Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Woman 'predicts the future' using asparagus

Posted on Monday, 8 January, 2018 | Comment icon 16 comments

Can asparagus tell the future ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Kylie solong
61-year-old Jemima Packington from Evesham, England claims to be the world's only known 'asparamancer'.
Move over Nostradamus - it turns out that the 16th-century seer, who has been credited with making several accurate predictions about the future, may have some contemporary competition.

Packington, who claims to have successfully predicted a number of events ranging from the financial crisis to British tennis champion Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, makes her predictions by throwing handfuls of asparagus in to the air and interpreting the way in which it lands on the ground.

"I take what I do seriously, but I never take myself seriously," she says. "When I cast the asparagus, it creates patterns and it is the patterns I interpret."

"I'm usually about 80% to 90% accurate with my predictions."

For 2018, her predictions include the stepping down of UK Prime Minister Theresa May, a spate of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions around the world, a string of political scandals and a significant downturn in the economies of several countries.

She also predicts that the US government will bring the world to the brink of major conflict.

"Occasionally I get one slightly off... but I'm never far off," she says.

Source: Angle News | Comments (16)

Tags: Asparagus

Comment icon #7 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:48
And I'm a woman who can tell you why this happens! It's because asparagusic acid is metabolized into other sulfur-containing compounds, most specifically this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanethiol *science teachers can sorta tell the future too*
Comment icon #8 Posted by LV-426 on 8 January, 2018, 20:50
"For example, she said it would rain in the summer, and the UK ended up having the 11th wettest summer on record." Anyone who lives in Britain could have predicted this one... with or without mystic vegetables
Comment icon #9 Posted by joc on 8 January, 2018, 20:55
Who knew! I am in your debt for that jewel of wisdom!  ...hmmm highly flammable....note to self:
Comment icon #10 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:59
Feel free to tell everyone...oh, and no flatulence near an open flame!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Timonthy on 9 January, 2018, 0:12
Where’s the fun in that!?
Comment icon #12 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:38
You predicter you...
Comment icon #13 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:40
It is like in SA where the ancestors of some  cultures throw bones to predict...every culture has something to contribute to the prediction era
Comment icon #14 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:44
Can't get that picture out of my head of you going to the bathroom with a lit cigarette....and q the asparagus wee...oh my soul...it is funny in my head!
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sooth Sayer on 9 January, 2018, 6:01
Can someone please asparagus from this story?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 9 January, 2018, 7:18
That one almost have the same color and texture as Trumps hair...I predict that will continue...

'Miracle house' has oil oozing from its walls
8-21-2018
Situated in Sydney, Australia, the house has gained a reputation for helping couples conceive children.
World's oldest known alligator is in his 80s
8-20-2018
An alligator named Muja, who lives in Belgrade Zoo, is considered to be the oldest alligator in captivity.
Eerie human-like robot turns out to be a fake
8-20-2018
A video showing a life-like humanoid robot walking up a driveway has been causing quite a stir online recently.
UFO reports have been in decline since 2014
8-20-2018
The number of people reporting sightings of UFOs has been in sharp decline and nobody is quite sure why.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas