Tuesday, August 14, 2018

'Ghost' flies at camera in medieval graveyard

Posted on Tuesday, 1 May, 2018 | Comment icon 44 comments

The church and cemetery during the day. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Simon Burchell
A paranormal investigator has captured intriguing footage of a fast-moving mist flying towards him.
Tony Ferguson had been investigating reports of a 'negative presence' in the cemetery at St Mary's Church in Hampshire, England when he captured the anomaly on film (viewable below).

"I don't usually investigate cemeteries," he said. "I don't believe that just because people are buried there, they must be haunted."

"But a few people got in touch to tell me they were concerned about their loved ones who are buried there. Every time they went they could feel this negative presence and it was making them very uncomfortable."

During his visit, the 33-year-old claimed that he had felt 'unwanted' and reported hearing an audible 'whooshing' sound that he has since attributed to the mist in the video.

But did he really capture evidence of a ghost ?

While the footage certainly does appear to show something mist-like moving towards the camera, it could be argued that cigarette smoke (or even another person's breath if it was a cold night) could have created a similar effect if someone else happened to be there at the time.

Tony however remains adamant that it was something paranormal.

"He is clearly a very controlling spirit and doesn't want people visiting the graveyard," he said.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (44)

Tags: Ghost, Graveyard

Comment icon #35 Posted by RoofGardener on 3 May, 2018, 13:29
Possibly Stereologist, but I'm skeptical. There is no indication of any fog in any other part of the picture. Also, a focused beam would have to be very narrow to produce that effect by illuminating fog, and would be blocked by the surrounding foliage.  I think this is an ambient, reflected light effect triggering a false registration in the low-light sensor on the camera, rather than an actual physical object (e.g. fog) being directly illuminated.  Or, of course, it could have been a ghost !
Comment icon #36 Posted by MissJatti on 3 May, 2018, 13:30
If you look closely to the left side of the footage the so called ghost has a reflection too
Comment icon #37 Posted by stereologist on 3 May, 2018, 20:59
The lens is fogged and the background lights are in a fog - at least that is what I interpret.
Comment icon #38 Posted by stereologist on 3 May, 2018, 21:01
Comment icon #39 Posted by Seti42 on 4 May, 2018, 23:48
I think the creator just sped up and reversed footage of cigarette smoke/vape exhale. It's a simple, low budget bit of fakery and all you need is a cig/vape pen, a camera, and some basic video editing software.
Comment icon #40 Posted by kapow53 on 6 May, 2018, 17:48
We gots proof now a real ghost.
Comment icon #41 Posted by freetoroam on 6 May, 2018, 18:13
I gots to disagree.
Comment icon #42 Posted by XenoFish on 6 May, 2018, 18:20
It's just swamp gas that's reflect light from Venus.
Comment icon #43 Posted by RoofGardener on 6 May, 2018, 18:31
No. there is a flare on the left side of the image, as you say. But it is not co-ordinated.  It is a reaction by the camera sensor - aided no doubt by "picture correction" algorithms - to a passing distant light source.  Jeez Lousie.... the only "ghosts" here are created in the minds of people who WANT there to be ghosts.  Answer THIS... or shut up. Who took the video footage, and what are THEIR opinions on what THEY saw ?  If you can't answer that, then you are all just jerking off .
Comment icon #44 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 23 May, 2018, 16:42
Well, I think the footage is cool. And it's something, I like to explore, (yeah, multiple viewings.  ) And whether I either have thoughts that it could be a 'ghost', or I want it to be, I'll leave that up to what I think and want to believe. I find myself, hall-way thinking it could be. Part of me seems to see a 'figure' flying right through the camera person, and that it could be a person's head and shoulders and arms. Could be..............      I'm just saying that for my own benefit.      And yes, it could also be a mist, or smoke from a cigarette.  I also think, it also couldn't be either... [More]

New prehistoric flying reptile discovered
8-13-2018
Scientists have revealed the discovery of a new species of giant pterosaur that lived over 200 million years ago.
Pence: US Space Force to be set up by 2020
8-13-2018
Trump's plan to establish American dominance in space could be set in motion sooner rather than later.
Robot could search Mars for alien organisms
8-12-2018
NASA is investigating the possibility of sending a probe to Mars that could directly seek out alien life forms.
Second Sphinx possibly discovered in Egypt
8-12-2018
Construction workers have unearthed what is thought to be a second Sphinx near the Valley of the Kings.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas