Sunday, May 9, 2021
  Bizarre

Woman is planning to marry a chandelier

Posted on Sunday, 18 April, 2021 | Comment icon 13 comments

Not your average romantic partner. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Matti Blume
Amanda Liberty, who previously had a relationship with a drum kit, now intends to marry a chandelier.
Not everyone finds it easy to form intimate relationships with other humans - which is why some people, such as 37-year-old Amanda Liberty, become infatuated with inanimate objects instead.

Liberty has been in the news a few times over the years due to her unusual choice of romantic partners, which have ranged from a drum kit to the Statue of Liberty (after which she is named).

Her latest conquest is a 93-year-old German chandelier named Luminere.

"I don't view them as inanimate objects as most people do," she said during an interview on the Channel 4 TV show Steph's Packed Lunch.

"You know the term animism, it's more common in Japan, it's when people sense an energy from an object. It's not just a sitting object, it has an energy you can get to know."
"That's how I feel, it's never a moment that I'm in love."

Liberty acknowledges however that her love for objects is difficult for others to fully understand.

"I didn't understand it for a long time to be honest but I always accepted myself even though I didn't understand it," she said.

"Even now it's hard to explain because I don't know why I fall in love with objects, I can't explain it."

"But I've accepted myself for who I am and this is why I came here, because I want everybody else to just accept and be happy - because it makes me feel happy and content."

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (13)

Tags: Chandalier

Comment icon #4 Posted by Still Waters on 18 April, 2021, 11:23
I think this is old news, either that or she likes long engagements lol.
Comment icon #5 Posted by trancelikestate on 18 April, 2021, 13:11
"Hey everyone, look at me, look at me, look at me.." Her method of getting attention works I guess because here we are
Comment icon #6 Posted by Stiff on 18 April, 2021, 18:02
That's absolutely ridiculous. I mean, look at the age difference. I hope she doesn't intend to consummate the marriage as I can see her having a fair few light injuries.
Comment icon #7 Posted by kevinlea on 18 April, 2021, 20:29
That's what I call a light romance :)
Comment icon #8 Posted by ercbreeze on 18 April, 2021, 23:06
Why does the media give so much attention to the insane?
Comment icon #9 Posted by Abramelin on 19 April, 2021, 18:01
Because it's fun?
Comment icon #10 Posted by Brandy333 on 21 April, 2021, 0:10
Is that the same one that wanted to marry a brief case?
Comment icon #11 Posted by mesuma on 21 April, 2021, 20:12
This was on here before.
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienMary on 21 April, 2021, 21:06
I thought this was a joke. Nope.
Comment icon #13 Posted by the13bats on 22 April, 2021, 8:04
I used to spend weekends with my redneck buddies once this kid says to me "my dad wants to marry a goat", I said, a goat? Doesnt that bother you? The boy replied, Naaaaaaaah!

Was this note written by a Titanic passenger ?
5-9-2021
A message-in-a-bottle found washed up on a beach in Canada may have come from the ill-fated vessel.
Woman claims to have been abducted 50 times
5-9-2021
Paula Smith maintains that she has had several dozen close encounters with extraterrestrial visitors.
Claims of 'fungus' on Mars spark controversy
5-8-2021
An international team of researchers has published a paper claiming that there is evidence of fungus on Mars.
MH370 pilot 'deliberately masked flight path'
5-8-2021
The pilot of the doomed airliner may have attempted to leave 'false trails' and hide the plane's true trajectory.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball