We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Sunday, November 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Ghosts & Hauntings

'Spooky' moving curtain goes viral on TikTok

September 28, 2020 | Comment icon 44 comments

It's easier than ever for videos like this to go viral. Image Credit: TikTok / @anna_banannaaaaa
A clip that some have attributed to a ghostly visitor has received over 8 million views on the video sharing site.
In the age of social media, even the simplest of videos has the potential to rack up millions of views and this latest example, which went viral this week, is no exception.

Posted on the popular video sharing platform TikTok by the user 'Anna Banana', the clip shows the titular star preparing to comment on a can of lime-flavored White Claw drink when a curtain in the background suddenly starts to move on its own.

Spotting the movement on her screen, she can then be seen running up to the curtain to see if anything's there before closing the door.

Of course, the most likely explanation by far is that the curtain was being moved by the wind, but that hasn't stopped millions of people from viewing, liking and commenting on the footage.
Some even claim to have seen a figure or shadow moving away after the curtain moved.

You can check out the footage for yourself below - is this evidence of the paranormal or simply a sign of just how easily even the most mundane of videos can go viral under the right circumstances ?

You decide.

@anna_banannaaaaa

Ummmmm ok... ##spooky but what was that ?

♬ Scary - Background Sounds

Source: Fox News | Comments (44)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #35 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
So every time I post an opinion I need to make a very long list of well supported reason having it?
Comment icon #36 Posted by the13bats 1 year ago
I was responding to xenos remark about Ouija boards, so if he posted his remark in the wrong thread i posted my reply to it in the wrong thread too, but i found his remarks fit the ongoing discussion.
Comment icon #37 Posted by the13bats 1 year ago
I ask where's the proof the evidence when a person is trying to "sell" a claim something is paranormal, otherwordly , cryptic etc, because and this is just my nsho if a person wants me to believe their story i need them to provide me more than just a story, If they believe their story i dont need to waste time trying to prove them mistaken, and sure some folks fall for hoaxes or there experence is prosaic but not of their understanding, In this case i was sold it wasnt paranormal so sure i was "lazy" in that i didnt care enough to take the extra step to prove what i already knew. Im really n... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by rashore 1 year ago
Don't need to be a long list... but yeah, with how much and how often you go after others for their spooky opinions, you should put your money where your mouth is and do the same. If you aren't willing to back up your opinions, don't go after others for theirs. I see this on the regular in threads. Folks (not just you) bust the chops of folksthat believe in the spooky, but too careless, lazy, and so on to bother backing themselves up. Not even bothering to question enough to be a skeptic anymore... but caring enough to go after someone with a different opinion than their own. It's a bit of a... [More]
Comment icon #39 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
Well you've opened a can of worms. Because if you're demanding I put validity to my opinion, then the same should apply to the believers as well. It now become a "put up or shut up" situation. Just saying.
Comment icon #40 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
I'll do it too. Guess I should create a special folder for links I will need.
Comment icon #41 Posted by rashore 1 year ago
Nope, nota shut up situation.Not making any demands either. You can put your worms back in your can. But if you want to start putting up more, I'm not one to stop you. Not really anything more to put up on this topic though.
Comment icon #42 Posted by the13bats 1 year ago
So the burden of proof should be 50/50?
Comment icon #43 Posted by XenoFish 1 year ago
Yes, that seems fair.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Twas Brillig 11 months ago
In case nobody has already said this, there's a guy crawling away towards the rightat the moment she runs towards the curtain. You can see him/her on the ground through the window.