10 years on - the man who was swallowed by a sinkhole
By T.K. Randall
April 18, 2023 · 1 comment
Nobody ever saw Jeff again and no trace of him was ever found. Image Credit: Pixabay / Pexels
Back in 2013, Jeff Bush had been sleeping in his bed when a hole suddenly opened in the ground and swallowed him up.
It might sound like the plot of a horror movie, but this terrifying story is in fact the real deal - a tale which demonstrates that nobody is entirely safe, not even when sleeping in their own bed.
The incident, which occurred in Seffner, Florida on March 1st 2013, began when Jeff's brother Jeremy and his partner Rachel - who had been sleeping in a neighboring room - suddenly heard a loud commotion and a scream, prompting them to rush through to see what had happened.
"We ran down the hallway, I flicked the light on and we opened up the door and it's all we've seen was a big old hole, and Jeff was gone," said Jeremy.
With little regard for his own safety, he jumped into the hole after him.
"The floor was still giving in and the dirt was still going down, but I didn't care. I wanted to save my brother," he said. "But I just couldn't do nothing."
"I could swear I heard him hollering my name to help him."
When rescuers arrived they were able to extricate Jeremy from the hole, but there was no sign of Jeff.
The next day, engineers deemed the entire site unsafe.
In the end, the house was demolished and the hole filled with gravel.
No trace of Jeff's body was ever found.
Source: IFL science
| Comments (1)