Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Woman 'predicts the future' using asparagus

Posted on Monday, 8 January, 2018 | Comment icon 16 comments

Can asparagus tell the future ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Kylie solong
61-year-old Jemima Packington from Evesham, England claims to be the world's only known 'asparamancer'.
Move over Nostradamus - it turns out that the 16th-century seer, who has been credited with making several accurate predictions about the future, may have some contemporary competition.

Packington, who claims to have successfully predicted a number of events ranging from the financial crisis to British tennis champion Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, makes her predictions by throwing handfuls of asparagus in to the air and interpreting the way in which it lands on the ground.

"I take what I do seriously, but I never take myself seriously," she says. "When I cast the asparagus, it creates patterns and it is the patterns I interpret."

"I'm usually about 80% to 90% accurate with my predictions."

For 2018, her predictions include the stepping down of UK Prime Minister Theresa May, a spate of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions around the world, a string of political scandals and a significant downturn in the economies of several countries.

She also predicts that the US government will bring the world to the brink of major conflict.

"Occasionally I get one slightly off... but I'm never far off," she says.

Source: Angle News | Comments (16)

Tags: Asparagus

Comment icon #7 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:48
And I'm a woman who can tell you why this happens! It's because asparagusic acid is metabolized into other sulfur-containing compounds, most specifically this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanethiol *science teachers can sorta tell the future too*
Comment icon #8 Posted by LV-426 on 8 January, 2018, 20:50
"For example, she said it would rain in the summer, and the UK ended up having the 11th wettest summer on record." Anyone who lives in Britain could have predicted this one... with or without mystic vegetables
Comment icon #9 Posted by joc on 8 January, 2018, 20:55
Who knew! I am in your debt for that jewel of wisdom!  ...hmmm highly flammable....note to self:
Comment icon #10 Posted by Lilly on 8 January, 2018, 20:59
Feel free to tell everyone...oh, and no flatulence near an open flame!
Comment icon #11 Posted by Timonthy on 9 January, 2018, 0:12
Where’s the fun in that!?
Comment icon #12 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:38
You predicter you...
Comment icon #13 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:40
It is like in SA where the ancestors of some  cultures throw bones to predict...every culture has something to contribute to the prediction era
Comment icon #14 Posted by DebDandelion on 9 January, 2018, 4:44
Can't get that picture out of my head of you going to the bathroom with a lit cigarette....and q the asparagus wee...oh my soul...it is funny in my head!
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sooth Sayer on 9 January, 2018, 6:01
Can someone please asparagus from this story?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 9 January, 2018, 7:18
That one almost have the same color and texture as Trumps hair...I predict that will continue...

Police release footage of 'UFO' during storm
2-19-2019
A video recording of a strange light in the sky over Australia was posted online this week by Broome Police.
Ultra-rare penguin caught on film in Antarctica
2-19-2019
This emperor penguin recorded for a BBC documentary is almost entirely black due to a rare genetic mutation.
Is lab-grown meat environmentally friendly ?
2-19-2019
A new study has indicated that growing meat in a laboratory may actually make global warming worse.
Mutant mosquitoes could wipe out malaria
2-18-2019
Two geneticists have been working on a plan to use genetic modification to stop the disease from spreading.
Why do blind people wear sunglasses ?
Posted 2-19-2019 | 0 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why blind people are often seen wearing sunglasses, even indoors.

How will humans evolve ?
Posted 2-12-2019 | 2 comments
What's next for our species - what will a human of the future be like ?

Why do mirrors only flip horizontally?
Posted 2-6-2019 | 3 comments
When you look in the mirror, why is your image only flipped horizontally and not vertically ?

The quest for a superbug cure
Posted 1-31-2019 | 0 comments
Does the key to dealing with superbug infections lie deep underground in a cave ?

Round Earth vs flat Earth
Posted 1-18-2019 | 6 comments
Why do some people believe that the Earth is as flat as a pancake?

My skinless demon