We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Thursday, December 2, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
The UFO Phenomenon

'Blair Witch' director returns with 'Skyman'

June 26, 2020 | Comment icon 46 comments

Will 'Skyman' achieve the same success as 'Blair Witch' ? Image Credit: YouTube / Gravitas Ventures
The director of 'The Blair Witch Project' is back with a new found footage movie about an alien visitor.
Back in 1999, Daniel Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez's iconic low-budget found footage hit proved so successful that it popularized an entire genre and left cinema audiences questioning whether or not what they had seen was entirely fictional.

Now Myrick is returning with a new found footage movie - 'Skyman' - which takes the form of a faux documentary covering the activities of a man who, determined to prove that mankind is not alone, attempts to reunite with an alien visitor that he encountered decades ago as a young child.

Speaking to SYFY WIRE, Myrick explained that the movie is heavily influenced by his own childhood in Florida where he once formed a 'UFO club' with his friends.

"It was in the late '70s/early '80s when UFOs and Bigfoot and things like the Bermuda Triangle were all the rage," he said. "Me and my friends did a lot of research on abductions and whatnot."
"This ended up resonating with me and years later, I wanted to create this hybrid character that tapped into and was inspired by a lot of those stories."

The movie will open at select drive-in cinemas next week.

You can check out the trailer below.

Source: Syfy.com | Comments (46)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #37 Posted by stereologist 1 year ago
Sounds to me like you are envious of the adventurous trips I have taken. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors.
Comment icon #38 Posted by astrobeing 1 year ago
You can't answer the question. Obviously you haven't seen the movie since you think it's about some kids getting lost in the woods.
Comment icon #39 Posted by stereologist 1 year ago
Obviously I have and it showed 3 incompetents. Maybe you are so unskilled you couldn't see the obvious. I know what the movie is it about - it was boring story about 3 dunces that are incompetent. About the only interesting part of this dreadful boredom is the last minute inside of the house. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors. Tom Patey's definition of a beginner applies to these 3: "Someone usually dead who should be kept out of the woods at all costs."
Comment icon #40 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
Cripes man, it's just a movie. Not a documentary. People either like it or they don't. I thought it was an interesting idea at the time. Then it got overplayed.
Comment icon #41 Posted by stereologist 1 year ago
I was just saying what spoiled for me was how the trio made mistake after mistake in the woods. I get this dumb question which has nothing at all to do with the movie: " How many times have you been camping and strange people have terrorized you night after night? "
Comment icon #42 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
I look at it as a murder mystery. Two guy plan on killing the girl. One "disappears", to them it's a game. The witch isn't real.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Hazzard 1 year ago
I look at it as a sci-fi movie. The witch is a Thing that beamed down to hunt retarded teens.
Comment icon #44 Posted by astrobeing 1 year ago
OK, now I'm absolutely convinced that you haven't seen the movie. They didn't wander around, get lost, and freeze to death. They were being stalked by unknown people night after night and were murdered. I would love to hear your explanation as to what they did wrong that caused them to be murdered.
Comment icon #45 Posted by stereologist 1 year ago
Guess reading is not one of your abilities.  Never said they froze to death. They did wander. They did not get out of the woods because they acted like idiots, i.e. they were lost. There is nothing in the film that they were stalked night after night. This shows what a beginner you are. You obviously have no idea what stupid mistakes they made. It was their imagination run wild. It was boring. I repeat: The Blair Witch movie showed 3 incompetent woosies with no basic competencies for the outdoors.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Myles 1 year ago
When I watched it, it seemed like one of the explanations was that people were stalking them.    I also thought that part of the movie was that none of them were experienced campers.