Monday, July 4, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Woman marries a briefcase named Gideon

December 16, 2020 | Comment icon 18 comments

This is the very definition of an unconventional relationship. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A woman from Moscow got married recently to a briefcase that she 'met' 5 years ago in a hardware store.
Rain Gordon, who works as a nursery school teacher, first became infatuated with inanimate objects at a young age when she fell in love with a new shopping center that had opened nearby.

She has since fallen in love with - and married - a metal briefcase she has named 'Gideon'.

"The sight of Gideon makes my heart skip a beat," she told Caters, as part of an effort to explain her feelings and to tackle some of the stigma involved in the idea of loving objects rather than people.

"I am madly in love with silver, mirror reflections and metal. People don't understand my feeling. I've been told I'm sick and to seek treatment. I don't let it offend me anymore."
"I had no idea that we would end up together. I admired how he looked, but I didn't think anything more. But then I started liking Gideon for more than that. I slowly realized I was starting to fall in love."

According to Gordon, she did have a previous relationship with a (human) man, but they broke up after two years.

"When faced with a choice between him and Gideon, I chose Gideon without any hesitation," she said.

"I always have and always will choose him. For me, objects - although I don't really like using that word - really are better than people."

Source: Oddity Central | Comments (18)

Comment icon #9 Posted by HSlim 2 years ago
...alright
Comment icon #10 Posted by diddyman68 2 years ago
I must admit, he's a handsome looking briefcase.
Comment icon #11 Posted by razman 2 years ago
Well the scientists were right , there is less intelligent life in the universe than we thought.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
Marrying luggage might be the least disturbing story of 2020.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin 2 years ago
What if she wants to have a 'fling' with someone elses purse. Will she stalk it?
Comment icon #14 Posted by newbloodmoon 2 years ago
I imagine if she and Gideon adopted a child she would name the boy or girl bible. Okay so the low hanging fruit has been picked, continue with rhe discussion folks.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Tom1200 2 years ago
A lady (who’s clearly lost it), A briefcase decided to hitch To please her at night. But when they get a flight Does her luggage now need its own ticket?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Picturesque Orion 2 years ago
I love how the name of the briefcase is important enough to feature in the article's title, lol.
Comment icon #17 Posted by josellama2000 2 years ago
A new gender is born.
Comment icon #18 Posted by stevenLL 2 years ago
She will be dissappointed. This breifcase has a long history.  I know for fact it's real name is fibercase and it's married to two other women at this time.

Total Posts: 7,288,865    Topics: 299,851    Members: 197,596