Wednesday, August 21, 2019

'Yeti handprint' discovered near Moscow

Posted on Saturday, 20 September, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

Loggers have sometimes reported sightings in Russia's remote regions. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
Tales of a large undiscovered primate in the Russian wilderness have been on the rise in recent years.
When the topic of cryptozoological primates is brought up the discussion will typically center around either the Yeti, a legendary beast said to wander the Himalayan Mountains, or Bigfoot, a large bipedal ape reported all across the North American continent.

Such stories are not limited to these regions of the world however, Russia in particular is home to its own ape-beast legend - a creature known as Alma. Numerous sightings have been documented over the years, particularly in remote forest regions.

Now Andrei Stroganov, a biophysical technologist and Alma enthusiast from Moscow's Agricultural Academy, believes that he has identified physical evidence of the creature.

This evidence, which consists of a segment of tree bark with peculiar indentations, was found in a forested area in the Solnechnogorsk district near Moscow. The bark was taken from a large tree trunk that appeared to have been deliberately planted in the ground and marked with scratches.

The indentations on the bark are thought to represent evidence of a handprint left by the creature that moved the log. Stroganov believes that the find strongly points to the existence of a large undiscovered species of primate in the region.

"They are benevolent and need our protection," he said.

Source: The Moscow Times | Comments (15)

Tags: Russia, Yeti, Alma

Comment icon #6 Posted by alfonso on 20 September, 2014, 18:08
he doesn't arf get about does this yeti...
Comment icon #7 Posted by PersonFromPorlock on 20 September, 2014, 19:58
your hands are only 3 inches across? A 'hand' (width with the fingers closed) is officially four inches: a 'handspan' (width with the fingers spread) doesn't seem to be formally defined but is around eight inches.
Comment icon #8 Posted by DieChecker on 21 September, 2014, 0:03
your hands are only 3 inches across? The palm.... I guess it is closer to 4 with the thumb.
Comment icon #9 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 21 September, 2014, 6:44
say what you like about this topic, i did learn something from it. that thing being the average length (across) of the human hand. but it's still something!
Comment icon #10 Posted by quiXilver on 21 September, 2014, 7:29
Comment icon #11 Posted by DieChecker on 21 September, 2014, 19:45
My palm is 3 3/4 inches wide. That's news to me. Reminds me of this for some reason... place one of your forearms along the bottom of your opposite foot. They are the same length. Also the length from fingertip to fingertip across your shoulders is approximately your height. My "wingspan" across my shoulders is about 6 foot 2 inches, and my height is about 5 foot 8 inches. Meaning my arms are like 2 to 3 inches longer then they should be. I tried your measurement trick with my foot, and my forearm (wrist to elbow) is two inches longer then my foot's length. I'm a freak I guess....
Comment icon #12 Posted by Myles on 22 September, 2014, 17:06
Also the length from fingertip to fingertip across your shoulders is approximately your height. My "wingspan" across my shoulders is about 6 foot 2 inches, and my height is about 5 foot 8 inches. Meaning my arms are like 2 to 3 inches longer then they should be. I tried your measurement trick with my foot, and my forearm (wrist to elbow) is two inches longer then my foot's length. I'm a freak I guess.... Now you're going to have to marry the bearded lady.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Harte on 24 September, 2014, 1:45
Comment icon #14 Posted by Justice please on 16 October, 2014, 3:24
Most ladies have beards, just not the kind you're thinking of. Well, you're thinking of it now. But not before. Harte This is my favorite subject I have been studying about this for years. I have no solid proof other than my brothers father-in-law who is a Nesperce Indian from Idaho saw one closely one evening when he came from a party. He told me, " I saw this big woman with fur on, it was very late so I pulled up to her and said, " Lady it's very late and someone could harm you, I can give you a ride to your home." When she turned around she seem to look through my soul", it scared the livin... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 16 October, 2014, 4:21
a doctor named Melba Ketchum: Here you can see if for your self it could be fake you be the judge. Melba Ketchum a fake? INCONCEIVABLE!

Woman is visited by Pennywise the Clown
8-20-2019
A blood-soaked effigy of the titular character from the movie 'It' is the last thing you want to find in your yard.
Europa Clipper mission gets the go-ahead
8-20-2019
An ambitious endeavour to unlock the mysteries of Jupiter's moon Europa is finally moving ahead.
Shopper discovers a dead body in her truck
8-20-2019
A woman who had been shopping in New York recently returned to her truck to find a dead body in the back.
Elon Musk's car completes full orbit of the Sun
8-19-2019
The first and only sports car to have ever been launched into space has now traveled 763 million miles.
A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx