Thursday, June 27, 2019

'Too good to be true' UFO filmed over Texas

Posted on Thursday, 16 July, 2015 | Comment icon 199 comments

The questionable object was allegedly sighted in Texas. Image Credit: YouTube / thirdphaseofmoon
A highly dubious video showing an impressively detailed object over the US has appeared online.
The footage, which was uploaded on to YouTube just over two weeks ago, shows in extreme clarity an apparent saucer-shaped craft moving around in the sky near the US border with Mexico.

According to the original video caption the object was observed by two witnesses who described experiencing a strange vibrating sensation in the air around them as it passed overhead.

While undeniably impressive from a technical perspective the footage is almost certainly a hoax created either using computer graphics or with some sort of a small model.

The video has already managed to rack up several hundred thousand views on social media.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (199)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #190 Posted by quillius on 6 August, 2015, 8:56
Psyche, My understanding is that Jack Jones and Tony Ortega interjected themselves into the Pheonix lights story by promoting Mitch Stanley. First Jones misrepresents Stanley as a member of his Astronomy club, but he wasn't a member until after the fact with dues waived. Then acts bent out of shape claiming Barwood wouldn't call him back. Although she said he didn't leave a number or have Stanley call. Then Stanley is sent to a meeting where he claims to be shunned so his mother Jones co-worker says 'the people don't want to know the truth'. Then Ortega who was a member of this astronomy club ... [More]
Comment icon #191 Posted by ChrLzs on 6 August, 2015, 11:15
Quill, you seemed to completely miss my point....? May I repeat it.. OK, let's accept that Ortega conspired with Mitch Stanley and whoever else (for reasons completely beyond my comprehension). Pretend I completely agree. Now, where is this heading to? What has this 'revelation' added to the question of the Phoenix lights? Are they any better identified? Are Ortega and Stanley aliens, or MIB? Seriously, what is the point of all this? PLEASE take it somewhere, or explain what has been added to the conversation except smearing people's characters on the basis of stuff that looks to me a lot like... [More]
Comment icon #192 Posted by quillius on 6 August, 2015, 11:37
Comment icon #193 Posted by Merc14 on 6 August, 2015, 12:20
I think the issue here is that this is such a very minor word change that it doesn't warrant pages of analysis, especially when we have people in government claiming aliens are flying through the Phoenix sky. We also have news organizations so hungry for ratings that they sensationalize rather than investigate an event that many witnessed. Interesting article on the damage that this sensationalizing the networks do causes http://www.tvnewsche...zed-by-stations
Comment icon #194 Posted by lost_shaman on 7 August, 2015, 2:28
Gidday Mate That is not how it is reported though, according to the article, Jones called Barwood and introduced Mitch as "a local amatuer astronomer" Not a member of the club. which they hastened a process of no doubt due to Mitch's discovery. From the article: When Barwood made her appeal and the story began to appear in local newspapers, Jones attempted to let people know of Stanley's sighting. He called Richard de Uriarte, reader advocate at the Arizona Republic, as well as Barwood, directly. To both, Jones said that a local amateur astronomer had examined the lights through a large telesc... [More]
Comment icon #195 Posted by DONTEATUS on 7 August, 2015, 3:08
Stanely was just in my Shop ! Ck it Out ! Magrathea inc "Facebook "
Comment icon #196 Posted by psyche101 on 14 August, 2015, 3:10
cheers Psyche. yes that is indeed all I was doing to begin with as it jumped out at me when I read the article. I was quick to then point out that Ortega had actually got this correct however in his article the previous year and I accepted and even suggested it is more than likely just a mistake. If you look at post 181 I then stumble upon the discrepancy by Barwood which it seems you have also now highlighted. She basically says he left no number and said the 'kid' would car her but then Ortega comments later about a counter she put forth that stated she had passed on the number to Village la... [More]
Comment icon #197 Posted by psyche101 on 14 August, 2015, 3:22
Stanely was just in my Shop ! Ck it Out ! Magrathea inc "Facebook " LOL, just did that!! Not the photo I was expecting......... Impressive!!
Comment icon #198 Posted by psyche101 on 14 August, 2015, 4:01
In that article by Ortega, he gave both Jones and Stanley the same Amateur Astronomer label and didn't mention the 'club'. Exactly - which I am sure you agree is a poor way to garner attention for the club, so it would seem that promotion was not on the agenda, but rather some people excited about an obvious answer to a city wide conundrum? How can you say that is in his character? I certainly don't know any 21 year olds that attend public meetings. Anyway, this coincides with himself, his mother, and Jack Jones all handwaiving and crying about no-one wanting to listen to them. I honestly see ... [More]
Comment icon #199 Posted by DONTEATUS on 17 August, 2015, 1:53
My Fav, Is still the Stephenville Event !

Mobile network balloon sparks UFO scare
6-26-2019
Residents of Butler County, Ohio were left perplexed earlier this month by a giant white orb in the sky.
Town commemorates historic UFO abduction
6-26-2019
The Mississippi town of Pascagoula has placed a marker next to the river where two men were abducted by aliens.
Popeye was right: spinach makes you strong
6-25-2019
Scientists have called for a chemical in spinach to be added to the list of banned substances for athletes.
Footage of weird 'gorilla crow' goes viral
6-25-2019
A recent video from Japan shows what appears to be a crow engaged in some rather peculiar behavior.
Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx

Bed shaking
6-15-2019 | India

Red floating lights
6-15-2019 | Canada

A night-time encounter
5-28-2019 | Missouri

UFO flies over home
5-28-2019 | Ypsilanti, Mi

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment