Wednesday, September 2, 2015   |   4,342 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Boy drains entire pond to find his iPhone

Posted on Monday, 4 August, 2014 | Comment icon 39 comments

The boy's solution didn't go quite according to plan. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A boy in Germany took matters in to his own hands when he lost his phone during a fishing trip.
The hapless schoolboy had been enjoying an afternoon on the pond in a boat with his friends when he accidentally dropped his prized mobile over the side and in to the water.

The water was too deep to retrieve the phone so the boy asked the angling club whether he could use a diving suit to swim down and retrieve it himself. When they declined however he decided to take matters in to his own hands and returned to the pond that same night armed with a hose and two pumps.

"I thought two pumps would drain enough of the water from the pond so I could find my cellphone," he said. "I knew the phone was probably dead but wanted to get the data card back with the numbers, pictures and videos of my friends."

To get rid of the water the teenager placed the other end of the hose down a portable toilet, not realizing that it wasn't connected to the sewers. When the owner returned the next morning he found the whole place flooded and ended up calling the police.

Despite the debacle however the boy remains adamant that his plan was a good one.

"It almost worked," he said.

Source: Metro | Comments (39)

Tags: Pond, Drain, Phone

Comment icon #30 Posted by Azznerak the Black on 5 August, 2014, 1:27
Nothing like destroying nature to retrieve your sorry ass Iphone. Stupid-ass kids. Nothing amuses me more then watching the gaggle of techno-zombies tweet about what they ate for lunch before sending their facebook friends game invites.
Comment icon #31 Posted by smokeycat on 5 August, 2014, 13:58
iPhones don't have data cards...
Comment icon #32 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 August, 2014, 14:45
SIM card? I ask because I really don't know. I won't own anything made by crapple.
Comment icon #33 Posted by smokeycat on 5 August, 2014, 14:53
Maybe it wasn't an iPhone.
Comment icon #34 Posted by StRoostifer on 5 August, 2014, 14:57
Thanks for pointing that out, slipped my mind since I read the article yesterday. It certainly does not sound like an iPhone at all. Good call.
Comment icon #35 Posted by DieChecker on 5 August, 2014, 20:35
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4994 So the iphone has a SIM card, which is needed to use some connection features, but it does not store anything like personal data, or pictures. Probably the kid knew it had a SIM card, but not that nothing was stored on it.
Comment icon #36 Posted by DieChecker on 5 August, 2014, 20:40
Apparently there are ways to get pics and data off a totally trashed iphone, but they can get expensive and I doubt the kid could have afforded it, or done it himself.
Comment icon #37 Posted by danielost on 6 August, 2014, 0:39
Yea, but all he had to do is tell his dad HD had dropped it in the lake and ruined it. Wouldn't have to tell dad it was twenty feet under water.
Comment icon #38 Posted by delton on 6 August, 2014, 1:54
is it me or does that sound like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment icon #39 Posted by Sundew on 11 August, 2014, 14:04
One would think it would not take too long to realize the toilet was not hooked up to anything.

Other recent forum topics
Forum icon
UFO sighting over Japan
8-13-2015 | Japan

Twin UFOs on patrol
8-6-2015 | England

Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio

Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA

Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA