Monday, November 19, 2018

'Black mist' filmed in 'haunted' hotel room

Posted on Sunday, 13 August, 2017 | Comment icon 38 comments

Does James Campbell's ghost still haunt this room ? Image Credit: YouTube / Strange Town
Paranormal investigators caught footage of the phenomenon at the Magnolia Hotel in South Texas.
Paranormal enthusiasts Billy Driver and Mark Morrow, whose investigation series 'Strange Town' can be found on YouTube, had been trying to capture evidence of ghosts when the anomalies occurred.

The room, which is known as the 'Campbell Room', was named after James Campbell, the original owner of the property. Legend has it that he was killed by Comanches back in the 19th century and sightings of his ghost at the hotel have been widely reported by visitors ever since.

The new footage, which can be viewed below, shows a strange mist-like phenomenon that can be seen fogging up the lens of the camera several times throughout the two-minute clip.

Whether or not this constitutes evidence of a haunting however remains a matter of debate.

Source: krem.com | Comments (38)

Tags: Mist, Ghost, Paranormal

Comment icon #29 Posted by seanjo on 15 August, 2017, 12:21
Vape smoke...
Comment icon #30 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:56
Why so quick and easy to dismiss this as fake? Maybe it's real? How can anyone be sure someone must be smoking? Was there some evidenceI missed? This has me curious.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Timonthy on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
Most don't dismiss it as fake, just a crappy attempt to say something that is completely mundane is paranormal.
Comment icon #32 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
How do you know for SURE it wasn't paranormal? If you can't prove someone was indeed smoking, then...
Comment icon #33 Posted by Cocidius on 17 August, 2017, 17:37
Rather than asking why people are sure its not paranormal, you should ask why people assume something as mundane as what appears to be akin to cigarette smoke IS paranormal?
Comment icon #34 Posted by seanjo on 18 August, 2017, 12:50
Ochams razor ffs.
Comment icon #35 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:22
seems like someone burnt the egg bacon fry up, and tried the sizzling fry up again after 10 mins
Comment icon #36 Posted by I'mConvinced on 10 September, 2017, 10:02
I can't prove that you aren't a MIB shape-shifting super dimensional alien either. I can however use Occam's razor to select the likeliest answer from the above and 'just another human'. Let's just say that I'm going to need to see an inter-dimensional passport.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Agent Homicide on 19 November, 2017, 6:59
This is not accurate. For being a paranormal mystery solver for 3 years, this is just edited in. The misty white looking stuff that's very close to the lens is most likely dust. The black mist, is obviously edited in. If I am mistaken, please contact me so I will be able to see my mistakes.
Comment icon #38 Posted by thefourthhaunting on 22 November, 2017, 15:31
I have far too many questions I'd need to have answered before I'd even attempt to digest this as paranormal. I carry out paranormal investigations of my own and debunk as much as possible before assuming paranormal - think normal before paranormal. I am not saying this is fake or not paranormal in the slightest, but I'd need answers to many variables beforehand.

Parrot mimicking fire alarm fools firefighters
11-18-2018
A parrot with the uncanny ability to replicate the sound of a fire alarm prompted an emergency call-out recently.
Hiking scientist discovers bizarre new microbes
11-18-2018
The organisms, which sit on a 'major new branch' of the tree of life, were found in woodland in Nova Scotia.
Lockheed begins work on new supersonic plane
11-17-2018
The futuristic X-59 will be able to travel at supersonic speeds without producing a deafening sonic boom.
Galaxy cluster looks like the USS Enterprise
11-17-2018
NASA has shared an image of a distant galaxy cluster that looks quite a bit like the iconic Star Trek vessel.
The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

The colors of autumn
Posted 10-31-2018 | 1 comment
Taking a moment to appreciate the colors and atmosphere of autumn.

Faster than a calculator
Posted 10-26-2018 | 2 comments
'Mathemagician' Arthur Benjamin shows off his amazing mathematical skills.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York