Monday, September 26, 2016

New 'Nazca lines' discovered in Kazakhstan

Posted on Thursday, 25 September, 2014 | Comment icon 96 comments

A satellite image looking down on Kazakhstan from orbit. Image Credit: NASA
More than 50 previously unknown geoglyphs have been found sprawled across the north of the country.
Found using Google Earth's satellite maps, the geoglyphs depict a variety of different shapes and patterns including squares, rings, crosses and swastikas. Measuring between 295 to 1,312ft in diameter they are primarily made from mounds of dirt.

Archaeologists from Kazakhstan's Kostanay University and Lithuania's Vilnius University spent the better part of a year investigating the geogylphs using ground-penetrating radar, aerial photography and a variety of dating techniques.

Their excavations in the region unearthed evidence of structures and hearths at the same sites suggesting that whoever built the geoglyphs would have also conducted ritualistic practices there.

"As of today, we can say only one thing the geoglyphs were built by ancient people," the team wrote in an e-mail to Live Science. "By whom and for what purpose, remains a mystery."

The Kazakhstan geoglyphs are very similar to those found scattered across the Nazca desert in Peru despite there being a distance of more than 14,000km between them.

Source: Fox News | Comments (96)

Tags: Kazakhstan, Nazca, Geoglyphs

Comment icon #87 Posted by Myles on 1 October, 2014, 20:16
It does not mean that all the books I have have totally disappeared from the globe, There are a few very rare ones, but the rest, there's a few million out there. But I will not give you references for them. There are some things I want you to find out the hard way - seeing it first hand. That is a BS copout. You should go away if you insist on playing this game.
Comment icon #88 Posted by Calibeliever on 1 October, 2014, 20:47
It does not mean that all the books I have have totally disappeared from the globe, There are a few very rare ones, but the rest, there's a few million out there. But I will not give you references for them. There are some things I want you to find out the hard way - seeing it first hand. Gee - thanks dad. Sure glad we got you around to set us straight. I know a con-man when I hear one. You're either around 15 years old or completely delusional.
Comment icon #89 Posted by jaylemurph on 2 October, 2014, 2:48
Gee - thanks dad. Sure glad we got you around to set us straight. I know a con-man when I hear one. You're either around 15 years old or completely delusional. There's a difference between self-obsessed and completely delusional. --Jaylemurph
Comment icon #90 Posted by Starhunter on 2 October, 2014, 10:04
Comment icon #91 Posted by Peter Cox on 2 October, 2014, 10:10
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. There is no challange as there is no evidence to suggest you have said a single thing of importance, substance or truth. So in all honesty we have done ... [More]
Comment icon #92 Posted by Starhunter on 2 October, 2014, 10:27
In contributing and reading this thread, what have you gained from the topic, how would you summarize your thoughts on these mysterious lines? We know that there are similar lines, sometimes called ley lines, in other parts of the world, often associated with stone groves and earth mounds, as well as figurines on hill sides etc. And we accept that cows and machinery and whatever is around today could have left similar markings, so we don't assume that all such lines are ancient, but many are, and I'm sure many more will show up from satellite imagery. I think you mentioned that the images are ... [More]
Comment icon #93 Posted by Myles on 2 October, 2014, 11:48
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. No-one has worked hard to discredit you. You have not brought anything to the table to discredit.
Comment icon #94 Posted by Merc14 on 2 October, 2014, 13:23
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. The objective is to eliminate frauds from conversation. People that dabble in ancient astronauts, ET building the pyramids or place themselves in the ce... [More]
Comment icon #95 Posted by Starhunter on 3 October, 2014, 10:33
The objective is to eliminate frauds from conversation. People that dabble in ancient astronauts, ET building the pyramids or place themselves in the center of some conspiracy whee tehy are saving books that the pope is stealing from libraries so he can pick and choose which countries will have access to ancient aviation technology. It, literally, has nothing to do with you personally, it is the fraud you are perpetrating we wish to bring down. Why do this? Because we hate to see the easily swayed sucked into the above garbage science. I like your reply, it's upfront, not derogatory, and reaso... [More]
Comment icon #96 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 3 October, 2014, 10:50
There are four possible explanations for these lines as I see it. 1 - They're satellite orientation markers (ie "we have clear visuals on the monkey, moving onto the platypus"). 2 - An ancient culture did them for reasons known only to them. 3 - Aliens did it because there's no cereal crops nearby to vandalise. 4 - We don't know. 2 and 3 have no evidence. 1 is logical and is backed by the available evidence and 4, frankly, is a lazy cop out.

We are all living in a directionless universe
9-26-2016
A new study has revealed that, in all likelihood, the universe is expanding equally in all directions.
Is the Voynich manuscript an elaborate hoax ?
9-25-2016
Cryptographers have been attempting to decipher the text's mysterious symbols and diagrams for decades.
Police in Russia 'arrest' activist robot
9-25-2016
Police officers attempted to handcuff the contraption while it was recording data about voter opinions.
Pluto may have an ocean over 100km deep
9-24-2016
Scientists believe that the dwarf planet's interior may be filled with large quantities of liquid water.
Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Real plutonium
Posted 9-23-2016 | 0 comments
A rare look at some of the different plutonium compounds stored at the National Nuclear Laboratory.

Cute but deadly
Posted 9-22-2016 | 4 comments
A look at some animals which might look cute but can still harm you if you aren't careful.

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL

Blackout? Possession?
9-1-2016 | Canada

Golden ring eyes
8-29-2016 | USA

Shared grief experience
8-29-2016 | Scotland, UK

Sleep paralysis and leaving body
8-29-2016 | California