Friday, June 5, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Orb of light in room

Posted on 5-9-2020 | Comment icon 29 comments

By: ROOSTERX | Location: USA/Texas/Waco

Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 JJ Harrison
I've never mentioned this story to anyone. I am not a supernatural weirdo, but just wanted to find out if anyone had also ever experienced anything like this. When I was around 10 y/o in 1972, I was laying in my bed in total darkness. (Middle room of the house with no ability for headlights or any other such outside lights or effects.)

A ball (sphere) of white light, about the size of a Softball simply 'zapped' and appeared over the foot of my bed into the middle of the room. It was NOT a reflection of any sort. It was an ORB of white light hovering in the middle of the room. I was terrified. It sat hovering for a few seconds, then darted over to the wall at the end of my bed and 'splatted'.
It then went straight up on the wall into vertical (like a line), then came back down and went completely horizontal, then retracted again, zapped back into the middle of the room and became a sphere/ball again of the same size, then simply flew up nearly to the ceiling and vanished. I was almost paralyzed with fear as a kid and went running into my Mom's bedroom to tell her about it.

Of course, she did not believe me and said I was just having a bad dream, but I begged her to come into my room and lay with me. She did. Guess what? It came back while she was in bed with me and she almost had a nervous break down. It did the same thing as she also watched it. She's gone now, but as long as she was alive she and I talked about that fearful time, wondering what that was. It was not 'natural.'

Comments (29)

<< Previous story
Not sleeping alone

Comment icon #20 Posted by ChrLzs on 17 May, 2020, 19:54
Any questions, dear readers?† † † And all of us are still waiting for a shred of evidence ,,, from ANYONE, not just you, to come back with a *supported* claim
Comment icon #21 Posted by Funkadelic on 18 May, 2020, 17:15
Why post here if all you want to do is shoot down peoples claims? Surely you have better things to do with your life. We are here sharing our†experiences,if you donít like that then why stick around here?†
Comment icon #22 Posted by ChrLzs on 19 May, 2020, 1:27
† Because it's fascinating to watch people falsely state†I'm 'shooting down' claims, when I am simply pointing out more mundane possibilities, and also flaws in evidence collection? Because I like to test my theory that the more desperate a†person is to feel special, the more they will get upset at scrutiny of the claim, reject sensible suggestions, and think that memories (and anonymous stories on the Interwebz) are reliable and accurate? Yep, I think that just about covers it. † Anyways, as far as I am aware it's a free country (and forum) and ALL opinions should be welcomed, and considered.... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by jbondo on 20 May, 2020, 15:53
I've said it before Anything "paranormal" or "unexplainable" that happens in a bedroom is 99%+ sleep related. The OP saw it in a dream state, woke up and got his mother. They both then laid in the bed, fell asleep and because the whole focus was this orb, the mother likely dreamed she saw it. Now, that's a scenario that could easily happen. However, I am not claiming anything here. I have no idea as this one does have the potential to be more than that. Do I think it's paranormal? No, but I do believe in residual hauntings, which shouldn't even have that word (haunting) attached, since it's ju... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by XenoFish on 20 May, 2020, 23:26
Depends on the persona and the claim. 99.999999999999999% of them have reasonable explanations. Some people who post stories actually want help and advice. Others just want an echo chamber.
Comment icon #25 Posted by Funkadelic on 20 May, 2020, 23:58
I guess a lot can be put down to being in a sleep state. When†I and my ex partner saw these orbs we were just chilling out in her living room. I know what we saw, and ill take it to my grave. I feel lucky now to have seen such a thing. and I hope anyone who doubts orbs are real can witness it fore themselves
Comment icon #26 Posted by XenoFish on 21 May, 2020, 0:40
Meh, I've seen weirder and there is always an explanation.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Horta on 21 May, 2020, 3:49
I tend to believe you. At any rate, I see no obvious reason not to. Orbs, jack-o-lanterns, will-o-the whisps or whatever have a long anecdotal history. I just don't get why it's assumed "spirits and paranormal things" exist because of it? I see it more as "some rare phenomena involving light seems to exist". Not seeing any obvious links to a "spirit world",†but then again I'm a sceptic. †
Comment icon #28 Posted by XenoFish on 21 May, 2020, 9:16
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanism_of_sonoluminescence Makes me wonder if this might explain orbs a tiny bit.† Considering how noisy the world is. I'm not sure infrasound which can induce paranormal sightings and ultrasonic are similar though.†
Comment icon #29 Posted by Pink sand on 24 May, 2020, 13:20
I have seen it also. Once when I opened the door to check my twins sleeping in the early evening. The ball, size golfball, glowing darg yellow, was flowing on the sides of my twins beds. Just as I thought :what is this, it closed itself away, it's like an open eye who close. † Another Time I saw 3.they disappeared very quickly when I discovered them. Had no Handy to make a picture, it was about 3 o'clock in the morning...† There is a video on YouTube, which shows a lightning ball visiting a child sleeping,, filmed by the child's parents. That is like my experience.† †

Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter