Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mystery 'ape' filmed in La Crescenta woodland

Posted on Thursday, 8 June, 2017 | Comment icon 21 comments

Is there an ape lurking in the woods ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donar Reiskoffer
Wildlife authorities have been investigating the recent sighting of an ape-like creature in California.
Jake Gardiner had been walking along a woodland hiking trail in the La Crescenta foothills last week when he encountered a peculiar uneasiness and the feeling that something was watching him.

Taking out his cellphone, he recorded footage of the surrounding area in the hope of picking something up. To his surprise, when he watched the video back afterwards he noticed what appeared to be a large ape swinging through the trees above.

"You can definitely see a torso and four limbs moving around and swinging around," he said.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has since been investigating the sighting.

"We think that it's a pretty good possibility that it is some kind of ape," said spokesman Andrew Hughan. "These animals are incredibly strong and they can very easily kill or seriously injure a person because - if it turns out to be an ape - this animal is scared, hungry, out of its element."

A news report featuring Gardiner's footage of the creature can be viewed below.

Source: KTLA.com | Comments (21)

Tags: California, Ape, Monkey

Comment icon #12 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 9:42
he says he pulled out the phone to record due to hearing noise. He also stated that he did not see anything and only noticed the 'thing' when reviewing the footage... However...when you watch the he is scanning from left to right, then suddenly the 'thing' goes into shot briefly...then he instantly starts to move the filming from right to left...at speed. exactly as you would do if you scanned passed something then quickly reverse your scanning to try and capture what just came into shot briefly... he would not have done this if he did not see anything, which suggests a hoax and he didn't thin... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 13:36
Good catch quill. Also, if I am in the woods and hear something very odd I use my vision to locate and identify the source of the noise, I definitely don't use my phone camera to do it. Of course I am not a millennial so maybe this is a natural reaction but hard to believe. If it isa hoax then not well done as it seems like a lot of work to do just to catch that extremely poor two frames of blobsquatch.
Comment icon #14 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 13:56
Same here Merc, I too would use my vision to locate and identify, especially when the woods are full of noises......not sure why a bit of noise suddenly means quick get phone out it could be an ape.... If I did see one (or a UFO for that matter....) I think I would be too transfixed and not want to miss a thing to start trying to fiddle around with phone etc to film it.......but kids these days are a bit more like John Wayne and quick to the draw with their phones....they can be zoomed in filming in seconds....would take me a minimum of 30 seconds, hence why I would just carry on watching rath... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 14:31
Yep, at my age I can't opine with any confidence as guys his age (the subject of the report) were born using those things!
Comment icon #16 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 14:43
agreed.....my kids can complete about 5-10 actions on phone by the time I find the on button
Comment icon #17 Posted by tortugabob on 9 June, 2017, 15:27
Most people wouldn't start videotaping before they spotted something. I'm calling fake on this one.Nothing but a man in a cheap monkey suit or maybe a squirrel.
Comment icon #18 Posted by simplybill on 9 June, 2017, 16:38
The one time I saw an honest-to-goodness UFO, I actually contemplated running back into the house to grab my camera.I thought, "If I don't get a photo, thefolks at UM won't believe me!"True story! Lol This may seem inconsequential, but I began to suspect the young man's sincerity when he touched his face during the news interview. A police investigator would consider hisbody language to bea sign of deception.
Comment icon #19 Posted by DieChecker on 10 June, 2017, 5:48
I noticed that the "ape" appears to be moving against the trees. BUT... It appears to be stationary when compared to the branch in the foreground that comes into the scene just after. Could be something dangling from the branch. Could just be a left on a spiderweb. There are several versions now on Youtube. I took this from a screen shot. Looks like a lot of green in the fur of that ape, to me. ....
Comment icon #20 Posted by highdesert50 on 11 June, 2017, 12:15
If we assume this is legitimate, then we are provided a plausible explanation for at least some big-foot sightings. As this might be an escaped or released primate, so might some past sightings that have not been identified as hoaxes.
Comment icon #21 Posted by TripGun on 13 June, 2017, 15:41
Caesar... it's beginning.

Did a mystic predict Putin's rise to power ?
During a meeting in 1979, blind mystic Baba Vanga allegedly predicted that Putin would 'rule the world'.
New study hints at 'Oumuamua's origins
Researchers believe that it is very likely that the interstellar asteroid came from a binary star system.
Ghostly figure filmed aboard the HMS Victory
Tony Ferguson had been visiting the historic vessel in Portsmouth when he caught something strange on film.
Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Fastest people in slow motion
Posted 3-12-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the world's fastest card thrower and an amazing fast draw world champion.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA