We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Saturday, November 27, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Ghosts & Hauntings

Cops flee from 'haunted' police station

July 1, 2018 | Comment icon 19 comments

The station has something of a haunted reputation. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A police station in India's Jharkhand state is reportedly so haunted that everyone leaves by 11pm every night.
According to reports, policemen at the Jugsalai police station have been offering prayers for deliverance from 'wandering spirits' and are too terrified to stick around after dark.

"Nothing appears fine here," said one inspector. "We feel terrified all the time due to sudden fear."

The ghostly presence allegedly manifests in the form of strange sounds that occur after midnight. Some say that the building itself has been built over a local cremation ground.
Fear of the supernatural is a lot more prevalent in India than it is in the west.

In addition to the police station, the Begunkodar railway station in Jharkhand, which was shut down in 1967 after being described as a 'haunted place', was also thought to be home to ghosts and spirits.

Reportedly it had become impossible to run because no railway officials wanted to be posted there.

Source: Gulf News | Comments (19)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #10 Posted by Seti42 3 years ago
Well, I know where I'm moving if I want to commit crime after 11pm.
Comment icon #11 Posted by highdesert50 3 years ago
Have you noticed that spirits seem to emerge only after dark as if on a night shift schedule. But, therein we find the real culprit. No one really wants to work night shift so let us blame it on errant spirits so we can go home.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Timothy 3 years ago
I love shift work, itís nice to be out of sync with the majority. Maybe Iíll apply to work over there. Unsure about the pay though.†
Comment icon #13 Posted by The Caspian Hare 3 years ago
There is one brave soul remaining on night shift who cannot respond to calls because he is performing exorcisim rituals to cleanse the station (read hiding in the back room and sleeping.) Good people of Jamshedpur: you are on your own.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Not A Rockstar 3 years ago
heck yeah, nights is the shift to work. Less hassle by far.
Comment icon #15 Posted by paperdyer 3 years ago
Evidently not for the police at this station. For producing some very educated people it's hard to believe this stuff still happens.† Are there some eerie things we can't explain yet?† Sure! But if the police are scared, I don't want them coming on a call to my home. My shadow man may scare them!† Haven't "seen" him for some time.† Maybe he got tired of camping out in my driveway.† Come to think about it, maybe my wife's old car was haunted as he's been gone as long as we have my wife's new car.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever 3 years ago
More likely human's fear levels rise at night. Couple the power of suggestion†with an instinctive fear of not being able to see as well in the dark, and I think we've identified the source of a majority of ghost sightings throughout human history.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Not A Rockstar 3 years ago
unless your house is in India, I doubt they will be coming †
Comment icon #18 Posted by TripGun 3 years ago
Psychological vetting is so important in public service applications.
Comment icon #19 Posted by LostSouls7 3 years ago
† Wow I wonder if the ghosts are eating all the donuts lol