Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Couple spots 'bus-sized' creature in Loch Ness

Posted on Saturday, 26 September, 2020 | Comment icon 117 comments

Could Nessie be a giant eel ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Ben Buxton
Corey Sturrock and his wife had been out for a walk when they spotted something very large in the water.
The encounter, which took place on Saturday at around 3.40pm, occurred while the couple were walking along the shoreline at Dores - a small village on the northeastern side of the loch.

"I have been camping and walking on Loch Ness my whole life and I have never believed in the Loch Ness monster," said Corey. "But what my wife and I saw was something quite extraordinary and I would like to know if other people have seen the same."

He described the creature as 'eel-like' but also 'the size of a bus'.

"We saw the water rippling as if something was swelling, and that is what grabbed our attention," he said. "We then saw this thing, that looked like a massive eel rise from the water, and then go back under again. There was a large swell."
The same thing was also witnessed by several other people who had been walking nearby.

Sadly however, Corey was unable to capture the spectacle on camera.

"I reached for my phone - but it was all over in a matter of about 10 or 20 seconds - and it only showed itself for a few seconds," he said.

"By the time I got my phone out it had gone underneath again."

As for what the creature was - Corey is skeptical that it was a literal monster but believes that it could have been some sort of large eel that lives in the loch.

"Whatever it was it was some size," he said.

Source: Inverness Courier | Comments (117)

Tags: Loch Ness Monster

Comment icon #108 Posted by onlookerofmayhem on 10 October, 2020, 16:46
Why?
Comment icon #109 Posted by Chronus on 10 October, 2020, 16:54
Ok we'll go one step at a time. Let say for a moment, that everything sea monster related at the Loch is actually that, a sea monster. There have been sightings of many other sea monsters there, so say the loch is home ti something we don't know about, what are the chances that several, very different, creatures living in the loch. † Now I will say a huge majority of signings probably are lots and stuff, so I am not saying that everything there is a unidentified thing. And I think I believe its paranormal, because I have jad encounters with the paranormal, so its not new to me, so for me its m... [More]
Comment icon #110 Posted by onlookerofmayhem on 10 October, 2020, 18:31
You've had a supernatural experience with the Loch Ness monster?
Comment icon #111 Posted by Chronus on 10 October, 2020, 18:58
No, not nessie.
Comment icon #112 Posted by onlookerofmayhem on 11 October, 2020, 0:39
Well, I guess there's no point discussing anything with you if you believe your own supernatural experience justifies believing any unevidenced story as possible. You can literally make up any details you want. Or believe any details you want for that matter.
Comment icon #113 Posted by Chronus on 11 October, 2020, 1:07
Fair enough, nice small chat I guess †
Comment icon #114 Posted by Nobu on 11 October, 2020, 3:43
Heck, this is as legitimate a hypothesis as Iíve heard on the LNM. Cheers
Comment icon #115 Posted by Chronus on 11 October, 2020, 12:36
Literally thats the first time I've done something that big before haha, I typed it on my phone as well.
Comment icon #116 Posted by ocpaul20 on 15 October, 2020, 3:07
Look at Skinwalker Ranch, Brown Mountain, Parker Ranch, and many other places in that area and in other areas of the world too. There are many many places which consistently have lights, creatures, UFOs, ghosts, and all manner of things reported. Why does everyone rule out a portal of some kind to another place which shares these creatures with our reality? Why? because there is no 'evidence' and thats the only thing which makes our world 'real' for some of us. That is a terrible limitation which those people are allowing and it does not define reality at all.
Comment icon #117 Posted by stereologist on 20 October, 2020, 19:45
Eels would need to pass dams. Champ in lake Champlain would need to pass the flood control dams on the Richelieu River https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richelieu_River

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball