Thursday, December 3, 2020

Chilling clip shows 'creature' in Polish forest

Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2020 | Comment icon 55 comments

What is this thing ? Image Credit: YouTube / Leviathan
An unnerving, albeit questionable video recording of an unidentified creature has recently gone viral online.
The peculiar clip, which was originally uploaded on March 11th by YouTube user 'Leviathan', has recently gained exposure after being picked up by another, more popular channel.

It shows a person walking through the woods at night with nothing but a basic flashlight to illuminate the trees ahead. As he proceeds through the forest, a number of chilling, mournful cries can be heard coming from nearby, with the encounter culminating in the appearance of some sort of creature that is barely visible up ahead - illuminated by what little light the torch can provide.

The video is entitled "I heard this creature again" and appears to be the third in a series of clips posted over the last two years by the same user.
The first, entitled "Strange creature disturbs nights", shows little more than dogs barking, while the second, "Would someone tell me what this is?" features a disturbance in an abandoned outbuilding.

The latter also offers what appears to be a brief glimpse of the mystery animal.

Whether there is any truth to these videos however remains unclear.

Source: YouTube | Comments (55)

Tags: Creature

Comment icon #46 Posted by stereologist on 20 June, 2020, 23:56
There is this really interesting deer I aw in India call a barisingha deer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barasingha One of things they like to do is to collect a haystack of grass in their antlers. It's part of their mating ritual. Who's got the most stuff on their head? It's me hot lady. I was amazed at the displays we saw. Did this deer do this accidentally or on purpose and was now regretting it? Was it a barisingha wanna be?
Comment icon #47 Posted by freetoroam on 21 June, 2020, 8:58
You are an idiot. You have just ranted a load of utter rubbish. †
Comment icon #48 Posted by joc on 21 June, 2020, 19:22
There are woods behind my house.† I wouldn't even go near them at night without a flashlight and a pistol.†Even in the day, I carry a pistol if I go into the woods.† But then again I'm not in an urban area.† The real thing I worry about is Mountain Lions and wild boars...mostly wild boars.† Never actually seen a mountain lion but I heard a panther scream one night while I was looking through my telescope only a couple of hundred feet from the woods.† Scared me enough I ran all the way back to the house like a little girl.† It's the spiders though...they come out at night.†† My woods are thick ... [More]
Comment icon #49 Posted by Hankenhunter on 22 June, 2020, 6:00
Its quite common to see deer, elk, and moose with foliage jambed in their antlers. It happens when they rub the velvet off the antlers, or they're in rut ripping small bushes and trees apart. One trick†to keep your night sight is to cover†one eye when you turn the flashlight on. Then switch eyes†when you turn it off. I've††used this hack for watching meteor showers.
Comment icon #50 Posted by MrBene on 23 June, 2020, 20:45
Well, there are two plausable explanations for the video.† First one is, the guy truly heard noises and approached to the source, got scared by the animal and ran. Second, he set up this for lulz with his friends. Why? Tiktok, youtube, instagram. Some e-fame for a while. It could be any of it but honestly the quality of the video isn't that good to even make anything out of it. I will go with normal animal eating something making noise calls (?) †
Comment icon #51 Posted by _Only on 24 June, 2020, 1:01
So I'll be the 3rd person in this thread to tell you I can and have hiked in the forest (also Northern-ish California) completely fine without a flashlight. If you have a flashlight, feel free to use it as you will see better, but it's not necessary to make your way around, even me who has bad vision at night without my glasses (I only wear them at night). Also: A camera's detection of low light is far, far worse than a human's eyesight. You can go outside on a dimly lit night and see perfectly fine, but take out your phone and start videoing the same setting and the camera will pick up near n... [More]
Comment icon #52 Posted by stereologist on 27 June, 2020, 19:30
I think some people think all cameras are the same. But there are cameras that can see well below what human eyes can see. The camera in your phone is not one of them. As _Only pointed out the camera is not going to record low light well.
Comment icon #53 Posted by Trihalo42 on 28 June, 2020, 16:00
Crane? Maybe it's a Disney version of Blair Witch with a duck?
Comment icon #54 Posted by Nnicolette on 13 July, 2020, 14:41
Haha this reminds me of a lady i met at the river the other day. She was furious because i pointed out a crane right in front of us and she insisted it was a pelican, wouldnt believe anything otherwise despite the fact it was clearly a white crane. Reminded me of 95% of my conversations on this site lol
Comment icon #55 Posted by stereologist on 13 July, 2020, 20:13
Was this a typical crane with red on its head? I hear the same from people trying to claim they saw huge numbers of bad eagles which I point out are osprey. They will blindly insist that there is no stripe through the eye on any of the birds they saw. That's why we insist on evidence and not story telling isn't† it?

Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
60ft moving Gundam robot unveiled in Japan
12-1-2020
Japan's Gundam Factory Yokohama complex has revealed its fully functional, life-size robot to the media.
Another monolith has turned up in Romania
12-1-2020
The mystery of the '2001' monoliths has deepened after another one has appeared half way across the world.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball