Friday, August 14, 2020

Pentagon UFO videos 'only scratch the surface'

Posted on Thursday, 30 April, 2020 | Comment icon 538 comments

Reid is a strong advocate of research into UFOs. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Senate Democrats / Flickr
Former Nevada Senator Harry Reid has spoken out about the Pentagon's recent UFO footage release.
This week the US government officially declassified three video clips of UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) encountered by US Navy pilots during two separate encounters.

While the clips had been previously leaked and published by the New York Times and Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science, the Pentagon's decision to not only release them but to also confirm that the objects were genuinely 'unidentified' represents a significant step forward in the search for the truth about what these objects are and where they come from.

According to Senator Harry Reid however - who was involved in the creation of the US government's secretive UFO program AATIP (Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program) - this latest move by the Pentagon "only scratches the surface".

"I'm glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available," he wrote on Twitter in response to the release.
"The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed."

Reid, who has often spoken out about the UFO phenomenon, is certainly no stranger to advocating for the subject to be taken a lot more seriously than it previously has been.

"I personally don't know if there exists little green men other places, I kind of doubt that, but I do believe that the information we have indicates we should do a lot more study," he said in 2019.

"We have hundreds and hundreds of people that have seen the same thing - something in the sky."

The officially released clips can be viewed and downloaded from the US Navy's website - here.

Source: Vice.com | Comments (538)

Tags: UFO, Pentagon

Comment icon #529 Posted by I'mConvinced on 26 June, 2020, 0:31
As there are people in this thread that do care about this stuff I'll leave you with an excellent, very recent, summary video.  I have checked many of his facts and interview sources and find it covers the subject without great bias.  Enjoy!
Comment icon #530 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 22:24
Thank you. This and other related events have been debated to the point of exhaustion.
Comment icon #531 Posted by I'mConvinced on 29 June, 2020, 22:34
In your opinion, I just see you as another person unable to address the new evidence i.e. we know Mick's explanation can't be right and expert testimony tells us what is shown in the videos isn't anything he usually sees, this from a person spending all day looking through FLIR cameras for a living...  Its been hilarious watching people demand I provide evidence and when I do, it's not addressed and everyone runs and ducks for cover.  If you stopped by to let us know you're bored then thanks for sharing?
Comment icon #532 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 23:56
I've made my stance known as best I can without me violating my own security clearance. Looking through FLIR all day is one thing. Having personally seen or being familiar with highly classified aircraft (foreign and domestic) is another. I don't demand anything from anyone. You have your opinion and that's fine. However, based off of my experiences I have a definitively different opinion.
Comment icon #533 Posted by I'mConvinced on 30 June, 2020, 14:26
That's fair enough and I'd love to hear your take.  However, I'm also not going to buy the whole, paraphrased,  'well I'm a top secret clearance guy but its so hush hush I can't speak of it, but what I can tell you is i'm right and you're wrong".  It doesn't hold much water as an argument. If you are saying you have worked with/flown US aircraft with brand new, gravity based propulsion systems and that what we are seeing is explained by this then cool, I could buy into that.  However I don't buy into the afterburners and weather balloon nonsense some around here like to believe are shown in th... [More]
Comment icon #534 Posted by Trelane on 30 June, 2020, 23:19
That's understandable, however I have nothing to prove to anyone. I'm not a pilot or aviator, I'm a MP (20+ years now). I am firmly aware of the NDAs I've had to sign and what I've seen. This both in security debriefings and being assigned to site security where items have been temporarily stored.
Comment icon #535 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:12
.. and we're still waiting for a link to the radar data or FLIR footage that shows the maneuvers requiring a 'gravity-based propulsion system'.
Comment icon #536 Posted by Hazzard on 1 July, 2020, 21:42
Im guessing that he is pulling a "Skyeagle" on you...  If you remember that guy and his more than dishonest debating tactics.
Comment icon #537 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:52
Yes, Sky was a strange egg.  I respected his service in the airforce, and he was absolutely convinced of ufo coverups but could never present anything solid.  It was kinda odd that as he was somewhat indirectly involved, he was a staunch defender of the Apollo missions, so he didn't buy into other conspiracy theories... It's also a pity that Merc14 isn't still around..  I hope he's OK, although I suspect his absence may be post-Trump shock.  He was a defender of the orange idiot for a while.
Comment icon #538 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 4:17
Actually you are making false claims. We know that Mick West's analysis is correct. Your so-called expert testimony is not expert testimony. You have provided virtually nothing. I see really nothing of value you have offered.

Did humans really wipe out the woolly rhino ?
8-14-2020
The woolly rhino may not have been wiped out by human hunting practices as was previously believed.
Pentagon set to launch new UFO task force
8-14-2020
According to reports, a new task force dedicated to investigating UFOs will be unveiled in the next few days.
Ancient galaxy looks surprisingly familiar
8-13-2020
A 12 billion-year-old galaxy in the distant universe looks uncannily like a miniature version of the Milky Way.
Japan's Bigfoot mystery endures 50 years on
8-13-2020
Japan's answer to the legendary cryptid was first sighted during a mountain drive one night 50 years ago.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball