Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

In over my head

Posted on 3-3-2020 | Comment icon 16 comments

By: Tabby | Location: CA

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Ok so I am past the point of figuring out if our home is haunted. I have known that for the past 30 years. My problem now lies that since moving back here with my three kids I'm worried they could be in danger.

Most everyone who has ever spent any time here has seen ghosts. No big deal even non believers can't walk away 100% as sure as when they came. Ok so I have a few spirits that need to go. My middle child can see them just like I can see you which has caused the cross road we live on to have more than a normal amount of passing spirits.

Only a few stick around the rest seem to be just passing through. Just so you all know I'm a pig farmer not a writer so sorry for spelling and punctuation. And no it's not just humans that see them the dogs and cats do too. If the pigs see them they not telling but my geese quite frequently complain about them.
So any way my cats have now taken to chasing giant black spider things down the hallway and up the walls. And no it's not a spider unless you can show me a spider with a body the size of a soft ball that is untraceable in my home and walls except at night with no webs. For those of you who just want to argue instead of being helpful. Seeing giant black blobs shapes and silhouettes is not uncommon for us. However adding legs and running up walls is new.

Several months back my daughter ask me what kind of ghost had sharp pointed teeth and a forked tongue with the only response I had for her was don't talk to that one. Now I have copper on all three kids as well as around the room and the house and the yard as we have 18 acres that's the best I can do.

So what do I do now with the spider things and the forked tongue little girl ? Only real help please I'm not here for attention I'm here to protect my kids. Thank you.

Comments (16)

<< Previous story
Stranger at night
Next story >>
My haunted home

Comment icon #7 Posted by RabidMongoose on 4 March, 2020, 14:54
Please complete the following List: What Good People are:  (List out as many traits and behaviours as you can) What Evil People are: (List out as many traits and behaviours as you can) Now time to illuminate you. You have the capacity for both inside of yourself but because you have been moulded by your parents and society to see evil traits and evil behaviours as being wrong you dis-identify from those aspects of yourself. They get repressed down into your subconscious where they never see the light of day. When you are forced to let your evil traits and behaviours bubble to the surface (like... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by Kittens Are Jerks on 5 March, 2020, 20:59
Tabby, there have been families who were convinced their homes were haunted only to discover that the 'ghosts' they were seeing were in reality hallucinations brought on by toxic substances (such as carbon monoxide, pesticides, and black mold). So, if you want to protect your children, you should first ensure that they are living in a non-toxic environment.
Comment icon #9 Posted by openozy on 5 March, 2020, 23:58
You put up some good posts goose.The less people in your life, the less trouble you have but you don't have to be mean to protect yourself, just strong in you convictions, otherwise it would be a very sad,lonely life.My mum is the nicest person you'd meet yet no one messes with her as they can sense her inner strength,way more powerful than being mean or aggressive which attracts bad stuff that you constantly have to deal with.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Jujo-jo on 7 March, 2020, 4:29
I think I would have gone with silver (for purity) not copper and most definitely some crosses; as for the pigs not seeing them like the other animals can, not a big surprise at all. .. again I'd have to say that it's time to try cleansing with holy water especially if children are involved, I would think you'd want this resolved as soon as possible. Good Luck & thanks for sharing!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hammerclaw on 12 March, 2020, 3:05
Play recordings of bagpipes and buy a bottle of your favorite liquor. If the pipes don't do the trick, the haint's Scottish. Drink the liquor and get rip roaring drunk. Mortified at being the only adult in the house left sober, the spirit will depart.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Jujo-jo on 20 March, 2020, 22:48
LOL in my opinion... there's a reason why they call liquor spirits ; ) it's an easy in.
Comment icon #13 Posted by NinoWhite301 on 16 May, 2020, 17:43
You are experiencing a phenomena called "entity attachment". There are several posts here about night-time visitations with people having things getting into/onto their bed with them that are related to what you are experiencing with your family. People in bed might experience their sheets being physically moved around, their bed shaking, their pillows breathing/pulsing, something physically sniffing at you, the sensation of something walking on your bed complete with sound reverberating through the bedsprings. A sceptic reading might think we are speaking of sleep paralysis, but in all my exp... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by XenoFish on 16 May, 2020, 18:10
As above, so below has to do with internal and external perspectives. Change the internal and the external will appear to change.
Comment icon #15 Posted by 19_Kilo on 16 May, 2020, 21:15
Why haven't you ever taken any pics or videos of your ghosties? Since your house is such a crossroads and hubbub of spirit activity? I'm sure you or your kids have phones. Click click. Let us see one. Lemme guess why you haven't: they don't show up in pics? LOL  Till such time, I believe not a word. I caught your "tell" in your first few sentences. Shrinks and PTSD counselors call it "over-endorsing." Welcome to UM!
Comment icon #16 Posted by 19_Kilo on 16 May, 2020, 21:22
Indeed. Putting copper on kids and telling them it's to protect them from malevolent spirits is emotional child abuse, and borderline criminal.

Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter