Wednesday, January 20, 2021
  Bizarre

Woman marries a briefcase named Gideon

Posted on Wednesday, 16 December, 2020 | Comment icon 18 comments

This is the very definition of an unconventional relationship. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A woman from Moscow got married recently to a briefcase that she 'met' 5 years ago in a hardware store.
Rain Gordon, who works as a nursery school teacher, first became infatuated with inanimate objects at a young age when she fell in love with a new shopping center that had opened nearby.

She has since fallen in love with - and married - a metal briefcase she has named 'Gideon'.

"The sight of Gideon makes my heart skip a beat," she told Caters, as part of an effort to explain her feelings and to tackle some of the stigma involved in the idea of loving objects rather than people.

"I am madly in love with silver, mirror reflections and metal. People don't understand my feeling. I've been told I'm sick and to seek treatment. I don't let it offend me anymore."
"I had no idea that we would end up together. I admired how he looked, but I didn't think anything more. But then I started liking Gideon for more than that. I slowly realized I was starting to fall in love."

According to Gordon, she did have a previous relationship with a (human) man, but they broke up after two years.

"When faced with a choice between him and Gideon, I chose Gideon without any hesitation," she said.

"I always have and always will choose him. For me, objects - although I don't really like using that word - really are better than people."

Source: Oddity Central | Comments (18)

Tags: Marriage

Comment icon #9 Posted by HSlim on 16 December, 2020, 20:28
...alright
Comment icon #10 Posted by diddyman68 on 16 December, 2020, 21:29
I must admit, he's a handsome looking briefcase.
Comment icon #11 Posted by razman on 16 December, 2020, 23:14
Well the scientists were right , there is less intelligent life in the universe than we thought.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Seti42 on 16 December, 2020, 23:29
Marrying luggage might be the least disturbing story of 2020.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pallidin on 17 December, 2020, 6:00
What if she wants to have a 'fling' with someone elses purse. Will she stalk it?
Comment icon #14 Posted by newbloodmoon on 17 December, 2020, 6:26
I imagine if she and Gideon adopteda child she would name the boy or girlbible. Okay so the low hanging fruit has been picked, continue with rhe discussion folks.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Tom1200 on 17 December, 2020, 9:33
A lady (whos clearly lost it), A briefcase decided to hitch To please her at night. But when they get a flight Does her luggage now need its own ticket?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Picturesque Orion on 17 December, 2020, 12:18
I love how the name of the briefcase is important enough to feature in the article's title, lol.
Comment icon #17 Posted by josellama2000 on 20 December, 2020, 6:21
A new gender is born.
Comment icon #18 Posted by stevenLL on 20 December, 2020, 18:23
She will be dissappointed. This breifcase has a long history. I know for fact it's real name is fibercaseand it's married to two other women at this time.

Is the Loch Ness Monster an ancient sea turtle ?
1-19-2021
One researcher has come up with a new theory to explain sightings of the legendary Scottish loch monster.
How can people hear the voices of the dead ?
1-19-2021
Scientists have been attempting to find out what makes a person more likely to hear voices from beyond the grave.
Witness recounts 'winged creature' encounter
1-18-2021
Three people had been driving in northeastern Illinois when they saw a flying creature with 'human proportions'.
Revealed: the face of Siberia's 'Tutankhamun'
1-18-2021
Scientists in Russia have painstakingly reconstructed the face of a Scythian king found in a tomb in East Siberia.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball