Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Boy drains entire pond to find his iPhone

Posted on Monday, 4 August, 2014 | Comment icon 39 comments

The boy's solution didn't go quite according to plan. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A boy in Germany took matters in to his own hands when he lost his phone during a fishing trip.
The hapless schoolboy had been enjoying an afternoon on the pond in a boat with his friends when he accidentally dropped his prized mobile over the side and in to the water.

The water was too deep to retrieve the phone so the boy asked the angling club whether he could use a diving suit to swim down and retrieve it himself. When they declined however he decided to take matters in to his own hands and returned to the pond that same night armed with a hose and two pumps.

"I thought two pumps would drain enough of the water from the pond so I could find my cellphone," he said. "I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends."

To get rid of the water the teenager placed the other end of the hose down a portable toilet, not realizing that it wasn't connected to the sewers. When the owner returned the next morning he found the whole place flooded and ended up calling the police.

Despite the debacle however the boy remains adamant that his plan was a good one.

"It almost worked," he said.

Source: Metro | Comments (39)

Tags: Pond, Drain, Phone

Comment icon #30 Posted by Azznerak the Black on 5 August, 2014, 1:27
Nothing like destroying nature to retrieve your sorry ass Iphone. Stupid-ass kids. Nothing amuses me more then watching the gaggle of techno-zombies tweet about what they ate for lunch before sending their facebook friends game invites.
Comment icon #31 Posted by smokeycat on 5 August, 2014, 13:58
Did you read the article properly? He wasn't trying to save his phone, but his data card. iPhones don't have data cards...
Comment icon #32 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 August, 2014, 14:45
iPhones don't have data cards... SIM card? I ask because I really don't know. I won't own anything made by crapple.
Comment icon #33 Posted by smokeycat on 5 August, 2014, 14:53
SIM card? I ask because I really don't know. I won't own anything made by crapple. Quote I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends. SIM cards don't store pictures or videos. Maybe it wasn't an iPhone.
Comment icon #34 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 August, 2014, 14:57
Quote I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends. SIM cards don't store pictures or videos. Maybe it wasn't an iPhone. Thanks for pointing that out, slipped my mind since I read the article yesterday. It certainly does not sound like an iPhone at all. Good call.
Comment icon #35 Posted by DieChecker on 5 August, 2014, 20:35
iPhone: Understanding SIM cards This article discusses the SIM card in your iPhone, and how to use it to import contacts and other information. Note: This information applies to devices that use a SIM card. Just like most cellular phones, the iPhone uses a SIM card to determine the phone number, carrier, and features are available for the account. However, the iPhone does not store contacts and phone numbers on the SIM card. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4994 So the iphone has a SIM card, which is needed to use some connection features, but it does not store anything like personal data, or pic... [More]
Comment icon #36 Posted by DieChecker on 5 August, 2014, 20:40
Apparently there are ways to get pics and data off a totally trashed iphone, but they can get expensive and I doubt the kid could have afforded it, or done it himself.
Comment icon #37 Posted by danielost on 6 August, 2014, 0:39
Yea, but all he had to do is tell his dad HD had dropped it in the lake and ruined it. Wouldn't have to tell dad it was twenty feet under water.
Comment icon #38 Posted by delton on 6 August, 2014, 1:54
is it me or does that sound like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment icon #39 Posted by Sundew on 11 August, 2014, 14:04
One would think it would not take too long to realize the toilet was not hooked up to anything.

Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon
  Kenneth Arnold UFOs
  NOMOLI Ancient Alien Stones
  Dialogue with the alien
 Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs
  Death
  The Reality of God
  Religion
 Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History
  Pre-Columbian Contact with the New World
  Let's talk history
  Zawyet El Aryan - backfilled?
Mystery microbe may be key to origin of viruses
8-21-2017
The microorganism was discovered in the lakes of the Rauer Islands off the coast of Antarctica.
There won't always be total solar eclipses
8-21-2017
One day, the Moon will have moved so far away that a total solar eclipse will no longer be possible.
Man has a live gecko removed from his ear
8-20-2017
A man in China got the surprise of his life after visiting the doctor with severe pain in his ear.
Three-mile-wide asteroid to pass by the Earth
8-20-2017
The huge space rock is due to pass within a safe distance of our planet at the beginning of September.
How to watch the eclipse
Posted 8-21-2017 | 8 comments
Staring at the Sun is dangerous. Here's how to watch the eclipse without damaging your eyes.

The napkin ring problem
Posted 8-20-2017 | 0 comments
Why is it that any two 'napkin rings' cut from any sizes of spherical object will have equal volume ?

Why don't we use our parent's names?
Posted 8-19-2017 | 2 comments
Why do we call our parents mom and dad instead of using their actual names ?

Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 2 comments
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia