Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pulsating red light sighted over Hinckley

Posted on Saturday, 31 May, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

Could the object have been a plane, or something else ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
The market town of Hinckley in England was the site of an intriguing UFO report back at the beginning of the month involving a male witness who observed what he described as a "large pulsating bright red light in the sky" at around 9:55pm on May 1st.

"I was just drawing my bedroom curtains when my eyes were drawn to an extremely vivid red light that was flying towards the east, very low in the sky - just above the rooftops," he said. "I opened the window to listen for sound, but there was nothing - just silence."

The object was estimated to be flying around 500ft above the ground and appeared for only five minutes before disappearing out of sight behind St Mary’s Church. A local UFO investigation group has been looking in to the sighting and is appealing for other witnesses.

"The witness is a regular astronomer who is aware of what is in the sky so we are taking notice of what he is saying," said member Graham Hall. "We want people to come forward if they have seen this aircraft or anything else unusual so we can investigate further. This way we can gather evidence and do some triangulation."

Source: Hinckley Times | Comments (15)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #6 Posted by Oppono Astos on 31 May, 2014, 18:44
Comment icon #7 Posted by toast on 31 May, 2014, 18:52
Amateur astronomer was so intrigued watching a mystery light for 5 minutes that he apparently doesn't go outside and/or get binocs for a clearer look? It was May Day, so the amateur astronomer was totally sloshed.
Comment icon #8 Posted by sinewave on 31 May, 2014, 19:55
I have a tiny RC helicopter that has a bright red flashing LED. It could easily fly over rooftops and cause such a sighting.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Astra00 on 1 June, 2014, 1:41
An interesting sighting. Hopefully some video will surface. It's too bad he didn't get any pictures of this event. I wouldn't think that this was the standard aircraft because it was described as a 'large' pulsating red light. I hope they acquire more information for their investigations. Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever. Yes, I hope that some pic's or video of this thing will surface as well.I was looking forward to seeing some of the guys here debunk the holly crapola! out of it....god bless em!
Comment icon #10 Posted by coolguy on 1 June, 2014, 4:06
Very cool this guy saw a UFO.
Comment icon #11 Posted by maximusnow on 1 June, 2014, 15:10
It may be that Google balloon again.
Comment icon #12 Posted by RoofGardener on 10 June, 2014, 8:46
Chinese Lantern ?
Comment icon #13 Posted by PersonFromPorlock on 11 June, 2014, 18:40
Just think: If he'd had a camera or the nous to go get one, we could, even as we speak, be examining a black and blurry photo of a red dot.
Comment icon #14 Posted by zoser on 11 June, 2014, 20:04
A local astronomer spotted the object and reported it to the Leicestershire UFO Investigation Network. Read More: http://www.unexplain...d-over-hinckley Astronomers reporting UFO's. I sense the waves getting more intense. Here's hoping; it's about time I saw one. I don't recommend getting too close though. Lots of people have been burned or suffered radiation symptoms. Keep yer distance is my advice.
Comment icon #15 Posted by psyche101 on 12 June, 2014, 7:12
I would've thought there would be a flood of witnesses,Hinckley is quite a large town Any tall buildings or mobile antennas or the like? They usually have warning lights on the top of them, it seems plausible to consider he might have been looking at the beacon on a tower through a telescope that was perhaps too far away to see with the naked eye?

60 ancient shipwrecks found in the Black Sea
9-19-2017
Marine archaeologists unexpectedly stumbled across a goldmine of shipwrecks during a recent expedition.
Italian supervolcano's magma source found
9-18-2017
Scientists have discovered evidence of a 'hot zone' feeding a supervolcano in southern Italy.
Three planets to hide behind the Moon today
9-18-2017
Venus, Mars and Mercury will all be temporarily disappearing behind the Moon over the next few hours.
Man defends 'Gurning Championships' title
9-18-2017
50-year-old Ady Zivelonghi from Coventry has won the face-pulling contest for the second year in a row.
Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

How not to land a rocket booster
Posted 9-15-2017 | 0 comments
It took SpaceX more than a few tries to master the complicated landing process.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY