Thursday, December 3, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please post your story up on our forum's Stories & Experiences section. Not registered ? You can create a free account - here.

Grim reaper-like visitation

Posted on 6-16-2020 | Comment icon 11 comments

By: Curious33 | Location: Canada

Image Credit: YouTube / Tom Mabe
Hoping this is the right place to post this? Looking for any insight or advice to help me make sense of my experience. So, I have always had unusual or unexplainable occurrences happen throughout my life. I apparently told my parents as a young child that there were people sitting on my bed all the time.

I have a very strong ability to read negative vibes from a person almost automatic. I sense things before they happen. Almost weekly I have events while trying to sleep occur such as my bed being shook, my pillow being ripped out from under my head. I awake to the feeling of someone laying beside me or someone sitting on the edge of my bed. But these things have never instilled any type of fear in me, never. I have always remained feeling safe, annoyed maybe but safe.
Anyways, about a month ago I was asleep and suddenly woke up to see a dark cloaked hooded figure standing at the foot of my bed. His face and hands were very prominent and skeletal. He said nothing, took a step backwards into my curtains and almost immediately dissipated. I was terrified, I jumped out of bed, turned on the lights and TV and was shaking.

I had never experienced an encounter that made me feel fearful until now. I did all the googling I could and tried to understand it. Kind of forgot about it until last night! I was asleep I think? but I remember clear as day hearing a male voice say "open your eyes" repeated 3times. I then opened my eyes and this grim reaper looking figure was right there, probably an arms length away this time. He again backed up and started to disappear but it took much longer this time then the last for him to go away.

I'm not sure why but I automatically looked at the clock which read 4:22am. I was wide awake, left my room and have been awake since. Again I feel fear from this figure, something I have never experienced from an encounter. Is this normal to have a visitation twice in a month from this type of being? I'm really hoping someone can offer some insight? I feel an irritable almost frantic emotion today, very uneasy and I can't explain it.

Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by papageorge1 on 16 June, 2020, 19:05
It sounds like you are above the normal in psychic sensitivity. From all the stories and theories I've heard, it seems likely to me that this so-called Grim Reaper type thing is something many have seen and perhaps exists as an archetype in our human collective subconscious. Why you in particular experienced it at this time I have no way of knowing from afar. Just work on keeping your overall mental well-being in trim.
Comment icon #3 Posted by XenoFish on 16 June, 2020, 20:02
Cool story bro.
Comment icon #4 Posted by SecretSanta on 16 June, 2020, 22:23
If a story takes place while falling asleep or being awakened I have to suggest hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. Please google those terms, you may get some answers.
Comment icon #5 Posted by openozy on 16 June, 2020, 23:26
I have to agree with SS above,different to seeing grim reaper entities when wide awake as I have.I have a theory that these are a projection of a premonition of doom,maybe only visible to extra sensitive people.
Comment icon #6 Posted by the13bats on 22 June, 2020, 2:46
I too am very intuitive about people, whether they are positive or negative, credible or not, my grandmother called it a gift i just see it as being part of my hyper sensitive nervous issues, just perception. When just falling asleep or waking up the brain can and does do some wild games sometimes,  just last night i was deeply out and nubnub the cat who loves to hop and dart around the room and on us even while sleeping which im used to was up to mischief. last night i was deeply out and nub jumped on my arm but this time it didnt register it was just my cat, i jumped up screaming very scared... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by jbondo on 10 July, 2020, 19:14
1. Teenager = Drama 2. Seeing or hearing things as a child may indicate very mild childhood schizophrenia.Some doctors claim this is most often outgrown and is a form of very mild autism, while other doctors say, you can't outgrow it. However, when I was 5 and we had guests staying with us, I usually slept with my dad in my parents bedroom. It was only in this room that I would hear voices. They would overlap, so I couldn't understand them and they would start and a whisper and get louder and louder until it was almost deafening. Thing was, I thought this was normal at the time and didn't real... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by openozy on 11 July, 2020, 1:38
Doctors, like puting labels on anything that is beyond their understanding and prescribing drugs for it.Most are just salesmen for pharmaceutical companies.
Comment icon #9 Posted by simplybill on 13 July, 2020, 5:23
There are two things that caught my attention: One, you said you turned on the lights and TV. If television has been a source of comfort for you in the past, well, I think those days may be over. For the last six months, television has been a steady flow of pandemic fears, civil unrest, and uncivil politics. Likewise, your  ‘paranormal’ experiences were never fearful or unsettling before, but now they are. I think your mind may be transferring your daytime fears into your nighttime dreams. That’s completely normal, considering what the world has been experiencing since January. There’s another... [More]
Comment icon #10 Posted by Darkmattermonkey on 13 July, 2020, 8:15
children and teens are more susceptible to visions of paranormal. This is reported in too many cases through our history.   Jbondo = just here on this site to call BS flags on everyone’s posts.  Enjoys talking down to anything he/she can’t explain and wants to be super negative.  Why are you on a site like this???  Did YouTube commenters kicked you out for hate baiting?   Reaper sighting or visions are typically connected with death (yes, it’s that simple).  It doesn’t mean yours or a friends or even a family member.  The death stigma can be attached to other things such as pets/animals or a w... [More]
Comment icon #11 Posted by jbondo on 13 July, 2020, 17:01
Well, I do have an extensive record of investigation and analysis of many things paranormal. In fact, city ghost hunting groups used to come to us when they wanted to verify something. Not everything is explainable, but there are usually red flags that show up. I've heard more of these stories than I can count and usually from people who are terrified. The majority end up having zero to do with the paranormal and frankly, once I do the leg work and explain their situation, the problem goes away and they can finally sleep at night. No, I'm not special. It's from mere repetition that I find what... [More]

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball