Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ghostly face appears in haunted tour photo

Posted on Monday, 7 November, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

Newsham Park Hospital. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 John Bradley
The unexpected extra was discovered in a photo taken during a recent tour of an abandoned hospital.
Phil Barron had been leading a 32-strong group of paranormal enthusiasts on a tour of the allegedly haunted Newsham Park Hospital in Liverpool when the photograph was taken.

It wasn't until the image was uploaded online however that the ghostly addition was noticed.

"I took the snap and then put my phone away and during the break three hours later I sent it over to the office to be uploaded and thought nothing more of it," said Barron.

"It was only the following day when I was woken by a flurry of instant messages and saw the number of comments on the post I had a proper look at the photo."

"There's been no Photoshop work - I just lightened the picture a little as it was quite dark."

The creepy face is near the center between the two furthest rows (see Tweets above/below.)

Additional close-ups of the image can also be viewed - here.

"I've seen shadows walking around people, seen a glass move on a Ouija board I've heard knocks and bangs that are really loud when people aren't there," said Barron.

"I've never actually seen a full apparition - I think that's the holy grail for most people."

Source: Haunted Happenings | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Haunted

Comment icon #17 Posted by Brian Topp on 10 November, 2016, 12:15
I said this yeas ago and I still say it now. People need to go to school to learn how to use a dslr and understand aperture, flash and various things to understand what they are taking. This is what a ghost hunter SHOULD know before going on the field. They also need own a dslr and various equipment. Sadly, any random person can proclaim they are a ghost hunter as they show a bit of smudge or photoshop a ghost as evidence.
Comment icon #18 Posted by JesseCuster on 11 November, 2016, 0:34
That sounds like hard work to me.
Comment icon #19 Posted by ChrLzs on 11 November, 2016, 5:36
Yes, and your average para-normal 'researcher' isn't up for that sort of behavior... If I can draw an analogy, I used to work at a large marine research centre. Our 'clients' ranged from lowly first year marine biology students, thru to professors from around the world. Without exception, allof those folks (many of whom were not yet 'real' researchers, but were aspiring to be..)fully understood the need to use quality equipment that was suited to the task, and they would not be seen dead using 'toys' like camera phones.. Be it photography equipment, or photomicrography equipment, or gas c... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by JesseCuster on 11 November, 2016, 16:57
Yeah, but that sounds like it might cost money for a DSLR and decent lens.
Comment icon #21 Posted by freetoroam on 11 November, 2016, 18:06
but but but...these are experienced "cough" ghost hunter hosts"cough". For just 59 per person "cough splutter" you can experience atour with an er......experienced host, like Mr Barron who took the picture:: and they have the "gear":,,, but not the correct cameras? hmm...odd! Use of ghost hunting equipment including EMF Meters, K2 Meters etc Light snacks included, please bring your own drinks https://www.hauntedhappenings.co.uk/ghost_hunts/Newsham_Park_Hospital.php
Comment icon #22 Posted by Calibeliever on 11 November, 2016, 18:32
All of that aside, it's clearly just a regular person in the shadow of the person standing in front and to the left of her. Look at the shadow pattern on the wall and extrapolate. Reading some of the comments from people on their Facebook page who took the tour and they are hilarious...at least they had fun!
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 13 November, 2016, 23:59
I agree with everyone else, it's fake.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Calibeliever on 15 November, 2016, 15:28
I don't think it's fake at all. I think it's just a normal person in the shadow of someone else. It's certainly not paranormal if that's what you mean.
Comment icon #25 Posted by AustinHinton on 16 November, 2016, 21:31
That is what I mean. "Fake" as in "not paranormal/otherworldly".
Comment icon #26 Posted by davros of skaro on 20 November, 2016, 1:06
I see some facial similarities of the main ghost face with the blonde girl (guy?) with glasses to the immediate upper left. The blonde also has a weird anomaly around their neck which looks like an out of place beard, or is it a scarf? It looks blobbed on? There's also a strange strip of light below the blonde which could be a cell phone at an angle to the camera's view. This looks too fishy fromsomeone out to make a buck, and for the other reasons pointed out by other posters here. I'm a tortured soul so let me smile for the camera that's miraculously the size of a deck of cards which from ... [More]

Mystery of Abe Lincoln's Bixby letter solved
7-21-2017
Forensic linguists have 'almost certainly' determined who really wrote the famous Civil War-era letter.
Free diver hits bottom of world's deepest pool
7-21-2017
A new video shows veteran free diver Guillaume Nery descending 131ft underwater on only one lungful of air.
SpaceX ditches plans for 2018 Mars landing
7-21-2017
Plans to land a modified version of the company's reusable Dragon capsule on Mars have been scrapped.
Today marks 48 years since first Moon landing
7-20-2017
Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong made history when they set foot on the lunar surface 48 years ago today.
Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Dog for mayor ?
Posted 7-17-2017 | 1 comment
What happens exactly when a town votes for a dog or a cat to be the mayor ? How does this work ?

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI