Saturday, June 25, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Ghosts & Hauntings

'Black mist' filmed in 'haunted' hotel room

August 13, 2017 | Comment icon 34 comments

Does James Campbell's ghost still haunt this room ? Image Credit: YouTube / Strange Town
Paranormal investigators caught footage of the phenomenon at the Magnolia Hotel in South Texas.
Paranormal enthusiasts Billy Driver and Mark Morrow, whose investigation series 'Strange Town' can be found on YouTube, had been trying to capture evidence of ghosts when the anomalies occurred.

The room, which is known as the 'Campbell Room', was named after James Campbell, the original owner of the property. Legend has it that he was killed by Comanches back in the 19th century and sightings of his ghost at the hotel have been widely reported by visitors ever since.
The new footage, which can be viewed below, shows a strange mist-like phenomenon that can be seen fogging up the lens of the camera several times throughout the two-minute clip.

Whether or not this constitutes evidence of a haunting however remains a matter of debate.

Source: krem.com | Comments (34)

Comment icon #25 Posted by Crystal Rose 5 years ago
The black mist looks as if I'd is a shadow of the white mist.... just my observation.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Farmer77 5 years ago
Left side of the screen
Comment icon #27 Posted by DragonFire22 5 years ago
Why so quick and easy to dismiss this as fake? Maybe it's real? How can anyone be sure someone must be smoking? Was there some evidenceI missed? This has me curious.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Timonthy 5 years ago
Most don't dismiss it as fake, just a crappy attempt to say something that is completely mundane is paranormal.
Comment icon #29 Posted by DragonFire22 5 years ago
How do you know for SURE it wasn't paranormal? If you can't prove someone was indeed smoking, then...
Comment icon #30 Posted by Cocidius 5 years ago
Rather than asking why people are sure its not paranormal, you should ask why people assume something as mundane as what appears to be akin to cigarette smoke IS paranormal?
Comment icon #31 Posted by MissJatti 5 years ago
seems like someone burnt the egg bacon fry up, and tried the sizzling fry up again after 10 mins
Comment icon #32 Posted by I'mConvinced 5 years ago
I can't prove that you aren't a MIB shape-shifting super dimensional alien either. I can however use Occam's razor to select the likeliest answer from the above and 'just another human'. Let's just say that I'm going to need to see an inter-dimensional passport.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Agent Homicide 5 years ago
This is not accurate. For being a paranormal mystery solver for 3 years, this is just edited in. The misty white looking stuff that's very close to the lens is most likely dust. The black mist, is obviously edited in. If I am mistaken, please contact me so I will be able to see my mistakes.
Comment icon #34 Posted by thefourthhaunting 5 years ago
I have far too many questions I'd need to have answered before I'd even attempt to digest this as paranormal. I carry out paranormal investigations of my own and debunk as much as possible before assuming paranormal - think normal before paranormal. I am not saying this is fake or not paranormal in the slightest, but I'd need answers to many variables beforehand.

Total Posts: 7,283,774    Topics: 299,656    Members: 197,502