Thursday, December 3, 2020

'Ghost' flies at camera in medieval graveyard

Posted on Tuesday, 1 May, 2018 | Comment icon 49 comments

The church and cemetery during the day. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Simon Burchell
A paranormal investigator has captured intriguing footage of a fast-moving mist flying towards him.
Tony Ferguson had been investigating reports of a 'negative presence' in the cemetery at St Mary's Church in Hampshire, England when he captured the anomaly on film (viewable below).

"I don't usually investigate cemeteries," he said. "I don't believe that just because people are buried there, they must be haunted."

"But a few people got in touch to tell me they were concerned about their loved ones who are buried there. Every time they went they could feel this negative presence and it was making them very uncomfortable."

During his visit, the 33-year-old claimed that he had felt 'unwanted' and reported hearing an audible 'whooshing' sound that he has since attributed to the mist in the video.
But did he really capture evidence of a ghost ?

While the footage certainly does appear to show something mist-like moving towards the camera, it could be argued that cigarette smoke (or even another person's breath if it was a cold night) could have created a similar effect if someone else happened to be there at the time.

Tony however remains adamant that it was something paranormal.

"He is clearly a very controlling spirit and doesn't want people visiting the graveyard," he said.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (49)

Tags: Ghost, Graveyard

Comment icon #40 Posted by kapow53 on 6 May, 2018, 17:48
We gots proof now a real ghost.
Comment icon #41 Posted by freetoroam on 6 May, 2018, 18:13
I gots to disagree.
Comment icon #42 Posted by XenoFish on 6 May, 2018, 18:20
It's just swamp gas that's reflect light from Venus.
Comment icon #43 Posted by RoofGardener on 6 May, 2018, 18:31
No. there is a flare on the left side of the image, as you say. But it is not co-ordinated.  It is a reaction by the camera sensor - aided no doubt by "picture correction" algorithms - to a passing distant light source.  Jeez Lousie.... the only "ghosts" here are created in the minds of people who WANT there to be ghosts.  Answer THIS... or shut up. Who took the video footage, and what are THEIR opinions on what THEY saw ?  If you can't answer that, then you are all just jerking off .
Comment icon #44 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 23 May, 2018, 16:42
Well, I think the footage is cool. And it's something, I like to explore, (yeah, multiple viewings.  ) And whether I either have thoughts that it could be a 'ghost', or I want it to be, I'll leave that up to what I think and want to believe. I find myself, hall-way thinking it could be. Part of me seems to see a 'figure' flying right through the camera person, and that it could be a person's head and shoulders and arms. Could be..............      I'm just saying that for my own benefit.      And yes, it could also be a mist, or smoke from a cigarette.  I also think, it also couldn't be either... [More]
Comment icon #45 Posted by NotWhoYouThink on 5 March, 2019, 19:19
that seems photoshopped... i dont believe it at all
Comment icon #46 Posted by the13bats on 9 March, 2019, 8:25
Looked cgi or a flashing glare from something like headlights, the camera man wasnt good. I weigh in a ghost hunter says paranormal is the only possible explanation and the video is used to make profits, and do i even need to state my conclusion ?
Comment icon #47 Posted by ChrLzs on 10 March, 2019, 5:10
    Hi, RG - while that was a good coverage, just a small addition or two to one segnment: Hmmmmm.  I have a range of cameras whose behaviors in low light varies dramatically, and I'd suggest that it could be much longer.  At least two of my cameras (one cheap, one expensive) will automatically drop the frame rate way down to as low as 1-5 frames per second if the light levels are exceedingly low. But there's a bigger problem.. Camera sensors only record ANGULAR velocity, ie the rate at which something traverses the lens' field of view.  Consider the extremes - a distant aircraft or satellite ... [More]
Comment icon #48 Posted by Alien Origins on 10 March, 2019, 13:00
Be honest I did not know what it was..
Comment icon #49 Posted by the13bats on 11 March, 2019, 7:21
Right, i can respect unknown

Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
60ft moving Gundam robot unveiled in Japan
12-1-2020
Japan's Gundam Factory Yokohama complex has revealed its fully functional, life-size robot to the media.
Another monolith has turned up in Romania
12-1-2020
The mystery of the '2001' monoliths has deepened after another one has appeared half way across the world.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball