Friday, June 14, 2024
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
Unexplained Mysteries
You are viewing: Home > News > Creatures, Myths & Legends > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
All ▾
Search Submit

Creatures, Myths & Legends

Man discovers mysterious footprints in remote Kentucky woodland

By T.K. Randall
June 11, 2024 · Comment icon 22 comments
Kentucky footprint.
Who or what left this print ? Image Credit: Aaron Thiel / Facebook
The alleged Bigfoot prints appeared to have been left by someone or something that wasn't wearing any shoes.
The footprints, which were discovered by Aaron Thiel along a woodland track near Lexington, Kentucky, formed deep indentations in the mud and clearly showed all five toes.

"The trail was about 2 miles and it was in and out," he wrote on Facebook. "Didn't see any people."

"As I was coming out of the woods on the trail I noticed a weird foot print, that had toes. Took a pic, kept walking and then saw more fully formed humanoid foot prints, my boot is there for comparison."

"Size 12. It was muddy and definitely not a path to walk barefoot on."
"And they were fresh with no water in them...it doesn't make sense to me... I'm 300lbs, size 12 boot, I barely left an imprint in the ground compared to the other print."

After posting photographs of the prints on social media, other users came forward to suggest that he may have found evidence of a juvenile Sasquatch.

Others, meanwhile, accused him of perpetrating a hoax.

You can check out some additional photos here - who or what do you think left the footprints ?

Source: Mirror.co.uk | Comments (22)

Other news and articles
Comment icon #13 Posted by Cho Jinn 3 days ago
I think the BFRO is thinking GMAFB.
Comment icon #14 Posted by the13bats 2 days ago
Sigh, My father won awards for his taxidermy work but it wasn't his profession in his hobby he made lots of gaffs, A buddy of my dad's who knew this and happen to be some kind of forest worker asked dad could he make him fake feet to strap to boots to make prints to prank people, so dad made them out of wood and the tracks looked very much albeit bigger than the ones in this thread, they had no flex like a real foot has. Being i took a look at the other pics the fellow presented and while it could have been his own foot if so he planted it straight down like a rubber stamp not heel to toe like... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 days ago
me too. it looks too perfect, to evenly pressed in.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 days ago
agreed. it looks fake
Comment icon #17 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 days ago
agreed.  I wonder how many more he found
Comment icon #18 Posted by Piney 2 days ago
Just the one he made.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Kenemet 2 days ago
As many as he would have liked to make!
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hyperionxvii 22 hours ago
Do you know how many things in remote Kentucky are not wearing shoes? All of my cousins, just to name a few. It's going to take quite some time to get the exact match.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Hyperionxvii 21 hours ago
Any of y'all old enough tor remember those 'shirts and shoes required' signs they used to put on stores? When was that, like the 70s? They only started putting those up in remote Kentucky in 2022 and they were so unpopular they had to take them down, there were no customers left!
Comment icon #22 Posted by the13bats 19 hours ago
Yeah, in the 80s we would hit Daytona and new Smyrna beaches all the little stores near the sand would have such signs but never enforced it that I know of.

Our new book is out now!
Book cover

The Unexplained Mysteries
Book of Weird News

AVAILABLE NOW

Take a walk on the weird side with this compilation of some of the weirdest stories ever to grace the pages of a newspaper.

Click here to learn more

We need your help!
Patreon logo

Support us on Patreon

BONUS CONTENT

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, you can gain access to a wide range of exclusive perks including our popular 'Lost Ghost Stories' series.

Click here to learn more