Saturday, May 26, 2018

'Black mist' filmed in 'haunted' hotel room

Posted on Sunday, 13 August, 2017 | Comment icon 38 comments

Does James Campbell's ghost still haunt this room ? Image Credit: YouTube / Strange Town
Paranormal investigators caught footage of the phenomenon at the Magnolia Hotel in South Texas.
Paranormal enthusiasts Billy Driver and Mark Morrow, whose investigation series 'Strange Town' can be found on YouTube, had been trying to capture evidence of ghosts when the anomalies occurred.

The room, which is known as the 'Campbell Room', was named after James Campbell, the original owner of the property. Legend has it that he was killed by Comanches back in the 19th century and sightings of his ghost at the hotel have been widely reported by visitors ever since.

The new footage, which can be viewed below, shows a strange mist-like phenomenon that can be seen fogging up the lens of the camera several times throughout the two-minute clip.

Whether or not this constitutes evidence of a haunting however remains a matter of debate.

Source: krem.com | Comments (38)

Tags: Mist, Ghost, Paranormal

Comment icon #29 Posted by seanjo on 15 August, 2017, 12:21
Vape smoke...
Comment icon #30 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:56
Why so quick and easy to dismiss this as fake? Maybe it's real? How can anyone be sure someone must be smoking? Was there some evidenceI missed? This has me curious.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Timonthy on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
Most don't dismiss it as fake, just a crappy attempt to say something that is completely mundane is paranormal.
Comment icon #32 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
How do you know for SURE it wasn't paranormal? If you can't prove someone was indeed smoking, then...
Comment icon #33 Posted by Cocidius on 17 August, 2017, 17:37
Rather than asking why people are sure its not paranormal, you should ask why people assume something as mundane as what appears to be akin to cigarette smoke IS paranormal?
Comment icon #34 Posted by seanjo on 18 August, 2017, 12:50
Ochams razor ffs.
Comment icon #35 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:22
seems like someone burnt the egg bacon fry up, and tried the sizzling fry up again after 10 mins
Comment icon #36 Posted by I'mConvinced on 10 September, 2017, 10:02
I can't prove that you aren't a MIB shape-shifting super dimensional alien either. I can however use Occam's razor to select the likeliest answer from the above and 'just another human'. Let's just say that I'm going to need to see an inter-dimensional passport.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Agent Homicide on 19 November, 2017, 6:59
This is not accurate. For being a paranormal mystery solver for 3 years, this is just edited in. The misty white looking stuff that's very close to the lens is most likely dust. The black mist, is obviously edited in. If I am mistaken, please contact me so I will be able to see my mistakes.
Comment icon #38 Posted by thefourthhaunting on 22 November, 2017, 15:31
I have far too many questions I'd need to have answered before I'd even attempt to digest this as paranormal. I carry out paranormal investigations of my own and debunk as much as possible before assuming paranormal - think normal before paranormal. I am not saying this is fake or not paranormal in the slightest, but I'd need answers to many variables beforehand.

6190001

Dinosaur asteroid wiped out most bird species
5-26-2018
According to a new study, only a few select bird species survived the asteroid strike that wiped out the dinosaurs.
Huge canyons discovered beneath Antarctica
5-25-2018
Giant troughs running for hundreds of kilometers have been found deep beneath the ice at the South Pole.
Canberra man falls victim to 'curse of Uluru'
5-25-2018
A man who took home a piece of Australia's famous Ayers Rock believes that he has fallen under its curse.
Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70
5-25-2018
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
The Galton Board
Posted 5-25-2018 | 0 comments
How do the balls in a Galton Board end up forming a seemingly pre-determined pattern?

Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 9 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 3 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA