Saturday, October 19, 2019

Mystery big cat prowling California streets

Posted on Tuesday, 5 August, 2014 | Comment icon 62 comments

Is there a lion on the loose ? Image Credit: Trisha M Shears
Authorities have been attempting to identify a cat-like creature spotted on CCTV camera in Norwalk.
Residents of the LA suburb were understandably concerned when the footage, which appears to show a large muscular feline walking across the road next to a parked vehicle, started to circulate the Internet.

Experts at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife have been studying the video in detail and while they don't believe that the animal is a mountain lion they have been otherwise unable to determine what it could be.

Some Internet users have speculated on social media that the the animal is a dog that just happens to look like a large cat while others have suggested that it might even be an actual African lion.

Local zoo officials have confirmed however that all their big cats are accounted for.

"The tail doesnít seem to match up to the physical traits of a mountain lion, so it is still a mystery," said Norwalk Mayor Marcel Rodarte.

Source: ABC News | Comments (62)

Tags: Cat, Lion, Norwalk

Comment icon #53 Posted by Jacques Terreur on 10 August, 2014, 9:28
if i had a dollar for every pixel in that video, i'd have 75 cents.....
Comment icon #54 Posted by Conrad Clough on 13 August, 2014, 18:04
Clearly seems like a dog to me, when it first waks onto the screen its mouth is open, tongue lolled out and it appears to be panting.
Comment icon #55 Posted by Domina Lucis on 14 August, 2014, 4:41
It's a whale! They're returning to land But anyways, I'm just going with consensus that it's a known animal, either dog or cat. (I'm kind of leaning towards dog right now, but I'm not 100% sure). If it is in fact a big cat, maybe it's an escaped exotic pet? I wonder how common having a big cat as a secret pet is.
Comment icon #56 Posted by Warrior1256 on 14 August, 2014, 18:07
The head looks very dog like when it first appears on camera. I tend to agree with the conservation officer that it's probably just an old dog. Same here.
Comment icon #57 Posted by some new guy on 18 August, 2014, 21:42
apparantly it is a dog named Buddy http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Norwalk-Mountain-Lion--Dog-Mystery-271345801.html BEST - Ron
Comment icon #58 Posted by DieChecker on 19 August, 2014, 0:24
apparantly it is a dog named Buddy http://www.nbclosang...-271345801.html BEST - Ron Very convincing! Good find. I originally thought it looked like a pit bull. Buddy looks like a chocolate pit bull to me.
Comment icon #59 Posted by quasar_kid on 20 August, 2014, 14:30
Dog? Cat? Lion? Jabberwock? Who cares? Somebody give me that reporter's phone number! +1
Comment icon #60 Posted by Ralaman on 2 September, 2014, 1:00
Millions of Illegals wash into that state every month and your surprised a lion found its way in? Please....show me a Republican in LA or someone in Beverly Hills without plastic in their face and then I will be surprised.
Comment icon #61 Posted by DropBear on 6 November, 2014, 11:46
it could be a cat/hyrax hybrid!
Comment icon #62 Posted by HMS Dreadnought on 6 November, 2014, 13:34
Very convincing! Good find. I originally thought it looked like a pit bull. Buddy looks like a chocolate pit bull to me. I love pitbulls

Creepy 'haunted' doll filmed moving on its own
10-19-2019
A World War 2-era ventriloquist doll has been filmed moving its eyes and mouth in the middle of the night.
Horror fans to attempt record vampire gathering
10-18-2019
Hundreds of Dracula fans in Ireland are set to attempt the world's largest gathering of vampires next week.
New 'invisibility cloak' is remarkably effective
10-18-2019
A Canadian company has come up with a new material that can render large objects almost totally invisible.
Divers encounter incredible underwater 'blob'
10-18-2019
This remarkable object, which is believed to be a mass of squid eggs, was found in the waters off Norway's coast.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ