Monday, July 23, 2018

Cops flee from 'haunted' police station

Posted on Sunday, 1 July, 2018 | Comment icon 17 comments

The station has something of a haunted reputation. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A police station in India's Jharkhand state is reportedly so haunted that everyone leaves by 11pm every night.
According to reports, policemen at the Jugsalai police station have been offering prayers for deliverance from 'wandering spirits' and are too terrified to stick around after dark.

"Nothing appears fine here," said one inspector. "We feel terrified all the time due to sudden fear."

The ghostly presence allegedly manifests in the form of strange sounds that occur after midnight. Some say that the building itself has been built over a local cremation ground.

Fear of the supernatural is a lot more prevalent in India than it is in the west.

In addition to the police station, the Begunkodar railway station in Jharkhand, which was shut down in 1967 after being described as a 'haunted place', was also thought to be home to ghosts and spirits.

Reportedly it had become impossible to run because no railway officials wanted to be posted there.

Source: Gulf News | Comments (17)

Tags: Haunted, India

Comment icon #8 Posted by switchopens on 1 July, 2018, 18:43
This sounds more like mass hysteria with the given information. I doubt they even tried an actual investigation.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Cosmicfungus on 1 July, 2018, 20:34
Send me here, I?ll sit a night out with them. To ease their souls. Well at least to test it out. Much love to them all, and all of youse.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Seti42 on 1 July, 2018, 23:57
Well, I know where I'm moving if I want to commit crime after 11pm.
Comment icon #11 Posted by highdesert50 on 2 July, 2018, 12:35
Have you noticed that spirits seem to emerge only after dark as if on a night shift schedule. But, therein we find the real culprit. No one really wants to work night shift so let us blame it on errant spirits so we can go home.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Timothy on 2 July, 2018, 13:09
I love shift work, itís nice to be out of sync with the majority. Maybe Iíll apply to work over there. Unsure about the pay though.†
Comment icon #13 Posted by The Caspian Hare on 2 July, 2018, 13:16
There is one brave soul remaining on night shift who cannot respond to calls because he is performing exorcisim rituals to cleanse the station (read hiding in the back room and sleeping.) Good people of Jamshedpur: you are on your own.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 2 July, 2018, 16:19
heck yeah, nights is the shift to work. Less hassle by far.
Comment icon #15 Posted by paperdyer on 2 July, 2018, 17:50
Evidently not for the police at this station. For producing some very educated people it's hard to believe this stuff still happens.† Are there some eerie things we can't explain yet?† Sure! But if the police are scared, I don't want them coming on a call to my home. My shadow man may scare them!† Haven't "seen" him for some time.† Maybe he got tired of camping out in my driveway.† Come to think about it, maybe my wife's old car was haunted as he's been gone as long as we have my wife's new car.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever on 2 July, 2018, 19:28
More likely human's fear levels rise at night. Couple the power of suggestion†with an instinctive fear of not being able to see as well in the dark, and I think we've identified the source of a majority of ghost sightings throughout human history.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 3 July, 2018, 4:43
unless your house is in India, I doubt they will be coming †

Hidden 'Stonehenge' discovered in Ireland
7-22-2018
A Neolithic henge that had lain hidden for centuries has been revealed in Ireland thanks to a recent drought.
Giant 'dire wolf' filmed chasing dog in woods
7-22-2018
Remarkable footage has resurfaced showing a dog being pursued by a gigantic black wolf-like creature.
Neil Armstrong's collection to go up for auction
7-21-2018
A number of personal mementos Armstrong took with him to the Moon are set to go up for sale at auction.
Mystery buzzing plagues Barwell residents
7-21-2018
An aggravating background noise has been giving locals in Leicestershire sleepless nights for months.
Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA