Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Moon rover failure sparks UFO frenzy in China

Posted on Friday, 16 May, 2014 | Comment icon 44 comments

Did the cold really kill off China's moon rover ? Image Credit: NASA / Sean Smith
Many have attributed the untimely breakdown of the Jade Rabbit rover to extraterrestrial intervention.
Launched at part of China's Chang'e 3 mission back in December 2013, the Jade Rabbit (Yutu) rover's initial success gave way to disappointment when it unceremoniously broke down after two weeks having only traversed around 60ft of the lunar surface.

The government explained that the rover had succumbed to the Moon's freezing temperatures, but for many this wasn't sufficient. Conspiracy theories soon started to appear suggesting that the rover had instead been deliberately sabotaged either by the United States or by extraterrestrial visitors to prevent it from discovering hidden bases or other secret technologies located on the Moon.

As if in response to these claims, a spate of UFO sightings seemed to suddenly crop up over China at around the same time as the rumors were being perpetuated. Popular state-run TV stations across the country reported on these events as mainstream news items and before long belief in the phenomenon had reached an all-time high.

"There has been a huge interest in this topic in China since the 1980s and the launch of the Jade Rabbit inspired a renewed interest in all space-related topics," said Nigel Watson, author of The Haynes UFO Investigations Manual. "At the moment China has 60 UFO researchers scattered throughout the country ready to investigate any alien encounters."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (44)

Tags: Jade Rabbit, China, Moon, UFO

Comment icon #35 Posted by psyche101 on 21 May, 2014, 6:27
Could that be why the US never went back? The US did not go back to the moon because they predicted a Rover would break down there in 44 years time? Your ideas get worse by the post. Wait. So because one rover stopped working, it's automatically aliens? Welcome to Zoser's world!!
Comment icon #36 Posted by badeskov on 21 May, 2014, 8:41
That's not true: I actually have to agree with this! Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #37 Posted by DONTEATUS on 22 May, 2014, 3:58
I actually have to agree with this! Cheers, Badeskov I Like Tai ! Way BEtter !Thats just me though ! As for the Moon, Its Way too dusty to Have My B.B.Q. Smoker up there ! Remember the U/M Party Thread? RIP Mid old Buddy ! We Miss You A Moon Load !
Comment icon #38 Posted by psyche101 on 22 May, 2014, 5:46
I Like Tai ! Way BEtter !Thats just me though ! As for the Moon, Its Way too dusty to Have My B.B.Q. Smoker up there ! Remember the U/M Party Thread? RIP Mid old Buddy ! We Miss You A Moon Load ! I have to say I was thinking the same, Thai food rocks. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Oh ohhh now we are going to get pictures of rock walls aren't we................
Comment icon #39 Posted by PamTJesseer on 23 May, 2014, 14:02
I wonder if they have badly translated troubleshooting guide to work through??
Comment icon #40 Posted by Mangoze on 24 May, 2014, 0:12
I Like Tai ! Way BEtter !Thats just me though ! As for the Moon, Its Way too dusty to Have My B.B.Q. Smoker up there ! Remember the U/M Party Thread? RIP Mid old Buddy ! We Miss You A Moon Load ! Dust schmust! At least there are no flies. Jut fire up that barbie.
Comment icon #41 Posted by hammerclaw on 25 May, 2014, 4:02
Politicians are the reason we've never been back to the moon, like the one currently in the White House.
Comment icon #42 Posted by FTW on 26 May, 2014, 3:22
travels 60ft and breaks down 2 weeks after they start using it "Made in China"
Comment icon #43 Posted by Socio on 26 May, 2014, 12:03
This is indeed very interesting. Someone or something doesn't want us on the Moon! I have herd many theories regarding this from we were flat out told not to return to when we did land on the moon vibrated like a giant bell as if it was hollow indicating it was a made structure put there for a reason, and life as we know it would not evolved on Earth without it thus the reason, and we are simply an Alien experiment.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 26 May, 2014, 12:32
I have herd many theories regarding this from we were flat out told not to return to when we did land on the moon vibrated like a giant bell as if it was hollow indicating it was a made structure put there for a reason, and life as we know it would not evolved on Earth without it thus the reason, and we are simply an Alien experiment. All those theories does indeed exist, and they all have one thing in common: A complete lack of evidence ! Out of curiosity what is you opinion on the matter ?

60 ancient shipwrecks found in the Black Sea
9-19-2017
Marine archaeologists unexpectedly stumbled across a goldmine of shipwrecks during a recent expedition.
Italian supervolcano's magma source found
9-18-2017
Scientists have discovered evidence of a 'hot zone' feeding a supervolcano in southern Italy.
Three planets to hide behind the Moon today
9-18-2017
Venus, Mars and Mercury will all be temporarily disappearing behind the Moon over the next few hours.
Man defends 'Gurning Championships' title
9-18-2017
50-year-old Ady Zivelonghi from Coventry has won the face-pulling contest for the second year in a row.
Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

How not to land a rocket booster
Posted 9-15-2017 | 0 comments
It took SpaceX more than a few tries to master the complicated landing process.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY