Saturday, February 17, 2018

Woman 'predicts the future' using asparagus

Posted on Monday, 8 January, 2018 | Comment icon 16 comments

Can asparagus tell the future ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Kylie solong
61-year-old Jemima Packington from Evesham, England claims to be the world's only known 'asparamancer'.
Move over Nostradamus - it turns out that the 16th-century seer, who has been credited with making several accurate predictions about the future, may have some contemporary competition.

Packington, who claims to have successfully predicted a number of events ranging from the financial crisis to British tennis champion Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, makes her predictions by throwing handfuls of asparagus in to the air and interpreting the way in which it lands on the ground.

"I take what I do seriously, but I never take myself seriously," she says. "When I cast the asparagus, it creates patterns and it is the patterns I interpret."

"I'm usually about 80% to 90% accurate with my predictions."

For 2018, her predictions include the stepping down of UK Prime Minister Theresa May, a spate of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions around the world, a string of political scandals and a significant downturn in the economies of several countries.

She also predicts that the US government will bring the world to the brink of major conflict.

"Occasionally I get one slightly off... but I'm never far off," she says.

Source: Angle News | Comments (16)

Tags: Asparagus

Comment icon #7 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:48
And I'm a woman who can tell you why this happens! It's because asparagusic acid is metabolized into other sulfur-containing compounds, most specifically this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanethiol *science teachers can sorta tell the future too*
Comment icon #8 Posted by LV-426 on 8 January, 2018, 20:50
"For example, she said it would rain in the summer, and the UK ended up having the 11th wettest summer on record." Anyone who lives in Britain could have predicted this one... with or without mystic vegetables
Comment icon #9 Posted by joc on 8 January, 2018, 20:55
Who knew! I am in your debt for that jewel of wisdom!  ...hmmm highly flammable....note to self:
Comment icon #10 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:59
Feel free to tell everyone...oh, and no flatulence near an open flame!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Timonthy on 9 January, 2018, 0:12
Where’s the fun in that!?
Comment icon #12 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:38
You predicter you...
Comment icon #13 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:40
It is like in SA where the ancestors of some  cultures throw bones to predict...every culture has something to contribute to the prediction era
Comment icon #14 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:44
Can't get that picture out of my head of you going to the bathroom with a lit cigarette....and q the asparagus wee...oh my soul...it is funny in my head!
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sooth Sayer on 9 January, 2018, 6:01
Can someone please asparagus from this story?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 9 January, 2018, 7:18
That one almost have the same color and texture as Trumps hair...I predict that will continue...

Man gets trapped down a sewer for three days
2-17-2018
The unfortunate man spent several days scrambling around the sewerage system looking for a way out.
How would mankind react to finding aliens ?
2-17-2018
Researchers believe that humanity would be more likely to welcome than fear the discovery of alien life.
Underpants mystery baffles French village
2-16-2018
Someone has been hanging underpants out across a village square in France and nobody seems to know why.
Andromeda is comparable in size to Milky Way
2-16-2018
It turns out that our closest neighboring galaxy is not the behemoth that scientists had previously thought it to be.
Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

The British flying Jeep
Posted 2-3-2018 | 0 comments
The British military reportedly developed a prototype flying car all the way back in 1942.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana