Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Three knocks woke me up twice

Posted on 7-26-2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

By: The3rdEye | Location: Virginia

Just a week ago I heard 3 loud knocks while I was asleep. It startled me so bad I left my bed and went to the front door and peeked outside it was so strange.

It happened again early this morning. My son woke me up at 6:30 and said he was going fishing. Needless to say, I fell back to sleep. I heard the three knocks again it startled me once again. I looked at the clock it said exactly 9:48. I went to the door again but no one was there at all. My whole life I've had visions of people being in accidents and always warned them. They never took heed and accidents happened just as I had visioned them.

I've been working and a horrible pain entered my stomach and I knew instantly someone I knew had died at that instant. I've dreamed of spiritual wars in which I had to battle for righteousness. I even dreamed of two names one American and the other Foreign. This was during a time in which my hometown had someone making pipe bombs and harming people.

I kick my butt everyday for not remembering those names the next morning. The case have never been solved. Can anyone explain these strange occurrences to me?

Comments (14)

<< Previous story
Spider signs
Next story >>
Incoming call

Comment icon #5 Posted by I'mConvinced on 25 August, 2017, 8:55
Logical explanation - A person, animal or piece of machinery was making some knocking/banging type noises. Paranormal explanation - Amazing precognitive abilities have lured a demon from the spirit world which now wishes to knock on your house walls in a mildly annoying way.
Comment icon #6 Posted by sestra15 on 26 August, 2017, 19:05
One time, when my ex husband and had our first place, we used a blow up mattress until we got a bed. It was pushed up against the corner of the wall, where we used to sit at night with our backs to that wall. One night we were talking, when I felt a knock THROUGH the wall. I turned to my husband and he had heard/felt it too. We got up to go to the other side of the wall which was in the living room. There was nothing and noone there. Safe to say we did not lean against that wall the rest of the night. Why are unexplained knocks so scary anyway?
Comment icon #7 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:52
I have experienced 1 loud knock on my bedroom door, really early morning while I am still deep sleep. It is very startling, I rashly get up and see who it was, but no one and nothings there. This has happened at least 5 or 6 time now. To this day I haven't figured out what happening or, where are this knocks coming from, or who is doing them. The knock sounds so real, that I don't think i was dreaming about them knocks
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 9 September, 2017, 14:14
I know 'exploding head syndrome' is usually experienced as a person is dropping off to sleep, but I wonder if it can occur durIng sleep as well.  It might explain some of the 'bangs' people have heard in the night, thinking they were knocks on a wall or door.  No idea about the feel of a knock through a wall though.   eta.  Have just looked this up and syndrome can also happen when you wake up during the night.  We all wake periodically through the night, even if we are not aware and don't remember it.  Perhaps the waking from sleep to a loud noise is just this syndrome in play.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Celestae on 11 September, 2017, 22:37
We have an entity who knocks every night, although he's been quiet recently. We call him the tubthumper. hes never harmed us but he's there most nights when we go to bed. One night he frightened us as we were sat in bed chatting and my SO mentioned he hadn't heard the tubthumper yet and immediately there were three huge quick successive bangs on the ceiling above us... who knows what it is but it's definitely sentiment. He even knocks on command some evenings.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ChrLzs on 12 September, 2017, 4:42
Well guys, whatever you do, don't set up recording equipment as then your entity will vanish forever.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Cal94129 on 18 October, 2017, 1:58
I live in SW Virginia,  I too get awakened by three knocks out of my sleep.   They are very loud andcreal sounding.   It happens quite often.   I'm reading your posts now.   On occasion it has been one knock,  but primarily 3.  I live near WV,  TN,  KY,  and NC,  about 30 minutes or so from each in the middle of the Jefferson National Forrest,  The Appalachian Trail.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Astra. on 18 October, 2017, 2:25
I saw what you did there ..
Comment icon #13 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 October, 2017, 3:47
Just a teensy addition...  where I live we have a lot of overhanging tree branches and a family (or perhaps 2?) of possums frequently uses my roof to traverse to other trees, or just to run around on.  They often make a hell of a racket, and they will also sometimes make knocking sounds - whether to try to crack open something or just while scratching themselves, I do not know.   On a few occasions they have obviously been making a racket while I was half asleep and I waken, thinking for certain that someone has knocked on my door (brains like to 'fix' things to fit with normal experience, so ... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 October, 2017, 4:14
Oh, and of course we need a picture of the Knocker/s... awwwww..... and check out the huge fluffy but prehensile tail..

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom