Thursday, June 30, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Alleged 'river troll' photographed in Mississippi

April 1, 2022 | Comment icon 32 comments

What could this be ? Image Credit: Phantoms and Monsters
A family who lived on a houseboat once captured a strange image in the waters of coastal Mississippi.
The image, which was recently submitted to Lon Strickler's 'Phantoms and Monsters' blog, shows what looks like a creature's head and eyes next to (and reflecting on) the water's surface.

While it's difficult to discern what the creature is, the image is certainly intriguing.

The photograph was submitted to Strickler's blog by a user who went only by the name 'B'. The sighting reportedly occurred back in 2015.

"Maybe 25 yards from us, something bent down near the water drinking," he wrote. "I went and retrieved my binoculars and took a closer look."
"It was pinkish tan with bulging eyes, funny looking ears, 2 arms and 2 legs, and what appeared to be horns coming out of it head. It had a short round body drinking from the shore."

"From what I saw, I would swear it was like a troll. It was devil ugly."

The sighting has since had a profound impact on the family.

"I still own that property and the houseboats, but none of my grown kids will even go out there anymore," he said.

Source: Phantoms and Monsters | Comments (32)

Comment icon #23 Posted by Alchopwn 3 months ago
It's a guy in a Swamp Thing costume.
Comment icon #24 Posted by HollyDolly 3 months ago
Well, could it be a nutria or raccoon? I see what appears to be eyes and a nose. Could even be some sort of wild cat.
Comment icon #25 Posted by BadChadB33 3 months ago
I knew she got married again, but not surprised you divorced her. Smart move my friend.
Comment icon #26 Posted by HSlim 3 months ago
Well they wouldn't take her back at the animal shelter
Comment icon #27 Posted by BadChadB33 3 months ago
Usually they take them back at the farms out in Iowa†
Comment icon #28 Posted by Robotic Jew 3 months ago
The human brain needs to be fixed.†
Comment icon #29 Posted by Nobu 3 months ago
Too many guns in Mississippi. Too many people. Too many people with guns. † Itís a wild pig or just a weird reflection. Itís not someone playing a joke because see my first paragraph. And Iíd have to sadlyÖ. Say itís not a river troll.
Comment icon #30 Posted by LadyPhoenix 2 months ago
Looking at he image zoomed in, the thing looks more canid than anything else.† Wet fur, furry ears, and even the body shape described sounds like some sort of canine.† Wild pic, for certain, but I wish we had video and not just a still picture.†
Comment icon #31 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 months ago
You're not missing much, dead trees don't move†
Comment icon #32 Posted by LadyPhoenix 2 months ago
Only in the wild, but I suspect this was some known animal, just in an odd location, and not seen well, hence the idea of a "troll".† Still, I've spent some years in coastal areas, and there can be real weirdness now and then.

Total Posts: 7,286,667    Topics: 299,739    Members: 197,548