Sunday, August 19, 2018

'Black mist' filmed in 'haunted' hotel room

Posted on Sunday, 13 August, 2017 | Comment icon 38 comments

Does James Campbell's ghost still haunt this room ? Image Credit: YouTube / Strange Town
Paranormal investigators caught footage of the phenomenon at the Magnolia Hotel in South Texas.
Paranormal enthusiasts Billy Driver and Mark Morrow, whose investigation series 'Strange Town' can be found on YouTube, had been trying to capture evidence of ghosts when the anomalies occurred.

The room, which is known as the 'Campbell Room', was named after James Campbell, the original owner of the property. Legend has it that he was killed by Comanches back in the 19th century and sightings of his ghost at the hotel have been widely reported by visitors ever since.

The new footage, which can be viewed below, shows a strange mist-like phenomenon that can be seen fogging up the lens of the camera several times throughout the two-minute clip.

Whether or not this constitutes evidence of a haunting however remains a matter of debate.

Source: krem.com | Comments (38)

Tags: Mist, Ghost, Paranormal

Comment icon #29 Posted by seanjo on 15 August, 2017, 12:21
Vape smoke...
Comment icon #30 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:56
Why so quick and easy to dismiss this as fake? Maybe it's real? How can anyone be sure someone must be smoking? Was there some evidenceI missed? This has me curious.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Timonthy on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
Most don't dismiss it as fake, just a crappy attempt to say something that is completely mundane is paranormal.
Comment icon #32 Posted by DragonFire22 on 17 August, 2017, 6:58
How do you know for SURE it wasn't paranormal? If you can't prove someone was indeed smoking, then...
Comment icon #33 Posted by Cocidius on 17 August, 2017, 17:37
Rather than asking why people are sure its not paranormal, you should ask why people assume something as mundane as what appears to be akin to cigarette smoke IS paranormal?
Comment icon #34 Posted by seanjo on 18 August, 2017, 12:50
Ochams razor ffs.
Comment icon #35 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:22
seems like someone burnt the egg bacon fry up, and tried the sizzling fry up again after 10 mins
Comment icon #36 Posted by I'mConvinced on 10 September, 2017, 10:02
I can't prove that you aren't a MIB shape-shifting super dimensional alien either. I can however use Occam's razor to select the likeliest answer from the above and 'just another human'. Let's just say that I'm going to need to see an inter-dimensional passport.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Agent Homicide on 19 November, 2017, 6:59
This is not accurate. For being a paranormal mystery solver for 3 years, this is just edited in. The misty white looking stuff that's very close to the lens is most likely dust. The black mist, is obviously edited in. If I am mistaken, please contact me so I will be able to see my mistakes.
Comment icon #38 Posted by thefourthhaunting on 22 November, 2017, 15:31
I have far too many questions I'd need to have answered before I'd even attempt to digest this as paranormal. I carry out paranormal investigations of my own and debunk as much as possible before assuming paranormal - think normal before paranormal. I am not saying this is fake or not paranormal in the slightest, but I'd need answers to many variables beforehand.

3,200-year-old cheese discovered in Egypt
8-19-2018
A strange white substance found inside a broken jar from an ancient tomb has turned out to be cheese.
Germany has no plan in the event of ET contact
8-19-2018
The German government has 'no plans or protocol' to deal with the possibility of contact with extraterrestrials.
Mystery space plane nears one year in orbit
8-19-2018
The US military's mysterious X-37B has spent almost a year in space on its latest secretive mission.
Earth may have several orbiting 'mini-moons'
8-18-2018
Scientists have discovered that the Moon may not be the only natural satellite in orbit around our planet.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas