Friday, April 20, 2018

'Apocalyptic' sounds recorded in Hawaii

Posted on Thursday, 12 April, 2018 | Comment icon 25 comments

The sounds were recorded in Hawaii's Pahala region. Image Credit: YouTube / Snippins News
The strange sounds were picked up over a mountainous region of the Hawaiian archipelago last week.
The phenomenon, which has been reported before in other parts of the world as far back as 2008, resembles the sound of a trumpet or other brass instrument being played over and over.

Oddly however, the sound appears to come from everywhere at once with no clear point of origin.

While some people have come to assign supernatural significance to the phenomenon, others have suggested that some form of geological or meteorological activity could be to blame.

There is also the possibility that the video (or the sound itself) in this particular case is a hoax.

Either way, it is certainly eerie.

Source: PJ Media | Comments (25)

Tags: Hawaii, Trumpets, Sounds

Comment icon #16 Posted by Dr.Brian on 15 April, 2018, 2:44
Strangely enough the same exact sounds played at a slightly different speed showed up on the Internet back in 2014. (In other words, this latest video is the same made up stuff as before)
Comment icon #17 Posted by qxcontinuum on 15 April, 2018, 3:23
It's not made up. These sounds have been in news and scientists all over the world have studied them to determine the cause. Some suppositions are; earth's magnetic core, tectonic plates, telephony waves impedance charge ...
Comment icon #18 Posted by MissJatti on 15 April, 2018, 8:30
Doesn't sound like a trumpet to me, sounds more like a screaming tyrannosaurus from Jurassic Park to me
Comment icon #19 Posted by stereologist on 15 April, 2018, 12:58
These sound in the sky videos have been posted for a decade. They all turn out to be hoaxes. Some strange sounds are actually reported but they have turned out to be construction and other sources of sound.
Comment icon #20 Posted by aylaadda on 15 April, 2018, 13:26
My husband and I awoke one morning to extremely loud trumpets and strange "music" we looked at each other and he says is it the end of the world. I said that was my exact thought. Turned out it was the train across the street moving at a snails pace. I've lived here a few years and the train goes by several times a day but it has never sounded so weird.
Comment icon #21 Posted by aylaadda on 15 April, 2018, 13:35
My husband and I awoke one morning to extremely loud trumpets and strange
Comment icon #22 Posted by aylaadda on 15 April, 2018, 13:47
Ps the train sounded just like these videos being posted. Next time they are doing maintenance or crawling I'll make a video to show ya what I'm talking about. It's only done it one time since I've been here but eventually
Comment icon #23 Posted by Seti42 on 17 April, 2018, 19:03
My money is on tectonic activity, or a hoax. I'm also willing to bet this same video footage will show up slightly altered on YouTube at some point claiming to to be footage of an Orb (that lens flare).
Comment icon #24 Posted by JMPD1 on 18 April, 2018, 0:33
Cite your sources please for "Scientists around the world....."
Comment icon #25 Posted by cyclopes500 on 18 April, 2018, 9:09
Its not from the film The War of The Worlds is it? The modern version. I have heard a noise like it before. It was a heavy Goods train moving very slowly on a cold day.

Missing Nazi submarine mystery finally solved
4-20-2018
The wreckage of one of Germany's most advanced U-boats has been discovered off the coast of Denmark.
Mutation helps Bajau people stay underwater
4-19-2018
In a rare case of natural selection in modern humans, the free-diving Bajau people have developed a larger spleen.
NASA teases plans for nuclear power in space
4-19-2018
The space agency will be revealing new details of its 'Kilopower' system at the beginning of next month.
Did intelligent life exist on Earth before humans ?
4-19-2018
Could there have been an advanced civilization on our planet long before mankind appeared on the scene ?
Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

The world's roundest object
Posted 4-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at how the roundest object can help us to define the humble kilogram.

Do fish talk to each other ?
Posted 4-10-2018 | 11 comments
Fish might seem silent, but in actual fact they make a wide range of different sounds.

The great Jaffa Cake debate
Posted 4-8-2018 | 4 comments
Revisiting the age-old question - is the humble Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit ?

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA