get anywhere near the government," he said.

"This is no joke, this is real! My energy and the energy of the people of the UK, ensured Boris Johnson's landslide victory, and kept Jeremy away from Number 10."

During the interview, Geller produced a certificate that he claimed the CIA had issued him with as a way of authenticating that he possessed psychic powers.
"Before you take the mickey out of me - because I know this sounds very light-hearted - let me show you and read to you what the CIA's conclusion is about my powers," he said.

"This is 'CIA... As a result of Geller's success in this experimental period we consider that he has demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and serious manner.'"

When it was pointed out to him that interfering in an election was illegal, Geller replied:

"The big question is - can you prove it? Can you prove that my energy stopped Corbyn and the spoon I gave Boris Johnson made him the Prime Minister in a big way? I believe in it, but can you prove [it]?"

Suffice to say, there is absolutely no evidence to support his claim.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (150)

Tags: Uri Geller

Comment icon #141 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2019, 15:30
Nope. You’re wrong. I KNOW how the trick is done. There is no hoist, it’s an illusion which only works depending on where the observer is standing. The most mechanical part of this trick is the human ankle.
Comment icon #142 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2019, 15:32
Not god but super mental abilities which is what geller claims
Comment icon #143 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2019, 15:34
I can see why you’re saying that because they edit to a shot of the foot but the reality is he could do this trick in front of you and you would swear he appears to float and you wouldn’t have a clue how.
Comment icon #144 Posted by XenoFish on 23 December, 2019, 15:36
I'm more impressed by Blaine's endurance feats that any of his magic tricks.
Comment icon #145 Posted by Tom1200 on 23 December, 2019, 16:41
NO!  We all know exactly how he does it.  He rises a couple of inches off the ground: I can do it, my kids can do it.  Not as polished as him, true, but just as high. The first and last acts cut back and forth between Blaine's back and the audience.  These are not continuous recordings.  They do not show the audience's reaction to the 'levitation' we are shown.  Blaine might be exposing himself, for all we know - it would better-explain the hysterical overreactions. They even try to trick the viewer by filming a similarly-dressed stooge for the faked lift.  You can see her from 2'12'' to 2'21'... [More]
Comment icon #146 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2019, 16:46
I like this one
Comment icon #147 Posted by moonman on 23 December, 2019, 17:23
I will. The Balducci method isn't much of a secret. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levitation_(illusion)
Comment icon #148 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2019, 18:57
Close.  In the version done by Blaine the front half of the bottom of the shoe is cut out leaving enough for his toes to cling to when walking so the shoe doesn't flop around.
Comment icon #149 Posted by L.A.T.1961 on 23 December, 2019, 23:48
Geller needs to explain his reverse ferret on Brexit if he has helped Boris.   "Uri Geller has vowed to "telepathically" stop Brexit" He wrote: "I feel psychically and very strongly that most British people do not want Brexit.  "I love you very much but I will not allow you to lead Britain into Brexit." https://news.sky.com/story/uri-geller-tells-pm-i-am-going-to-stop-brexit-telepathically-11672961
Comment icon #150 Posted by tortugabob on 1 January, 2020, 23:01
Biggest liar in the paranormal con game.

'Dancing dragon' fossil is velociraptor relative
1-21-2020
Palaeontologists have compared the feathers of a 120 million-year-old dinosaur to those of modern birds.
Ohio town sees mystery flashes, vibrations
1-21-2020
Recently released footage shows the moment the skies over Bethel, Ohio suddenly lit up in multiple colors.
US and UK sign new treaty to protect Titanic
1-21-2020
Access to the wreck of the world-famous vessel, which sank in 1912, has long remained a point of contention.
Are UFOs piloted by humans from the future ?
1-20-2020
Is it possible that unidentified flying objects are piloted, not by aliens, but by our own future descendants ?
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA