Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

'Deceased' woman bangs on lid of her own coffin

May 5, 2022 | Comment icon 8 comments

The woman had been presumed dead after being involved in a car accident. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A funeral in Peru was interrupted last week when the person who had died turned out to be very much alive.
The thought of being erroneously declared dead and then buried alive in a coffin is a scenario that most people would consider among their worst nightmares, yet this is exactly what happened to one unfortunate woman who was thought to have died in Peru recently.

Rosa Isabel Cespede Callaca, who had been declared dead after being involved in a car crash a few weeks earlier, was in the process of being interred at her own funeral when her shocked relatives suddenly heard her banging on the lid from the inside of the coffin.

Callaca was quickly rescued and transferred to hospital where she was put on a life-support machine.

Sadly, however, despite the quick intervention, she died (for real this time) a few hours later.
"(She) opened her eyes and was sweating," said the cemetery's janitor.

"I immediately went to my office and called the police."

The woman's outraged family is now seeking an explanation to how this could have happened.

Source: MSN.com | Comments (8)

Comment icon #1 Posted by jethrofloyd 14 days ago
Oh gosh, this would be good in some horror movie.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Still Waters 14 days ago
I have to wonder if she would still have died afterwards, or was the trauma of being stuck inside a coffin too much for her. Either way, it was hard on her family having basically lost her twice.
Comment icon #3 Posted by The Silver Shroud 14 days ago
This puts me in mind of a tastless joke I heard recently: I spent the morning tending my wife's grave. She thinks I am making a garden pond, bless her!
Comment icon #4 Posted by joc 14 days ago
Just another Near death experience ...  let's see if she wakes up from the permanent death that followed the near death.  Highly doubtful.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Poncho_Peanatus 13 days ago
I think we periodically hear about these people who dies and come back last minute at their funeral.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Jon the frog 13 days ago
That's horrible...how many days after the car crash ?  With all these stories, I don't know how many people are cremated alive.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Myles 13 days ago
I assume they didn't use embalming fluid.
Comment icon #8 Posted by FlyingAngel 13 days ago
This kind of clinical error should not be treated lightly and review what we do not know about death.

Total Posts: 7,264,437    Topics: 298,756    Members: 196,898