Wednesday, April 26, 2017

'Shadow entity' caught on night camera ?

Posted on Friday, 4 July, 2014 | Comment icon 83 comments

Did Mike capture an entity on film ? Image Credit: YouTube / Mike Pike
A man who set up a camera to film his sleep paralysis managed to capture something unexpected.
Sleep paralysis, the phenomenon in which you enter a half-waking state during which you are unable to move, can be an unnerving experience at the best of times, but when coupled with the feeling that you are not alone or the appearance of someone in the room with you it can quickly change from a harmless curiosity to the stuff of nightmares.

This was exactly what happened to YouTube user Mike Pike who last week observed what he believed to be a dark shadow figure watching him from the foot of his bed during a sleep paralysis episode. Having described the experience as the most terrifying of his life, Pike decided to set up a camera in his room to film what was there in the event that the same thing happened again.

"I'm a rationalist and a very skeptical person with no previous interest in paranormal activity, but after doing some research it seemed like there was a possibility that this entity is real," he wrote.

Sure enough, after rewatching the footage he noticed that he had indeed caught something unusual on camera. From around the 30-second mark on the video below it is possible to see a vague shape rising up towards the ceiling above the bed having seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"I have watched the footage over and over trying to figure out some logical explanation for what could have caused the image of what seems to be a ghost, but I haven't been able to come up with a solution," he wrote.

"I am really starting to believe that I captured the entity I saw during my paralysis on video. This terrifies me so much that I can no longer sleep in my room."

Source: Unexplained Mysteries Forum | Comments (83)

Tags: Ghost, Sleep Paralysis

Comment icon #74 Posted by Realm on 28 July, 2014, 11:37
He obviously hasn't read all the other post we have debunked.
Comment icon #75 Posted by Brian Topp on 28 July, 2014, 15:44
He obviously hasn't read all the other post we have debunked. I always aware that people tend to only read the first page or just the first post before replying. My favorite was when a kid posted a video of books flying off the shelf, I went and download and brighten the video and notice strings and posted saying so. He confessed it was fake and then said he could not pull a fast one over us. We then had a self declared expert on paranormal and she replied from the OPs first post and had declared that it was legitimate with out a doubt since she knows all these things. Another member pointed t... [More]
Comment icon #76 Posted by nik-h on 28 July, 2014, 22:14
Comment icon #77 Posted by Brian Topp on 29 July, 2014, 9:53
'It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.' Even easier dismissing ALL anomalous phenomena as a lazy, disinclination to discover what 'really' happened, in the 'real' world where such things don't 'really' occur. How scientifically rigorous and open minded of you. Nicely illustrated by an instance of some idiot faking it. Now 'Scientists' - those uncorruptable paragons of virtuous logic - they don't go in for any of that now, do they..? clearly you do not read my posts since I actually do research, replicate the evidence and take time ... [More]
Comment icon #78 Posted by nik-h on 3 August, 2014, 16:50
Well your story is your own, I believe that you believe what happened but to every one else, it's a story, words. I suffer from hypnagogia and sleep paralysis. I have seen things in the dark, monsters, shadows, faces, etc. I see these things on a weekly basis and i don't even watch horror movies hardly much. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hypnagogia http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis And your story's your own which I too have no means of verifying other than your assertion of its 'truth'. Everything's 'a story, words' that's how humans interpret & communicate even in the absence of words.... [More]
Comment icon #79 Posted by Brian Topp on 3 August, 2014, 19:23
And your story's your own which I too have no means of verifying other than your assertion of its 'truth'. Everything's 'a story, words' that's how humans interpret & communicate even in the absence of words. The 'memory' is linguistic and cannot function without language. This is why no one can remember being a very young child. Major difference is i have science and research and explains what happening to me. Neither I, nor my ex-partner suffer from any of the above sleep disorders, or watch horror films. You do not need to have a disorder like i have, My point is people can still have s... [More]
Comment icon #80 Posted by nik-h on 7 August, 2014, 2:41
Ok here we go... 'Major difference is i have science and research and explains what happening to me.' Well you don't personally 'have' science do you? Science is just another cultural narrative (albeit the dominant one of our age) and is merely the set of currently accepted theoretical models posited and verified by & within an elite, peer group of individuals (almost wholly male). These narratives are then handed down to us mere mortals to accept at face value as 'THE TRUTH' without the expertise or technical means of proving or disproving them. Anyone disagreeing with this High Priesthoo... [More]
Comment icon #81 Posted by Brian Topp on 7 August, 2014, 10:01
As much it sounds intellectual, you still missing the point and you clearly have not really done proper research but google things that suit your point of view while skipping or ignoring what I had said
Comment icon #82 Posted by nik-h on 7 August, 2014, 12:14
Hahaha! Classic 'skeptic' - I haven't 'skipped' round anything - I've answered EVERY single point you've raised. Guaranteed easiest way to win an argument - completely ignore everything the other person says. BTW I have a First Class BA (Hons) in Cultural Studies and an MA in Continental Philosophy but thanks for the 'proper research' tips hahaha! What 'proper' research have you actually undertaken exactly other than telling us you suffer from a sleep disorder? Presumably you do your 'proper research' in the Bodleian Library with a quill and parchment or is it just that the evidence you cherry... [More]
Comment icon #83 Posted by antigod on 14 October, 2014, 14:20
Its quite obviously not a real video, Sleep paralysis, night terrors or waking hallucinations are nothing more than hiccup's between the conscious and the unconscious during different depths of sleep or during the waking moments, its been suggested that parts of the brain that control sight like the visual cortex and optic lobes come out of their sleep state so we are visually awake but the parts of brain that contol our thoughts and dreams and ability to control our muscles are still in sleep mode, So we think we are awake due to being able to see but we are paralysed due to technically still... [More]

Mystery of Antarctica's 'Blood Falls' solved
4-26-2017
Researchers have made a new discovery in relation to one of Antarctica's most unusual natural features.
Cassini begins dive between Saturn's rings
4-26-2017
The dangerous nature of the maneuver has resulted in NASA temporarily losing contact with the spacecraft.
Plastic-eating caterpillar could aid disposal
4-26-2017
A species of caterpillar known to eat wax inside beehives has been found to eat plastic bags as well.
Trump urges NASA to speed up Mars mission
4-25-2017
The US President has stated that he would like to see astronauts visiting Mars before the year 2021.
Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Boiling water meets freezing air
Posted 4-24-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what happens when you throw boiling water out in to the freezing Russian winter air.

Cave-dwelling spiders
Posted 4-23-2017 | 3 comments
A new species of spider has been found living in caves and mine shafts in Mexico.

The human bridge of musicality
Posted 4-22-2017 | 1 comment
A look at how the human brain perceives the concept of music and how it is processed.

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles