Monday, December 11, 2017

Group films ghostly figure on a staircase

Posted on Thursday, 31 July, 2014 | Comment icon 31 comments

An exterior view of Stanley Palace. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Dennis Turner
A paranormal investigation group has captured a strange figure appearing in Chester's Stanley Palace.
Sefton Paranormal Investigations had been investigating the 16th century building at the end of last month when, upon reviewing their footage, they noticed a strange figure seemingly appear out of nowhere on a staircase behind two members of their team.

The apparition, which appeared around half way up the stairs, seemed to glance towards the camera and then towards the top of the stairs before fading.

Neither of the investigators present in the room at the time had been aware that anything had happened until they had watched the video afterwards.

"We were informed by the curator that there was a staircase with a door underneath it, where a man died," said co-founder Aaron Robinette. "In the video, Im sat on a chair and Joe is sat on the staircase, and were calling out to spirits. Nothing happened, but it was only when watching the video back that I saw it. It appears and disappears in shot, all in front of the camera."

The video can be viewed below.

Source: Southport Visitor | Comments (31)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #22 Posted by Wolffheart on 1 August, 2014, 9:54
looks like dust particals floating in front of the camera....
Comment icon #23 Posted by Kasha on 1 August, 2014, 11:03
LOOK HERE -------------------- Oh my god it's a.....oh wait it's a bit of dust on my phone.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 1 August, 2014, 12:59
Ok, granted, for me, video footage is probably not 100 percent trustworthy, cause I don't know if anyone has done anything to it, and yeah, it's not as sharp. Of course, I can't tell, if nothing was done to it, and it is what it is. Much, that I have a hobby of photography, classes, devices and the like, I know somewhat can be done with it and what I'm seeing, there is always more to it. but with anything, there will always be more to do or not. I'm not going apebleep over it. But.......I like it. This one is given me a bit of the creepy feeling every time I watch it. make me wonder if it can ... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by freetoroam on 1 August, 2014, 13:31
Another "paranormal investigation group" who have come up with zilch . How many more of these groups do we need, they are all as equally inept as their predecessors.
Comment icon #26 Posted by deusex on 2 August, 2014, 13:34
Comment icon #27 Posted by freetoroam on 2 August, 2014, 14:00
Wow, dust particle? really? did not know there are so many experts here, maybe you should join "explained mysteries" forum. Whats the point of explaining the already explained? You can transfer what we explain if you like, but we do the hard word (actually very easy in most cases) thats where the fun is.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Oppono Astos on 2 August, 2014, 16:38
Wow, dust particle? really? did not know there are so many experts here, maybe you should join "explained mysteries" forum. If it wasn't altered in any way it is definitely very interesting. Unexplained is not the same as unexplainable
Comment icon #29 Posted by Tim231 on 7 August, 2014, 22:23
Comment icon #30 Posted by _Only on 8 August, 2014, 5:13
I feel like Christopher Columbus finally finding the video, through 3 redirects and multiple site jumping. Others may have found it first, but I'm proud of my achievement and will claim it as my own.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Nyx83 on 22 September, 2014, 5:21
By going to the big screen on my computer I can see what they are talking about . If faked it's not to bad . ( My opinion , cell phone screens just don't cut it . ) EXACTLY!! I had NO problem seeing the thing on the stairs it stopped and looked at the people that were doing the investigation at one point.It was loosing 'cohesion?' if that's the word after being there for a little then it would come partly back. I believe it's real.I do believe in ghosts BUT that doesn't mean i think every little dust particle of shadow is paranormal.

Shoes were hidden in walls to ward off witches
12-10-2017
A growing number of old shoes have been discovered concealed inside the walls of British homes.
Mummy discovered in unexplored Luxor tomb
12-10-2017
Archaeologists have uncovered an unidentified mummy within a previously unexplored tomb near Luxor, Egypt.
Woman has eclipse burned on to her retinas
12-9-2017
One viewer of August's total solar eclipse ended up with eye damage in the exact shape of the Sun.
$450 million da Vinci painting buyer revealed
12-9-2017
The mystery of who paid $450 million for Leonardo da Vinci's 'Salvator Mundi' has now been solved.
Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Pelican invasion
Posted 12-7-2017 | 0 comments
This curious pelican decided to invade the director's tent during a BBC film shoot.

113 pancakes in 8 minutes
Posted 12-5-2017 | 0 comments
Record-breaking speed-eater Matt Stonie scoffs an incredible 113 silver dollar pancakes.

Is the Great Barrier Reef really dead ?
Posted 12-1-2017 | 2 comments
Reports of the natural wonder's demise may be somewhat exaggerated.

How did the lunar landers re-launch ?
Posted 11-30-2017 | 6 comments
How did the landers manage to launch back in to space when the Moon has no oxygen ?

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom