Saturday, September 26, 2020

'Blair Witch' director returns with 'Skyman'

Posted on Friday, 26 June, 2020 | Comment icon 46 comments

Will 'Skyman' achieve the same success as 'Blair Witch' ? Image Credit: YouTube / Gravitas Ventures
The director of 'The Blair Witch Project' is back with a new found footage movie about an alien visitor.
Back in 1999, Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez's iconic low-budget found footage hit proved so successful that it popularized an entire genre and left cinema audiences questioning whether or not what they had seen was entirely fictional.

Now Myrick is returning with a new found footage movie - 'Skyman' - which takes the form of a faux documentary covering the activities of a man who, determined to prove that mankind is not alone, attempts to reunite with an alien visitor that he encountered decades ago as a young child.

Speaking to SYFY WIRE, Myrick explained that the movie is heavily influenced by his own childhood in Florida where he once formed a 'UFO club' with his friends.

"It was in the late '70s/early '80s when UFOs and Bigfoot and things like the Bermuda Triangle were all the rage," he said. "Me and my friends did a lot of research on abductions and whatnot."
"This ended up resonating with me and years later, I wanted to create this hybrid character that tapped into and was inspired by a lot of those stories."

The movie will open at select drive-in cinemas next week.

You can check out the trailer below.

Source: Syfy.com | Comments (46)

Tags: Alien, Extraterrestrial

Comment icon #37 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 4:15
Sounds to me like you are envious of the adventurous trips I have taken. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors.
Comment icon #38 Posted by astrobeing on 5 July, 2020, 15:18
You can't answer the question. Obviously you haven't seen the movie since you think it's about some kids getting lost in the woods.
Comment icon #39 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 22:40
Obviously I have and it showed 3 incompetents. Maybe you are so unskilled you couldn't see the obvious. I know what the movie is it about - it was boring story about 3 dunces that are incompetent. About the only interesting part of this dreadful boredom is the last minute inside of the house. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors. Tom Patey's definition of a beginner applies to these 3: "Someone usually dead who should be kept out of the woods at all costs."
Comment icon #40 Posted by XenoFish on 5 July, 2020, 22:42
Cripes man, it's just a movie. Not a documentary. People either like it or they don't. I thought it was an interesting idea at the time. Then it got overplayed.
Comment icon #41 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 23:47
I was just saying what spoiled for me was how the trio made mistake after mistake in the woods. I get this dumb question which has nothing at all to do with the movie: " How many times have you been camping and strange people have terrorized you night after night? "
Comment icon #42 Posted by XenoFish on 5 July, 2020, 23:52
I look at it as a murder mystery. Two guy plan on killing the girl. One "disappears", to them it's a game. The witch isn't real.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Hazzard on 6 July, 2020, 1:34
I look at it as a sci-fi movie. The witch is a Thing that beamed down to hunt retarded teens.
Comment icon #44 Posted by astrobeing on 6 July, 2020, 1:35
OK, now I'm absolutely convinced that you haven't seen the movie. They didn't wander around, get lost, and freeze to death. They were being stalked by unknown people night after night and were murdered. I would love to hear your explanation as to what they did wrong that caused them to be murdered.
Comment icon #45 Posted by stereologist on 6 July, 2020, 11:23
Guess reading is not one of your abilities.  Never said they froze to death. They did wander. They did not get out of the woods because they acted like idiots, i.e. they were lost. There is nothing in the film that they were stalked night after night. This shows what a beginner you are. You obviously have no idea what stupid mistakes they made. It was their imagination run wild. It was boring. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Myles on 6 July, 2020, 11:33
When I watched it, it seemed like one of the explanations was that people were stalking them.    I also thought that part of the movie was that none of them were experienced campers.

282099

Time capsule found in walls of Jewish museum
9-25-2020
The capsule, which dates back to 1873, was discovered by workers who had been carrying out renovation work.
Forrest Fenn treasure discoverer comes forward
9-25-2020
An individual claiming to be the one who found Fenn's treasure has seemingly broken his silence in a blog post.
Skepticism surrounds 'life on Venus' claim
9-24-2020
It may be a bit premature to conclude that the detection of phosphine on Venus is an indication of alien life.
Scientists solve mass elephant deaths mystery
9-24-2020
Hundreds of elephants have been mysteriously dying in Botswana and scientists have finally figured out why.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball