Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please post your story up on our forum's Stories & Experiences section. Not registered ? You can create a free account - here.

Mystery 'troll' captured on camera

Posted on 4-24-2021 | Comment icon 22 comments

By: Fred Andersson | Location: Marsta, Sweden

Image Credit: PD - John Bauer
On sunday the 28th of february, my husband and I were out walking for a couple of hours in the beautiful sunshine, it felt like the first real spring day of 2021 here in Marsta, Sweden, a suburb just north of Stockholm. The area we live in is full of ancient structures: grave mounds from the iron and bronze age, old viking forts, runestones and many other things. This day we decided to walk to what's left of ancient fort, up on a hill deep in the forest behind Steninge Castle.

My husband is a photographer and there's always time for a portrait, which I'm quite spoiled with after 14 years together. After checking out an abandoned old house near the road he asked me to pose in the middle of the road for a shot, which I did. Later, after uploading it on Twitter, a follower asked me what was standing by the side of the road not far from me, and to my surprise I found a (in my opinion) a troll-like creature, merged with nature - almost transparent. It looks like it's studying my husband, looking directly into the camera, slightly turned to my direction.

Yeah, I'm aware of pareidolia and that might be it. It's very similar to the trolls of artist John Bauer actually, but also like a hunching bigfoot. Maybe my eyes just want to see what they want to see, but even if it's just a (splendid) case of pareidolia it's also quite creepy, and organic. No matter what it is I find it to be quite magical. There's something with nature spirits to me, at least I want to believe.
On our way home we also saw a strange phenomena in the sky, a bright shiny spot of cloud (or something else) with traces of a spiral shape movement around it.

A fun and cool walk, not just only for the "Steninge Troll" (as I know call it) and the UFO, but also because spring is finally coming - and if it's something us Swedes like it's a lot of sun and warmth.

The photos are in my medium text, and can be seen here:

Comments (22)

<< Previous story
My Grandfather's NDE

Comment icon #13 Posted by Hankenhunter on 26 April, 2021, 8:48
Nailed it. I'll get the lights. Well done, and good catch.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hankenhunter on 26 April, 2021, 8:52
Lol, I'd be more concerned about the apparent pair of black medieval boots of some guy hiding just to the right if it. I'm calling double pareidolia. Two, two spooks in one. Ah, ah, ahhh.* *TheCount.jpg
Comment icon #15 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 April, 2021, 8:53
Dam that's my High School History teacher, I always wondered where he went!!!!!!!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Hankenhunter on 26 April, 2021, 9:02
Yup, and another ghost is standing just to the right of it. You can see it's Olde English boots down below.
Comment icon #17 Posted by tortugabob on 6 May, 2021, 22:19
Please? Do you think we are idiots? This isn't the first time someone on UM has claimed a tree trunk is an alien, troll or a bigfoot.
Comment icon #18 Posted by ChrLzs on 7 May, 2021, 4:42
I  am  Groot
Comment icon #19 Posted by fred_mc on 13 June, 2021, 6:00
It doesn't look like a troll to me. The face resembles that of a lemur I think but this creature is standing up, you can see the feet. Maybe it is a rare glimpse into a parallel reality where another primate than us have taken the leading role. Some people believe there might be a lot or even an infinite amount of parallel realities.
Comment icon #20 Posted by OverSword on 23 June, 2021, 17:25
I'm convinced.
Comment icon #21 Posted by ClarityJones on 22 July, 2021, 11:08
What is the Swedish word for "imaginary"?
Comment icon #22 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 26 July, 2021, 23:11
Hey now! didn't you hear? Bigfoot can teleport/shift through some magical planes and stuff so may have got stuck in a tree!!

Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball