Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mystery 'ape' filmed in La Crescenta woodland

Posted on Thursday, 8 June, 2017 | Comment icon 21 comments

Is there an ape lurking in the woods ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Donar Reiskoffer
Wildlife authorities have been investigating the recent sighting of an ape-like creature in California.
Jake Gardiner had been walking along a woodland hiking trail in the La Crescenta foothills last week when he encountered a peculiar uneasiness and the feeling that something was watching him.

Taking out his cellphone, he recorded footage of the surrounding area in the hope of picking something up. To his surprise, when he watched the video back afterwards he noticed what appeared to be a large ape swinging through the trees above.

"You can definitely see a torso and four limbs moving around and swinging around," he said.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has since been investigating the sighting.

"We think that it's a pretty good possibility that it is some kind of ape," said spokesman Andrew Hughan. "These animals are incredibly strong and they can very easily kill or seriously injure a person because - if it turns out to be an ape - this animal is scared, hungry, out of its element."

A news report featuring Gardiner's footage of the creature can be viewed below.

Source: KTLA.com | Comments (21)

Tags: California, Ape, Monkey

Comment icon #12 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 9:42
he says he pulled out the phone to record due to hearing noise. He also stated that he did not see anything and only noticed the 'thing' when reviewing the footage... However...when you watch the he is scanning from left to right, then suddenly the 'thing' goes into shot briefly...then he instantly starts to move the filming from right to left...at speed. exactly as you would do if you scanned passed something then quickly reverse your scanning to try and capture what just came into shot briefly... he would not have done this if he did not see anything, which suggests a hoax and he didn't thin... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 13:36
Good catch quill. Also, if I am in the woods and hear something very odd I use my vision to locate and identify the source of the noise, I definitely don't use my phone camera to do it. Of course I am not a millennial so maybe this is a natural reaction but hard to believe. If it isa hoax then not well done as it seems like a lot of work to do just to catch that extremely poor two frames of blobsquatch.
Comment icon #14 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 13:56
Same here Merc, I too would use my vision to locate and identify, especially when the woods are full of noises......not sure why a bit of noise suddenly means quick get phone out it could be an ape.... If I did see one (or a UFO for that matter....) I think I would be too transfixed and not want to miss a thing to start trying to fiddle around with phone etc to film it.......but kids these days are a bit more like John Wayne and quick to the draw with their phones....they can be zoomed in filming in seconds....would take me a minimum of 30 seconds, hence why I would just carry on watching rath... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by Merc14 on 9 June, 2017, 14:31
Yep, at my age I can't opine with any confidence as guys his age (the subject of the report) were born using those things!
Comment icon #16 Posted by quillius on 9 June, 2017, 14:43
agreed.....my kids can complete about 5-10 actions on phone by the time I find the on button
Comment icon #17 Posted by tortugabob on 9 June, 2017, 15:27
Most people wouldn't start videotaping before they spotted something. I'm calling fake on this one.Nothing but a man in a cheap monkey suit or maybe a squirrel.
Comment icon #18 Posted by simplybill on 9 June, 2017, 16:38
The one time I saw an honest-to-goodness UFO, I actually contemplated running back into the house to grab my camera.I thought, "If I don't get a photo, thefolks at UM won't believe me!"True story! Lol This may seem inconsequential, but I began to suspect the young man's sincerity when he touched his face during the news interview. A police investigator would consider hisbody language to bea sign of deception.
Comment icon #19 Posted by DieChecker on 10 June, 2017, 5:48
I noticed that the "ape" appears to be moving against the trees. BUT... It appears to be stationary when compared to the branch in the foreground that comes into the scene just after. Could be something dangling from the branch. Could just be a left on a spiderweb. There are several versions now on Youtube. I took this from a screen shot. Looks like a lot of green in the fur of that ape, to me. ....
Comment icon #20 Posted by highdesert50 on 11 June, 2017, 12:15
If we assume this is legitimate, then we are provided a plausible explanation for at least some big-foot sightings. As this might be an escaped or released primate, so might some past sightings that have not been identified as hoaxes.
Comment icon #21 Posted by TripGun on 13 June, 2017, 15:41
Caesar... it's beginning.

$17B 'holy grail of shipwrecks' discovered
5-22-2018
The long-lost 300-year-old Spanish galleon was found with the help of an autonomous underwater vehicle.
Man 'being followed by a pig' calls the police
5-22-2018
Police in Ohio were shocked to discover that a call about a pig following a man home was actually genuine.
It's official - Hitler really did die in 1945
5-21-2018
A recent analysis of Hitler's teeth has confirmed once and for all that he did not fake his own death.
Interstellar interloper found near Jupiter
5-21-2018
An asteroid believed to be from another solar system has been found orbiting the Sun in the wrong direction.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 6 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 2 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA