Friday, July 28, 2017

Pulsating red light sighted over Hinckley

Posted on Saturday, 31 May, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

Could the object have been a plane, or something else ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
The market town of Hinckley in England was the site of an intriguing UFO report back at the beginning of the month involving a male witness who observed what he described as a "large pulsating bright red light in the sky" at around 9:55pm on May 1st.

"I was just drawing my bedroom curtains when my eyes were drawn to an extremely vivid red light that was flying towards the east, very low in the sky - just above the rooftops," he said. "I opened the window to listen for sound, but there was nothing - just silence."

The object was estimated to be flying around 500ft above the ground and appeared for only five minutes before disappearing out of sight behind St Mary’s Church. A local UFO investigation group has been looking in to the sighting and is appealing for other witnesses.

"The witness is a regular astronomer who is aware of what is in the sky so we are taking notice of what he is saying," said member Graham Hall. "We want people to come forward if they have seen this aircraft or anything else unusual so we can investigate further. This way we can gather evidence and do some triangulation."

Source: Hinckley Times | Comments (15)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #6 Posted by Oppono Astos on 31 May, 2014, 18:44
Comment icon #7 Posted by toast on 31 May, 2014, 18:52
Amateur astronomer was so intrigued watching a mystery light for 5 minutes that he apparently doesn't go outside and/or get binocs for a clearer look? It was May Day, so the amateur astronomer was totally sloshed.
Comment icon #8 Posted by sinewave on 31 May, 2014, 19:55
I have a tiny RC helicopter that has a bright red flashing LED. It could easily fly over rooftops and cause such a sighting.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Astra00 on 1 June, 2014, 1:41
An interesting sighting. Hopefully some video will surface. It's too bad he didn't get any pictures of this event. I wouldn't think that this was the standard aircraft because it was described as a 'large' pulsating red light. I hope they acquire more information for their investigations. Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever. Yes, I hope that some pic's or video of this thing will surface as well.I was looking forward to seeing some of the guys here debunk the holly crapola! out of it....god bless em!
Comment icon #10 Posted by coolguy on 1 June, 2014, 4:06
Very cool this guy saw a UFO.
Comment icon #11 Posted by maximusnow on 1 June, 2014, 15:10
It may be that Google balloon again.
Comment icon #12 Posted by RoofGardener on 10 June, 2014, 8:46
Chinese Lantern ?
Comment icon #13 Posted by PersonFromPorlock on 11 June, 2014, 18:40
Just think: If he'd had a camera or the nous to go get one, we could, even as we speak, be examining a black and blurry photo of a red dot.
Comment icon #14 Posted by zoser on 11 June, 2014, 20:04
A local astronomer spotted the object and reported it to the Leicestershire UFO Investigation Network. Read More: http://www.unexplain...d-over-hinckley Astronomers reporting UFO's. I sense the waves getting more intense. Here's hoping; it's about time I saw one. I don't recommend getting too close though. Lots of people have been burned or suffered radiation symptoms. Keep yer distance is my advice.
Comment icon #15 Posted by psyche101 on 12 June, 2014, 7:12
I would've thought there would be a flood of witnesses,Hinckley is quite a large town Any tall buildings or mobile antennas or the like? They usually have warning lights on the top of them, it seems plausible to consider he might have been looking at the beacon on a tower through a telescope that was perhaps too far away to see with the naked eye?

Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs
  Brave Moderate Imam Speaks Out
  Sell it to me.
  Broken Guardian Angel
 Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon
  Your most hated argument?
  BBC - Strange Signals From Outer Space
  Diamond-shaped UFO in Siberia
California residents report 'Chupacabra'
7-27-2017
Alleged sightings of the cryptozoological creature have sparked concerns over the safety of local pets.
Our atoms came from far across the universe
7-27-2017
A new study has revealed that half of the atoms that make up our bodies have come from beyond the galaxy.
Private firm set to land on the Moon in 2019
7-27-2017
Astrobotic is aiming to land its unmanned Peregrine lunar lander on the surface of the Moon in two years' time.
3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
Octopus goes for a walk
Posted 7-27-2017 | 4 comments
As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI