Sunday, December 17, 2017

'Black panther' sighted in British woodland

Posted on Friday, 2 June, 2017 | Comment icon 29 comments

A panther is the last thing you want to encounter in the woods. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Rute Martins
Emma Adam had been out walking in woods near the town of Ashby when she encountered a large black cat.
The 29-year-old had been enjoying a stroll with her mother-in-law at dusk on Saturday, May 27 when they came across a large black creature that was feasting on something it had caught.

"It was getting late, so we decided to take a torch - there was just about enough light to walk," she said. "As we were coming along the path, I saw something lying down and I was trying to figure out what it was."

"I kept looking at it, and I realised its head was going up and down because it was eating something, ripping it apart. My mother in law and I froze, and we just walked backwards. Luckily it didn't see us."

The creature, which was the size of a Labrador, appeared thin and malnourished.

"People were saying why didn't you take a picture of it, but in that moment you are too frightened to take a picture. I always thought they would be very stocky, but this was much thinner," she said.

"I don't dare to go out on a walk in case I see it again, I was looking at the laws to see what I can do to protect myself."

Her sighting is one of dozens to have been reported across the UK over the years.

Often referred to as the alien big cat (ABC) phenomenon, the most likely explanation is that the animals have either escaped from zoos or have been illegally released by private owners.

Exactly how many of them are still out there however remains unclear.

Source: Burton Mail | Comments (29)

Tags: Alien Big Cats

Comment icon #20 Posted by freetoroam on 3 June, 2017, 0:58
This bit is not nonsense....there have been sightings of large cats here...FACT. some escaped from the local zoo and some were either let loose or escaped from collectors. I have seen a large black cat..it escaped from a collector and was wandering aroind a field. Without quoting your whole tesla thing....what had any of it got to do with big cats? Lol...looks like you suddenly started posting a piece in the wrong thread.
Comment icon #21 Posted by freetoroam on 3 June, 2017, 1:24
Just a note to those thinking no large cats have been sighted...they have. there are explanations for why...as i have posted above. remember...we are not talking silly things here lilke bigfoot or nessy or even more ridiculous claims like aliens/ aliens abductions or a creepypasta invention.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Hammerclaw on 3 June, 2017, 4:58
I'm quite open-minded about it, having read the reports of sightings made by people who handle big cats for a living.
Comment icon #23 Posted by oldrover on 3 June, 2017, 12:37
I believe that 99.9% of exotic cat sightings are mistakes. But to say these things were hever there is wrong. We have physical proof. The largest trapped specimen was a puma from Scotland in 1980, although that might have been a stunt, but there have beennumerous exotic felids recovered from the wild here. How long they'd been at large though is a different matter.
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 3 June, 2017, 22:40
The bold is the key....there have been escaped cats, but they are caught - eventually. There have been reports of cats escaping from zoos, circuses and private collectors. And yes...some reports of big cats are by people who have mistaken what they thought they saw, especially when they are visiting an area which has been in the news before because of big cat sightings. Like the bigfoot and neesy stories, some people want to be one of the "few" who see the "beasts"....and will mistake a bear for bigfoot, a log for nessy and a wild boar for a panther.
Comment icon #25 Posted by The Silver Thong on 3 June, 2017, 22:45
A guy in a black hoodie sneaking around
Comment icon #26 Posted by HUll bloke on 3 June, 2017, 23:32
I have been visiting this site and the forums for a few years and have only become a member to put forward my bit. Almost 20 years ago I use to work on Markets and with a workmate was returning to Hull from Pickering Market (Yorkshire area for those who dont know the UK very well). Due to Road works we had to go a diffrent way back from normal and it included a diversion round the back of the Grounds of Sledemere House. Across the road about 50 yards in front off us loped a large black Cat (I say loped it just padded across the road in no real hurry). I told my boss at work and my mother and a... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by Black Monk on 24 June, 2017, 15:14
A panther has been spotted several times near where I live.
Comment icon #28 Posted by freetoroam on 24 June, 2017, 20:48
Will that be the Beast of Bolton?
Comment icon #29 Posted by The Silver Thong on 27 July, 2017, 18:45
Let's put out some bait food with trail cams and see what comes. I would do it but im 4000 miles away. Plus it would be fun.

Footage of US nuclear tests published online
12-16-2017
The 62 newly declassified videos show nuclear bomb experiments being conducted between 1945 and 1962.
'Extinct' mammal found alive in Australia
12-16-2017
The crest-tailed mulgara - a small carnivorous marsupial - was thought to have died out a century ago.
Glowing trees could replace street lights
12-16-2017
By embedding nanoparticles in leaves, scientists at MIT have created plants that glow in the dark.
Hurricane Harvey dropped 127bn tons of rain
12-15-2017
Scientists have managed to weigh how much water fell on Texas during the hurricane back in August.
Slow motion wrecking ball
Posted 12-16-2017 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys record the destruction of a vehicle using a 9000lb wrecking ball.

Einstein's brain
Posted 12-13-2017 | 0 comments
After he died, legendary physicist Albert Einstein's brain was preserved for study.

Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 1 comment
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom