Sunday, February 18, 2018

'Black mist' filmed in 'haunted' hotel room

Posted on Sunday, 13 August, 2017 | Comment icon 38 comments

Does James Campbell's ghost still haunt this room ? Image Credit: YouTube / Strange Town
Paranormal investigators caught footage of the phenomenon at the Magnolia Hotel in South Texas.
Paranormal enthusiasts Billy Driver and Mark Morrow, whose investigation series 'Strange Town' can be found on YouTube, had been trying to capture evidence of ghosts when the anomalies occurred.

The room, which is known as the 'Campbell Room', was named after James Campbell, the original owner of the property. Legend has it that he was killed by Comanches back in the 19th century and sightings of his ghost at the hotel have been widely reported by visitors ever since.

The new footage, which can be viewed below, shows a strange mist-like phenomenon that can be seen fogging up the lens of the camera several times throughout the two-minute clip.

Whether or not this constitutes evidence of a haunting however remains a matter of debate.

Source: krem.com | Comments (38)

Tags: Mist, Ghost, Paranormal

Comment icon #29 Posted by seanjo on 15 August, 2017, 12:21
Vape smoke...
Comment icon #30 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:56
Why so quick and easy to dismiss this as fake? Maybe it's real? How can anyone be sure someone must be smoking? Was there some evidenceI missed? This has me curious.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Timonthy on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
Most don't dismiss it as fake, just a crappy attempt to say something that is completely mundane is paranormal.
Comment icon #32 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
How do you know for SURE it wasn't paranormal? If you can't prove someone was indeed smoking, then...
Comment icon #33 Posted by Cocidius on 17 August, 2017, 17:37
Rather than asking why people are sure its not paranormal, you should ask why people assume something as mundane as what appears to be akin to cigarette smoke IS paranormal?
Comment icon #34 Posted by seanjo on 18 August, 2017, 12:50
Ochams razor ffs.
Comment icon #35 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:22
seems like someone burnt the egg bacon fry up, and tried the sizzling fry up again after 10 mins
Comment icon #36 Posted by I'mConvinced on 10 September, 2017, 10:02
I can't prove that you aren't a MIB shape-shifting super dimensional alien either. I can however use Occam's razor to select the likeliest answer from the above and 'just another human'. Let's just say that I'm going to need to see an inter-dimensional passport.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Agent Homicide on 19 November, 2017, 6:59
This is not accurate. For being a paranormal mystery solver for 3 years, this is just edited in. The misty white looking stuff that's very close to the lens is most likely dust. The black mist, is obviously edited in. If I am mistaken, please contact me so I will be able to see my mistakes.
Comment icon #38 Posted by thefourthhaunting on 22 November, 2017, 15:31
I have far too many questions I'd need to have answered before I'd even attempt to digest this as paranormal. I carry out paranormal investigations of my own and debunk as much as possible before assuming paranormal - think normal before paranormal. I am not saying this is fake or not paranormal in the slightest, but I'd need answers to many variables beforehand.

Hunt for Earth 2.0 yields 95 new exoplanets
2-18-2018
A renewed hunt for Earth-like worlds has yielded a haul of 95 previously undiscovered extrasolar planets.
Scientists create human-sheep hybrid embryos
2-18-2018
The research aims to solve donor organ shortages by making it possible to grow human organs inside sheep.
Woman sues California over Bigfoot sighting
2-18-2018
Claudia Ackley has taken it upon herself to sue the state for refusing to acknowledge the existence of Bigfoot.
Man gets trapped down a sewer for three days
2-17-2018
The unfortunate man spent several days scrambling around the sewerage system looking for a way out.
Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

The British flying Jeep
Posted 2-3-2018 | 0 comments
The British military reportedly developed a prototype flying car all the way back in 1942.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana