Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Musk posts 'strongest argument against aliens'

Posted on Friday, 26 March, 2021 | Comment icon 114 comments

Image Credit: Alpharetta Department of Public Safety / Facebook
The SpaceX CEO is no stranger to expressing skepticism on the subject of extraterrestrial visitation.
Back in February, Elon Musk told Joe Rogan that he didn't believe aliens were visiting the Earth.

"Honestly, I think I would know if there were aliens," he said. "I mean, if they wanted us to know [about them], they could just show up and walk down main street like 'hey, I'm an alien check me out.'"

"'Here's my spaceship, I just landed in the middle of Time Square.' [Then] we'd be like, 'Okay, we believe you.' They are very subtle, these aliens."

Fast-forward one month and now Musk has returned to the topic to again express his signature skepticism towards the idea that our planet is being visited by intelligent extraterrestrials.
Referencing the lack of quality seen in UFO photographs, he wrote on Twitter: "Strongest argument against aliens", followed by a diagram consisting of two graphs:

Of course amateur UFO photographs are not the only potential evidence of alien visitors - the recent revelations concerning US Navy pilot encounters with unidentified aerial phenomena off the US coast being a prime example of this.

There are even video clips of these objects which, while not particular high-res, come from a source that is difficult to dismiss out of hand.

Still, it seems that Musk's mind is well and truly made up on the matter.

Source: Fox Business | Comments (114)

Tags: Elon Musk, UFO, Aliens

Comment icon #105 Posted by psyche101 on 6 April, 2021, 5:00
Lol I bet he though it Funny as it may seem, if we actually could visit the universe, it would have to be more like Doctor Who's travel than Star trek. It's the only concept that would allow us to see more than the tiny corner around us.
Comment icon #106 Posted by Manwon Lender on 6 April, 2021, 5:09
Well theoretically there is proof, and all we need to do to find it is look in the mirror. The reason proving that bacteria found on Earth came from outer space is so difficult is because once it is found on Earth there is no way to prove it isn't an undiscovered novel bacteria that was already here. There is however one scenario that would prove without any doubt that a bacteria found on Earth was actually an Alien Bacteria not from earth and that would be if it was not a Carbon Based life form. Every form of life on the planet Earth to my knowledge is Carbon Based.  Theoretically however, th... [More]
Comment icon #107 Posted by Manwon Lender on 6 April, 2021, 5:20
Yes that is an interesting concept, and contemporary physics even hints at it theoretically. But, at this point in time we are not advanced to that level yet, but all it may take is one brilliant mind to emerge and solve the equation needed to achieve that goal, hell he could alive today.  I know I am very optimistic in my views, but I think it is better than being negative. To me negativity hinders or completely stops progression, because it does not inspire growth or a positive outcome to any problem one is faced with. Take Care my Friend.
Comment icon #108 Posted by psyche101 on 6 April, 2021, 5:33
Possible, but unlikely because carbon is just so easy to work with. Silicone creatures would have a painfully slow metabolism and would not be much of a threat if the did evolve. Here are a couple of links I'm sure you will enjoy on the subject   https://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/siliconlife.html https://www.universetoday.com/91449/why-silicon-based-aliens-would-rather-eat-our-cities-than-us-thoughts-on-non-carbon-astrobiology/
Comment icon #109 Posted by psyche101 on 6 April, 2021, 5:44
Optimism is great. Never hurts to look up. Without optimism the 100 year starship project would not exist .
Comment icon #110 Posted by Manwon Lender on 6 April, 2021, 6:37
Thanks I did enjoy them very much, and they did answer some question. I will share some links with you on the subject later, I have run right now.
Comment icon #111 Posted by ChrLzs on 6 April, 2021, 20:46
Once.  In one single location.  If it was easy (or indeed anything up to 'ludicrously improbable') there would have been multiple outbreaks at multiple times in multiple locations, surely. But no, just one, according to all the information we have.  Sure, there may have been some or even lots of other outbreaks that simply didn't evolve or reproduce successfully, but we have nothing whatsoever to support that.  Indeed we have several hundred years of research and attempts by scientists (ongoing..) to try to find out the combination of chemicals and environment that worked to create "LUCA".. an... [More]
Comment icon #112 Posted by Manwon Lender on 6 April, 2021, 21:02
I may not have been clear my friend. What I was saying in my post was that it may take a great deal of interconnecting circumstances for life to occur on a planet, but here on Earth everything lined up perfectly. The entire conversation was based upon the panspermia theory, which I support. Which basically says that life on Earth didn't evolve here independently that the precursors of all life came from space. I believe that the building blocks of all Carbon Based life on Earth was transported here by Asteroids and Comets. But, to be clear, I don't believe that our existence has anything to do... [More]
Comment icon #113 Posted by psyche101 on 7 April, 2021, 0:34
When we look at the history of the earth that's how it was formed too, so in a way it's kind of panspermia either way. It's also possible that life arose on earth several times before it took hold. We just have no way of knowing presently.  Interesting ideas though I agree.
Comment icon #114 Posted by Manwon Lender on 7 April, 2021, 0:59
I agree with you completely. That life could have been destroyed many times before it took hold. The main reason, I have come to the conclusion that I have is directly do to the way the earth was formed. In its early days it was constantly bombarded by Asteriods and other debris. Which means life could take hold until the surface temperature cooled to the point where water could pool. At that point the Earths surface was sterile from the previous temperatures, and a perfect canvass So to speak to except and allow the precursors life to begin the process of creating life.  In the very beginning... [More]

Eerie note discovered in charity shop jacket
4-12-2021
A woman who was about to buy a red coat from a charity shop found a rather unnerving note inside its pocket.
Humans were apex predators for 2 million years
4-12-2021
A new study has indicated that Homo sapiens dined almost exclusively on meat for over two million years.
Egypt's lost 'Golden City' unearthed at Luxor
4-11-2021
Archaeologists have announced the discovery of a 3000-year-old city situated beneath the ancient capital.
Russian official admits to staging Yeti sightings
4-11-2021
One of Putin's longest-serving regional leaders has admitted to using a fake Yeti to attract tourists.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball